Best article written about the Pistons to date | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best article written about the Pistons to date

TerryTate said:
And Phil....do you not see the constant bickering your team does after EVERY SINGLE whistle? I know you see it, even through the blue and red glasses.

Roughly 90% of NBA players are firmly convinced that they have never, ever committed a foul. Sheed, obviously, is more vocal about it than most, but the tradeoff is that the refs are extremely quick to T up Wallace.

Section126 said:
Detroit Pistons.....the kings of the moving picks.....

And Shaquille O'Neal commits an offensive foul every other possession. So what?

I don't dispute it, but the NBA NEVER calls the moving pick any more, on anyone (well, maybe Yao Ming, if you believe Jeff Van Gundy). Everybody gets away with it now. It's like complaining about not getting called for a travel.

phunwin said:
I don't dispute it, but the NBA NEVER calls the moving pick any more, on anyone (well, maybe Yao Ming, if you believe Jeff Van Gundy). Everybody gets away with it now. It's like complaining about not getting called for a travel.

You're a thousand percent right....point guards have lead blockers now...it's horsecrap.

phunwin said:
Roughly 90% of NBA players are firmly convinced that they have never, ever committed a foul. Sheed, obviously, is more vocal about it than most, but the tradeoff is that the refs are extremely quick to T up Wallace.

In order for that to be true every game would be involving the pistons. you are right to some extent, but do teams bicker on EVERY PLAY? simple answer: no. The number isnt that high. If they do complain, they arent little drama queens.

Like I said before, Rasheed Wallace could knock you upside the head with a 2 x 4 and then get called for a foul, look towards the ref and say "are you crazy? What a BS call"

Tate's still bitter. :lol:
Take the high road and you'll feel better about yourself. The Heat is still a great team, why so sad? :(

Den54 said:
Tate's still bitter. :lol:
Take the high road and you'll feel better about yourself. The Heat is still a great team, why so sad? :(

I'm not sad....and I'm at peace with the outcome the heat faced this past year after hte injuries...i said a few posts ago that wade wouldve probably set him self up to really permanently hurt himself if he kept playing into the finals...

I just cant watch a team that draws comparisons to a little kid in a store with his mom, asking for a toy, and whining and b!tching and crying until he gets what he wants. I'm not asking for them to not be upset about some calls, but just show a little better sportsmanship.

TerryTate said:
I'm not sad....and I'm at peace with the outcome the heat faced this past year after hte injuries...i said a few posts ago that wade wouldve probably set him self up to really permanently hurt himself if he kept playing into the finals...

I just cant watch a team that draws comparisons to a little kid in a store with his mom, asking for a toy, and whining and b!tching and crying until he gets what he wants. I'm not asking for them to not be upset about some calls, but just show a little better sportsmanship.

Well its for the championship. A real dogfight if you will. A team is going to do all it can as long as they're allow to. And at the end of the day its still up the ref's to make the correct call. No?

TerryTate said:
In order for that to be true every game would be involving the pistons. you are right to some extent, but do teams bicker on EVERY PLAY? simple answer: no. The number isnt that high. If they do complain, they arent little drama queens.

Like I said before, Rasheed Wallace could knock you upside the head with a 2 x 4 and then get called for a foul, look towards the ref and say "are you crazy? What a BS call"

That's Sheed, he is what he is. But as a result of his whining (and yes, he does it more than almost any player in the NBA, I'd be crazy to dispute that) he gets T'ed up quickly and (believe it or not) seldom gets the benefit of the doubt on a borderline call. So he whines too much and he pays for it. Where's the problem?

If you remove Sheed from the equation, I don't think the Pistons are any better or worse than the average NBA team in this department. But I'd note that in the playoffs, the pressure ratchets up and every call is life or death. Hell, I'd rather see a team that's pissed about each and every thing that goes against them than one that just lets things slide. They care. How many NBA games, playoff games even, have you watched and been able to point to a guy and say, "he doesn't give a crap. He's stuck a postage stamp on this game and mailed it in"? Plenty.

I'd also note that the Spurs are a Vlade Divac addition away from having the best flop-artists in the NBA. That seems to be overlooked in this series and especially overlooked in Cunningham's article, which was somewhere between "whiny" and "insipid". If the Pistons whine too much, the Spurs take dives like they're playing for the World Cup, and it's not just Ginobili, either.

Finally, ref baiting is an NBA Finals tradition. Nobody, but NOBODY was more of a ref-baiter than Phil Jackson. You could cross Jim Boeheim and Larry Brown (my two favorite basketball coaches, by the way, for obvious reasons), and not get near the level of ref baiting that Big Chief Triangle has engaged in over the years. And he's got 9 rings.

So maybe, just maybe, grousing to the Three Blind Mice (as Charley Rosen calls the refs) works. And if it works, why not do it? Of course, taking a dive to draw a foul usually works, too. So basically, you've got two teams that are willing to go the extra mile to win. Where's the problem?

phunwin said:
That's Sheed, he is what he is. But as a result of his whining (and yes, he does it more than almost any player in the NBA, I'd be crazy to dispute that) he gets T'ed up quickly and (believe it or not) seldom gets the benefit of the doubt on a borderline call. So he whines too much and he pays for it. Where's the problem?

If you remove Sheed from the equation, I don't think the Pistons are any better or worse than the average NBA team in this department. But I'd note that in the playoffs, the pressure ratchets up and every call is life or death. Hell, I'd rather see a team that's pissed about each and every thing that goes against them than one that just lets things slide. They care. How many NBA games, playoff games even, have you watched and been able to point to a guy and say, "he doesn't give a crap. He's stuck a postage stamp on this game and mailed it in"? Plenty.

I'd also note that the Spurs are a Vlade Divac addition away from having the best flop-artists in the NBA. That seems to be overlooked in this series and especially overlooked in Cunningham's article, which was somewhere between "whiny" and "insipid". If the Pistons whine too much, the Spurs take dives like they're playing for the World Cup, and it's not just Ginobili, either.

Finally, ref baiting is an NBA Finals tradition. Nobody, but NOBODY was more of a ref-baiter than Phil Jackson. You could cross Jim Boeheim and Larry Brown (my two favorite basketball coaches, by the way, for obvious reasons), and not get near the level of ref baiting that Big Chief Triangle has engaged in over the years. And he's got 9 rings.

So maybe, just maybe, grousing to the Three Blind Mice (as Charley Rosen calls the refs) works. And if it works, why not do it? Of course, taking a dive to draw a foul usually works, too. So basically, you've got two teams that are willing to go the extra mile to win. Where's the problem?

There is no problem, just bitterness and sourgrapes from Heat fans.

I agree, the Pistons make it so hard to like them, or respect them. Me and my bro are just watching these games saying every 20 secs, "just shutup and get back on defense", "omg just play the game and stfu", its been the worst NBA Finals I can remember watching simply because of the boorish behavior of the Pistons. The team reflects the coach, classless and whiny.
The refs are ruining these games also, just let them play in the playoffs.

Den54 said:
There is no problem, just bitterness and sourgrapes from Heat fans.

yeah, i love watching a basketball game where a guy gets called for a foul and runs halfway around the court protesting. it makes the game fun again. and 'sheed gets t'ed up quick? you didn't see him play for portland much, did you, phunwin? he doesn't get t'ed up quick at all in comparison. he begs for t's these days and most refs show great restraint. because he plays for a team that complains the "right way."

Why does everyone overlook Tayshaun? The guy has been HUGE for the Pistons.

Tayshaun is the factor that puts the Pistons over the edge IMO. He gets clutch rebounds, is a great defender, and can score when he needs to.

Originally Posted by TerryTate

Who's whining? If this is whining, then what were you knicks fans doing the ENTIRE season as your team was in the crapper in the first two months of the season?

My point (and Cunningham's) is that the Pistons don't deserve this NBA title, because they are the whiniest babies that have ever seen play the game. As for the Heat, I'm at peace that they lost. If the injury-riddled HEAT got by the Detroit Pansies then they wouldve gotten their butts handed to them by San Antonio in 5, maybe 6 games. Wade wouldve tried to play with injections again, further damaging his muscles and probably taking years off his career. There is always next year.

If you lived in south florida during the heat's run through the playoffs Tony...the only people that called into 790 the ticket for days were New Yorkers saying how the Heat were overrated and all this other crap. In fact, the future Phins play x play announcer Boog Sciambi called them out, calling them obnoxious on his radio show.

LMAO, the Pistons don't deserve the title because they whine about foul calls. That's good logic. Forget the fact that this is one of the best basketball teams in the NBA, they don't deserve to win because they complain about fouls :lol:

Boog Sciambi called out New Yorkers? With a name like that someone needs to call out his mother. If I knew who that was I might care or take offense. As far as why New Yorkers were calling in to talk about the Heat. That's probably because 50% of South Florida is New Yorkers. Don't hate them for calling it like THEY see it. They keep the economy afloat down there, the least they can get in return is a few minutes on sports talk radio.

Now with the Heat being overrated. The Heat as a team actually played better then I thought they would but there is one thing overrated on the Heat...SHAQ. He's always injured and ever year he gets another year older, slower, and lazier. Heat fans, stop whining about Detroit, savor the season you just had (the best you've had in your teams short history), and start preparing for next season. Here's a tissue to wipe your eyes. :rofl3: !

DPlus47 said:
yeah, i love watching a basketball game where a guy gets called for a foul and runs halfway around the court protesting. it makes the game fun again. and 'sheed gets t'ed up quick? you didn't see him play for portland much, did you, phunwin? he doesn't get t'ed up quick at all in comparison. he begs for t's these days and most refs show great restraint. because he plays for a team that complains the "right way."

No, I never watched Sheed in Portland. You see, despite the fact that I try to act like a knowledgeable basketball fan, I've never watched any game that didn't involve the Pistons. I had no idea he came to the Pistons from the Blazers (and a one-game cameo in Atlanta) with a reputation for being a nutcase. :rolleyes:

Sheed has 9 T's in the playoffs. No one else has more than 3.

Sheed had 27 T's this season, leading the NBA. Danny Fortson was second with 23.

I wouldn't say the refs are showing "great restraint".

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
LMAO, the Pistons don't deserve the title because they whine about foul calls. That's good logic. Forget the fact that this is one of the best basketball teams in the NBA, they don't deserve to win because they complain about fouls

They complain on even obvious calls in order to rattle the refs to get calls later. If they are such a great basketball team, that's not necessary. A lot of players do that, but they don't even compete with the pistons in that regard.

They need to just shut up and play...then I would be perfectly fine with them winning the NBA title, it makes the Heat look stronger....but with them b!tching, i want them to fall hard.

TerryTate said:
They complain on even obvious calls in order to rattle the refs to get calls later. If they are such a great basketball team, that's not necessary. A lot of players do that, but they don't even compete with the pistons in that regard.

They need to just shut up and play...then I would be perfectly fine with them winning the NBA title, it makes the Heat look stronger....but with them b!tching, i want them to fall hard.

Well its too late for them to fall hard, I mean its going to game 7. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom