Best article written about the Pistons to date | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best article written about the Pistons to date

phunwin said:
No, I never watched Sheed in Portland. You see, despite the fact that I try to act like a knowledgeable basketball fan, I've never watched any game that didn't involve the Pistons. I had no idea he came to the Pistons from the Blazers (and a one-game cameo in Atlanta) with a reputation for being a nutcase. :rolleyes:

Sheed has 9 T's in the playoffs. No one else has more than 3.

Sheed had 27 T's this season, leading the NBA. Danny Fortson was second with 23.

I wouldn't say the refs are showing "great restraint".

i apologize. i didn't mean to come across as insulting to your intelligence. i live on the west coast and incorrectly assumed i have watched more blazers' games than you. i do believe that they used to have a quicker trigger with wallace when he was out west. i've been at games where he was T'd for looking at someone wrong. i have seen him get away with a lot more in this year's playoff run. usually, it's not the first or even the second tirade that gets him a T. perhaps i am a victim of the media hype surrounding him, the hype that says he's a changed man. so at worst, he gets more T's (with detroit) and hasn't changed his behavior at all, but he has a better reputation now. the stats for T's don't go back to the years i am remembering (the lakers' first and second title runs, 2000 and 2001), so i have nothing there. i have watched several playoff series involving sheed, and i think he's getting away with more now.

as for those saying "they complain, so what?" it's not as if they don't deserve to win if they win. they are a good team, and they should be in contention to win a title. the problem is, when you melt down as frequently as their players do, i believe it sets a bad example and it's not fun to watch. if you like that, more power to ya'. my not wanting them to win and their "deserving" to win are two different things. if they can win 2 straight in san antonio, they'll deserve to win. and they'll whine all the way through their celebration. good for them, and good for all the people who love boorish behavior. i personally don't think it's good for the game, but what do i know?
i think there are more ways to embarass yourself than losing.

byroan said:
:cry:

I'm a proud Bobcats fan. It's the only Charlotte area team I pull for.

Now I am...

I'm gonna buy me a tshirt probobly and make a sig and avy for them after the draft with both there draft picks in it :D

Go Bobcats Go!

Buddwalk said:
Now I am...

I'm gonna buy me a tshirt probobly and make a sig and avy for them after the draft with both there draft picks in it :D

Go Bobcats Go!

You better wait and see if they trade them firsts, because we all know that there is quite a big of rookies who gets traded within the first couple of days after the draft.

Back
Top Bottom