Best Decision by Dolphins over past 10 years | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Decision by Dolphins over past 10 years

Using player/coach decisions and not considering the huge front office changes. Sparano has been an efficient coach and seems to be innovative and willing to make changes. As far as players go; it has to be bringing in Chad Pennington. He changed the culture of this team through example and infused confidence in a group that was used to losing.

Like others have said, hiring of BP and the drafting of Jake Long.

As for those saying Penny and what he supposedly brought to this team. He did lead this team to a winning record against a Brady free East and the cupcake schedule. 7 wins by 7 pts or less to teams that were .500 or worse, then threw us out of the playoffs by being picked off .... how many times?

The defense of 08 built with stop gaps and old vets got this team started.

Building an Orange Bowl replica in a frenzied relevant location.

Okay, that's my fantasy for the next 10 years.

Fat chance.

Let's see, we've done squat for 10 years so it can't be a decision that's already run its course. The hope is Chad Henne but logic isolates Jake Long. I prefer to gamble but in that crop the safe foundational choice seemed most wise. I was never a Matt Ryan guy. He dropped off 1.4 YPPA and nearly 2 yards per completion last year.

On edit: who turned on the bold type? Unintentional...

FO = BP - no brainer

Personnel move

Drafting Long was also a no-brainer for FO... coming off a 1-15

so I'm going to say drafting Henne...

I would say in no real order

Letting Yeremiah Bell get more snaps and seeing what he could do (Thank You Saban one good decision)
Welcoming Ricky back and Ricky showing how he has matured as a person (really getting his life in order and showing why he is one of the smartest football players).
Running the Wildcat in 2008. We just had the perfect mix: Two RBs that are talented and unselfish, a QB that didnt mind not calling all the plays etc.
I would say building off the players from Wanny, Saban and even Cameron that have been good guys and filtering out the rest. As much as we hate those guys there are some good players that are still here that contribute: Bell, Vernon Carey, Will Allen, Greg Camarillo, Ronnie Brown.

No one has mentioned dumping Ray Lucas?

Ray Lucas was not even close to the worst QB who played for us. At least he won a few games. Compare what he did to Beck.

I certainly think its extending our ownership group to include the very football adept J-Lo and Marc Anthony as well as the Williams sisters. Obviously, this is in Jest. The obvious answer is the correct answer, Bill!

FO = BP - no brainer

Personnel move

Drafting Long was also a no-brainer for FO... coming off a 1-15

so I'm going to say drafting Henne...

It's funny though everybody saying Long was a no brainer. I don't think you could count how many people are eating crow right now because they wanted nothing to do with the big guy

Back
Top Bottom