Best Decision by Dolphins over past 10 years | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Decision by Dolphins over past 10 years

walt

Active Roster
Reaction score
There's a thread here about the worst decision by the Dolphins over the past 10 years, but let's be a bit more positive. What do you think is the BEST decision by the team over the past 10 years? The obvious thing is hiring Parcells, but since the story is not yet told on that, I'm going to go with welcoming Ricky back after all his troubles with illegal drug use and the way that he betrayed the team with his sudden retirement. He's certainly rewarded us for the FO's faith!

Drafting Jake Long was probable they best move they have made..But I agree with Pac..Hiring Bill was huge

So far people are focusing on just the past couple years.

How about signing castoff free agent Wes Welker? He produced big-time for us, netted us a 2nd round pick (and a later pick?) when he left, and has gone on to even greater things since then.

So far people are focusing on just the past couple years.

How about signing castoff free agent Wes Welker? He produced big-time for us, netted us a 2nd round pick (and a later pick?) when he left, and has gone on to even greater things since then.

A 2nd round pick that turned out to be John Beck, and 7th round pick that no longer plays in the NFL.. Dude, there is a reason why people are focusing on recent years. Because, before Bill came in not a lot of smart desicions were being made.

Hiring Jeff Ireland as GM...this guys is overlooked way too much

A 2nd round pick that turned out to be John Beck, and 7th round pick that no longer plays in the NFL.. Dude, there is a reason why people are focusing on recent years. Because, before Bill came in not a lot of smart desicions were being made.

You're ignoring what he did for us when he was here, and how much more he would have done if we had been able to keep him. You can't deny that signing him as an unknown for nothing was a good move.

BTW, the 2nd round pick turned out to be Samson Satele. We then taded him for a 6th round pick and a swap of 4ths, and the 4th round pick we got from that turned into Brian Hartline, who quickly turned into the darling of Finheaven! Changes the picture a bit, don't you think?

i maybe overthinking this, and only doing so, so that i have a totally different answer than 99% of this board on this, but im gonna say the dolphins not drafting brady quinn in 07.

now i no we took ginn instead with that pick, but if we wouldve taken quinn, i feel that he prob wouldnt have played that much that season, and even if he had and done bad it wouldve been blamed on the horrible team we had that year, giving him the whole 2008 and beyond to still develop and prove himself.

if that was the case then even though we had a totally diffrent regime the next year, i doubt we take henne the next season in the 2nd round, and today we would be without a qb for the future still and would prob still be looking for our future franchise qb.

yes i may have totally overthought this like crazy, but im just trying to think of something intresting and out of the box. whether people are gonna think it makes sense a little, or its the dumbest thing ever, that will be determined soon i guess by the people on finheaven.

Back
Top Bottom