Best Dolphin Middle Linebacker | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Dolphin Middle Linebacker

Who is the best Middle Linebacker in Dolphin history?

• Zach Thomas

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • John Offerdahl

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Nick Buoniconti

Votes: 20 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Had it not been for a knee injury in high school, I would have been the GREATEST MLB in Dolphin's history.

What's that ringing.........damn alarm clock again!

this is hard. I saw all 3 of them play tho I was just a kid when Nick played. He's in the HOF so as of now, he'd have to be the pick. Oferdahl was amazing. He didn't have Timbo in front of him to protect him and keep blockers off of him like Zack does. We can't overlook the number of tackles and plays that Zack has made but John was a better player IMO. Of course is nothing agaisnt Zack or Nick but that's where my vote goes.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny
this is hard. I saw all 3 of them play tho I was just a kid when Nick played. He's in the HOF so as of now, he'd have to be the pick. Oferdahl was amazing. He didn't have Timbo in front of him to protect him and keep blockers off of him like Zack does. We can't overlook the number of tackles and plays that Zack has made but John was a better player IMO. Of course is nothing agaisnt Zack or Nick but that's where my vote goes.

Ozzy rules!!

I watched all three play as well, and I can`t pick one. John was taller than Zack and had more fluid movements, but didn`t have better instincts, imo. Tough call....all three were/are great with their own style.

Originally posted by ZOD
It's Zach. The only evidence you really need is the 2001 season complete with playing the following week after a neck injury from a goal line stand.

Offerdahl was too injury prone and had a short lived career. Groin, abdominal muscle, and Shoulder-seemed like anything would keep him out of football.

Upon retirement ``My game is all the time to seek contact and I found myself in the game avoiding contact,'' Offerdahl said.

As far as Nick goes....It was a different time with a different game of football.. He was good for his day but Zach is our best ever..

I must agree

I'd go with Zach. I didn't see Nick play, and I saw Offer. play sporadically, but it seemed like he was always injured. If Sunday Ticket had been around when Offer. played, maybe I wouldn't be as biased, since I've watched all of Zach's games. But Zach has just been a tackling machine, and doesn't he have the most interceptions for a linebacker for the dolphins?or is it most returns for td's?

I went with Nick. I'd give Oferhdahl #2 but, as has been stated repeatedly, he just didn't stay on the field enough. Great when he was there, just wasn't there enough.

I voted for John. I never seen Nick play so I can't really vote for him. However, IMO you could put John in almost any defense and he would of shined. I think Zach is really good because he has a defense that is based around his strengths. That isn't a knock on him, he is still an excellent player. I just think John was better.

Oh, as far as an intimidating LB? Offerdahl ranks higher than Zack in my opinion, but when I think of "greatest linebacker", I guess "contributed the most" weighs into the balance in my mind. Nick provided both those qualities, despite his size. Of course though, he was surrounded by talent at least as high quality as Zack is. John wasn't.

lets make something clear about John. He did stay healthy the 1st 5 years and went to the probowl each of those years. I'm pretty sure that he got hurt in his 6th year and from there on he kept on getting hurt. It'd have been nice to see him play a long time but still, what he did was just great.

Ozzy rules!!

Thank you Danny!!!

It always make me sad when I hear fans characterize John as injury prone. As you correctly pointed out he had 5 (I actually think it was 6) years of injury free play and made the pro bowl each of those years. Its ashame that he is most remember for his final years. The guy was an absolute stud and essenitally was the Dolphins defense when he played.

Back
Top Bottom