Best Dolphin Tailgating recipe.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Dolphin Tailgating recipe....

inFINSible said:
Bubba Burgers....steaks soaked in Dale's marinade....kielbasa with vidalia onions cooked in beer and butter.....and Coronas...:drool:

everything sounds good except the bubba burgers.. THose Bubba's in a box are not cool at all...

BringBackShula said:
woah, woah...."sausage-stuffed ribs??! How do you stuff sausage in ribs? Actually, I think I'll be looking for you on game days...Really though, how do you make that?

My guess would be that you cut horizontal slits in the meat and put some ground up sausage in there. You probably can't get too much in unless you've got particularly meaty ribs.

But I am also eager to hear how you do that.

Wing Zzzingers and beer...

Coat wings in wing sauce (your favorite, but I use Anchor Bar and Grill wing sauce...the original buffalo wing place, but any wing sauce or even hot sauce works well) and black pepper, rosemary, chili powder, garlic powder, onion salt, and Emeril's original spice....then put on grill at about 225 degrees, turning every 15 minutes and coating with a wing sauce mixture of equal parts of wing sauce and brown sugar, and butter....heat the sauce up until mixed and melted and splash on wings (both sides) every 15 minutes...best wings you ever had. Cook for 2-1/2 or 3 hours, keep beer cold...best wings you ever had, guaranteed....

I usually do a Southwestern Chicken Chilli, I do a medium version and a hot version, medium I use Jalepenos and the hot I use Scotch Bonnett peppers instead. I made a smoker last year so I usually Jerk some meat(get your minds out of the gutter lol) too usually Jerk Chicken or Pork. Some Rice and Beans and Banana Bread to top it off. On a Corona trip at the moment but if I can get it usually serve Red Stripe too, anything to bring the West Indies up to MN. Most of my friends are Vikings fans so I usually do this for those games and have a portable computer going for the Fins. I might change Dishes and get Direct TV strictly for the football season this year and run both the Fins and Vikes on this year.

phunwin said:
Best...thread....ever.

My dad and stepmom bought me a gas-powered deep fryer for my birthday. So this year, I'll be deep frying chicken or turkey for the games. Might even bring along some Anchor Bar wing sauce and make Buffalo chicken sandwiches.

Pulled pork is good, and you can do most of the prep work at home. Get some pork butt, stick it in a crock pot with a little beef broth and vinegar and cook on low for about 10 hours. You should be able to pull it apart with a fork at that point. Mix it up with some hot sauce or BBQ sauce (whatever your taste) and put it in a container (probably one of those aluminum cafeteria style ones) for the game. Reheat it, perhaps on a grill, and serve on a bun. For Carolina-style, throw some coleslaw on top.

If you have a grill, ribs are a great way to go, if you have the time. Here's my recipe:

Prep them the night before (btw, if you have a Sam's Club in your area, you can get excellent meat for dirt-cheap prices. I highly recommend it.) by cutting off the membrane (for those who don't know, it's the white skin-like thing on the back of the ribs, and it's a pain in the @$$, but it will make your ribs more tender for getting rid of it), rubbing some vinegar on them and then giving them a dry rub. I use Cajun seasoning, paprika, mustard seed, brown sugar, pepper, cayenne pepper and chili powder, but I also like mine pretty spicy. If you want a sweeter rub, use maple syrup or honey instead of vinegar, add cinammon and use more brown sugar. Wrap the ribs in plastic wrap and leave them in the fridge overnight.

The next morning, move them from the plastic wrap to some alumnium foil. Bring some liquid smoke with you to the game, and if you like, some BBQ sauce. Throw a little (not too much, it's strong stuff) liquid smoke on the ribs before putting them on the grill, in the aluminum foil. Get the grill so it's on low heat.

Throw that stuff on the grill in the foil, and let it cook for about an hour. The foil keeps the ribs from charring on the outside and helps to hold some juices in. Check periodically; it's done when the meat has receded from the bones (again, this will usually take an hour on low heat, but your grill may vary). Throw the BBQ sauce on both sides if desired and let it cook for another 10 min or so to let the sauce bake on.

Serve with beans, cornbread and a case of Labatt Blue.

Bon appetit.

Hey, bro. You should also try using Apple Cider in the marinade. Its makes the ribs really tender because of the acid and the flavor is GREAT. Oh, I just copied and pasted your post. Consider you recipe stolen.:wink:

T.R.U. FIN3 said:
Hey, bro. You should also try using Apple Cider in the marinade. Its makes the ribs really tender because of the acid and the flavor is GREAT. Oh, I just copied and pasted your post. Consider you recipe stolen.:wink:

Apple cider? Sounds good to me. I'll give that a try. Thanks for the tip. That's fair payment for stealing my recipe. ;)

Green Chilli.

2lbs diced pork
Large onion diced
2 cloves of garlic
2lbs diced tomatos
6-10 (personal taste) 7oz cans diced jalapeno peppers
2 cups of water
1 or 2 packages of pork gravy mix
pepper to taste

(Best to do the night before)
Sautee pork, onions, garlic and pepper
add tomatos, peppers, and water.
Let simmer 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally
Add pork gravy mix to thicken.

Serve with tortilla's or over rice.
Yummy!

Denverfinfan said:
Green Chilli.

2lbs diced pork
Large onion diced
2 cloves of garlic
2lbs diced tomatos
6-10 (personal taste) 7oz cans diced jalapeno peppers
2 cups of water
1 or 2 packages of pork gravy mix
pepper to taste

(Best to do the night before)
Sautee pork, onions, garlic and pepper
add tomatos, peppers, and water.
Let simmer 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally
Add pork gravy mix to thicken.

Serve with tortilla's or over rice.
Yummy!

Sounds really good...Except for the out of control hemrroids after you eat it all...

I usully do some Grilled Jerk Wings and a few slabs of pork ribs

Jerk Wings
I season the wings with seaoned salt, garlic powder, accent, onion powder, jerk seasoning, paprika. Next I add the actual Jerk marinade. Watch how much you add because this stuff can be really really hot depending on what brand you get. I usually stop by a Jamaican/West Indian store and pick up a bottle. After you let the wings sit in the marinade for about 20 minutes (minimum), place them on the grill and there ya go.

Pork Ribs (Works with beef ribs too)
I usually do a dry rub on them using, season salt, garlic powder, completes seasoning, montreal steak seasoning, roasted garlic and red bell pepper, and Adobo w/ cummin'. I let that sit for about an hour then apply the marinade which consist of Apple Cider, Yoshida Gourmet marinade, Allegro, Mojo, and Worchestershire sauce. Use about 1/4-1/2 the bottle of the Apple Cider (regular 64oz size), about 1/2 cup Yoshida, 1/4 Allegro (Hickory Smoke), I just apply Mojo until I think its enough, and the same with Worchestershire Sauce. Let that sit overnight turning the ribs in the juice a few time during the night. Before you cook it put them out so they can get room temp and when you light the grill don't let the heat be tooooo hot. I usually let them sear and char a little then apply BBQ sauce.

BBQ Sauce
I use the Kraft Molasses, Hickory Smioke, and Emeril's Kicked Up BBQ sauce. I add a little mustard and sugar to taste heat a little then brush on ribs and place back on grill for 3-5 minutes.

EDIT: The sides are brought by others or just come from Publix (next best thing to home cooked)

Beer Can Chicken, Skirt steak and polish sausage. Generator and Direct TV. Keg of Amber Bock

phunwin said:
Apple cider? Sounds good to me. I'll give that a try. Thanks for the tip. That's fair payment for stealing my recipe. ;)

No problem. You gotta try it its good stuff. I swear by it.

BringBackShula said:
Wusup With The Sausage Stuffed Ribs??!

Maybe this will tide you over in the meantime...

Sausage Stuffed Pork Loin with Butchers Sauce
By Chef Kurt Fleischfresser

(Serves 4)
1⁄2 pound Bar-S Sausage, peeled and scored
2 pounds Pork Loin
Salt and pepper to taste
3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1⁄2 each Yellow onion, diced
2 Tbsp. Shawnee Mills Flour
1 each Tomato, seeded and diced
2 cups Water
2 Tbsp. Griffin’s mustard
1⁄2 Cup Dill Pickle Relish
2 Tsp. Dried Chopped Parsley
2 Tbsp. Head Country Barbeque Sauce

Using a long thin blade, cut off the tail of the pork loin so it is the same thickness from end to end. Make two cuts from end to end in the shape of an X. Peel and lightly score the sausage (trim smaller if necessary) and insert into the pork tenderloin. The sausage needs to be about an inch shorter than the tenderloin. Season with salt and pepper and sear in a hot skillet with oil until brown on all sides. Once brown, transfer to a pie tin and put in the oven at 300 degrees and continue cooking until completely done. For the sauce, saute the onion in the olive oil in a medium-high skillet. When the onions start to brown, add the flour and continue to cook until the flour is golden. Add the tomato and water, and cook until the sauce is thick and bubbly. Just before serving, add the mustard, relish and parsley. Remove the loin from the oven, and let rest for at least five minutes. Slice the loin and put on a plate with the sauce over or under the slices. Serve with your favorite starch and vegetable

BBQ Chicken Nachos!!! (Idea from Bugaboo Creek Resturant)

Big bag of Tortillia chips
2 1/2 cups of Bulls Eye BBQ sauce
1 Brick Chedder cheese (Velveeta will work too, just not my kinda thing)
1 tomato (diced)
1 dozen large Jalapenos
1 small bonless/skinless chicken brest

Ok, so here's the deal.. You bake the chicken in the oven until done.. Then shred it, and let cool.. Put the whole bag of chips on a large plate and sprinkle shreded cheese on top. Placed cooled and choped chicken in 2 cups of the BBQ sauce and pour over the chips. You can pour more or less BBQ sauce if you want. Put in oven for about 10 mins until everything is nice and hot, cheese is melted. Then take out of oven and put on Jalapenos and Tomatos and serve.. Talk about mouth watering... I think I'll make some now..

BringBackShula said:
Sounds really good...Except for the out of control hemrroids after you eat it all...
:roflmao:

No, really it's not that bad as long as you make sure that you are using seeded peppers.

Back
Top Bottom