Best Dolphin Tailgating recipe.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Dolphin Tailgating recipe....

marino2duper73

Active Roster
Reaction score
What is your best Tailgating food for outside the stadium, or the backyard, on gameday ?

Here in Idaho at my house every Sunday, I have 10-15 fans and friends over for Garlic and Sausagestuffed ribs, Kabobs, and plenty of beer.....:wink:

marino2duper73 said:
What is your best Tailgating food for outside the stadium, or the backyard, on gameday ?

Here in Idaho at my house every Sunday, I have 10-15 fans and friends over for Garlic and Sausagestuffed ribs, Kabobs, and plenty of beer.....:wink:

Sounds delicious! I usually go with some Brauts or sauages. Was at the San Diego game one year and the people next to us were eating eating Sushi and Patt'e.

My Vote For Best New Thread in A Long..Long..time

marino2duper73 said:

Mmmmm...food......mmmmmm...beer.

I have been trying to perfect my own version of the Hooters Chicken Wings as of late...and I'm coming close....

And at least 4 pints of Guiness.....mmmmmmmmmmm.

By the way..your ribs recipe sounds awsome...mind sharing?

this is a great thread, i just moved to orlando, from patriot country and trust me it sucks seeing a game in foxboro in the snow, i cant wait to get to some fins games and do some real tail gating, anyone have any good warm weather recipies, ii got the feeling chilli isnt gonna cut it here...

marino2duper73 said:

campbells chili...mmm mmm delicious

claytonAndDuper said:
this is a great thread, i just moved to orlando, from patriot country and trust me it sucks seeing a game in foxboro in the snow, i cant wait to get to some fins games and do some real tail gating, anyone have any good warm weather recipies, ii got the feeling chilli isnt gonna cut it here...

Chili is good anywhere!

zweigels white hots and abbotts frozen custard - garbage plate after the game

I usually make either quesadillas "applebees style" chicken, bacon, pico and mex-blend cheese, and a real good layer dip, cream cheese, hormel chili, and jalepeno jack cheese, and nuke that f-er and its all good.

Honey BBQ wings, nacho's with my own velveta cheese sauce, sausage and pepper sandwiches, and a butt load of smirnoff ice

Bubba Burgers....steaks soaked in Dale's marinade....kielbasa with vidalia onions cooked in beer and butter.....and Coronas...:drool:

Country style Ribs dry rubbed with garlic and everglades seasoning with a ginger BBQ dipping sauce.

And plenty of ice cold Corona

dolfanrodney said:
Honey BBQ wings, nacho's with my own velveta cheese sauce, sausage and pepper sandwiches, and a butt load of smirnoff ice

that sounded good till you added smirnoff ice... I dont think "smirnoff" and football were meant to go together, haha.

corona, heineken, red stripe, ill even give you bud/miller domestic piss, but smirnoff ICE?? it just doesnt sound right.

oh yea, burgers n beer, DAMN i cant wait till football season starts again :D

Amin

Best...thread....ever.

My dad and stepmom bought me a gas-powered deep fryer for my birthday. So this year, I'll be deep frying chicken or turkey for the games. Might even bring along some Anchor Bar wing sauce and make Buffalo chicken sandwiches.

Pulled pork is good, and you can do most of the prep work at home. Get some pork butt, stick it in a crock pot with a little beef broth and vinegar and cook on low for about 10 hours. You should be able to pull it apart with a fork at that point. Mix it up with some hot sauce or BBQ sauce (whatever your taste) and put it in a container (probably one of those aluminum cafeteria style ones) for the game. Reheat it, perhaps on a grill, and serve on a bun. For Carolina-style, throw some coleslaw on top.

If you have a grill, ribs are a great way to go, if you have the time. Here's my recipe:

Prep them the night before (btw, if you have a Sam's Club in your area, you can get excellent meat for dirt-cheap prices. I highly recommend it.) by cutting off the membrane (for those who don't know, it's the white skin-like thing on the back of the ribs, and it's a pain in the @$$, but it will make your ribs more tender for getting rid of it), rubbing some vinegar on them and then giving them a dry rub. I use Cajun seasoning, paprika, mustard seed, brown sugar, pepper, cayenne pepper and chili powder, but I also like mine pretty spicy. If you want a sweeter rub, use maple syrup or honey instead of vinegar, add cinammon and use more brown sugar. Wrap the ribs in plastic wrap and leave them in the fridge overnight.

The next morning, move them from the plastic wrap to some alumnium foil. Bring some liquid smoke with you to the game, and if you like, some BBQ sauce. Throw a little (not too much, it's strong stuff) liquid smoke on the ribs before putting them on the grill, in the aluminum foil. Get the grill so it's on low heat.

Throw that stuff on the grill in the foil, and let it cook for about an hour. The foil keeps the ribs from charring on the outside and helps to hold some juices in. Check periodically; it's done when the meat has receded from the bones (again, this will usually take an hour on low heat, but your grill may vary). Throw the BBQ sauce on both sides if desired and let it cook for another 10 min or so to let the sauce bake on.

Serve with beans, cornbread and a case of Labatt Blue.

Bon appetit.

marino2duper73 said:

woah, woah...."sausage-stuffed ribs??! How do you stuff sausage in ribs? Actually, I think I'll be looking for you on game days...Really though, how do you make that?

Back
Top Bottom