Best Dolphins team of the last 30 years? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Dolphins team of the last 30 years?

the thread is essentially asking which 90's Dolphins' team was the best. outside of 2002 and maybe 2003, there wasn't a lot in the 00's. the 10's were an eyesore, by and large.
The 10s were were just ruderless. Everybody had a plan, but the main part of the plan just involved patching over things. This new plan involves a total rebuild, and therein lies my optimism.

You need to have at least add 8 years more to your range before anyone speaks of a "best" dolphin team, almost like describing the best kick in gonads received, just doesn't make sense.......The last 30 have been embarrassing.

That 2002 team could of won a championship. It's unbelievable that they didn't even make the playoffs after being the 1 seed with 2 weeks left in the season.

That 2002 team could of won a championship. It's unbelievable that they didn't even make the playoffs after being the 1 seed with 2 weeks left in the season.
The fact that they couldn’t win even one out of two of the final games (against non-playoff teams) indicates to me that the team was way too soft to win a championship. They’d have been lucky to have gotten out of the wildcard round had they lucked into the playoffs (and gotten pounded in the divisional round as was par for the course for them).

Those early 2000 teams had fatal issues at QB and coach and the defense, while good, was not good enough (and hardly great). Ricky was the only one who played well enough that season to deserve a championship.

You need to have at least add 8 years more to your range before anyone speaks of a "best" dolphin team, almost like describing the best kick in gonads received, just doesn't make sense.......The last 30 have been embarrassing.
I didn’t say pick the great teams of the last 30 years— I said the “best” teams. Even if none were great, some were definitely better than others.

And those early 90s teams were legitimate contenders by any standard.

Back
Top Bottom