Best DW moves. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best DW moves.

Marc790 said:
With all the negatives about DW, there were also some goods. Perhaps someone else can contribute instead of constantly whining about his negative moves.

Draft picks:

Chris Chambers

Randy McMichael

Tony Bua

Trades:

Ricky Williams

Junior Seau

Free agents:
Jay Fiedler (let’s admit it, after the 62-7 debacle and retirement of Marino, he was the best that happened to Miami)

Lamar Smith

Releases:

Darrell Gardener

In addition:

Draft:
Todd Wade
Morlon Green
Wade Smith, bad soph. year
Roundtree
Y. Bell
McKinney

UnDrafted FA's:
B. Yates, should have kept
Special team ace, got hurt and cut last year.
Banks
Jenkins

FA's:
Kendell Newson
Chester
Jay Williams
S. Knight
Todd Perry, I liked him
J. Nails
Zgonina
d. boston DE
D. Thompson
Romero

Spielman's picks in Wanny last year:

Draft:
Bua
Poole
Pope
Hadnot
Carey

FA's
James
McIntosh
AJ Feely
Boston
Booker
Gilmore
St. Clair
S. Morris
Welker

I actually think Speilman's group will be the core of our team for years to come.

Marc790 said:
With all the negatives about DW, there were also some goods. Perhaps someone else can contribute instead of constantly whining about his negative moves.

Draft picks:

Chris Chambers

Randy McMichael

Tony Bua

Trades:

Ricky Williams

Junior Seau

Free agents:
Jay Fiedler (let’s admit it, after the 62-7 debacle and retirement of Marino, he was the best that happened to Miami)

Lamar Smith

Releases:

Darrell Gardener
not far off as far as a list goes. I'll be one of the few that will agree with you on Jay, he was a good move to pickup that first year, but he became a mistake when wanny didn't draft drew brees. I'll also agree with the Ricky thing, no one could know that would turn out the way it did, (well some coach in LA...) and hindsight is 20/20. It was a good move then, but a bad move in retrospect. :fire:

MDFINFAN said:
In addition:

Draft:
Todd Wade
Morlon Green
Wade Smith, bad soph. year
Roundtree
Y. Bell
McKinney

UnDrafted FA's:
B. Yates, should have kept
Special team ace, got hurt and cut last year.
Banks
Jenkins

FA's:
Kendell Newson
Chester
Jay Williams
S. Knight
Todd Perry, I liked him
J. Nails
Zgonina
d. boston DE
D. Thompson
Romero

Spielman's picks in Wanny last year:

Draft:
Bua
Poole
Pope
Hadnot
Carey

FA's
James
McIntosh
AJ Feely
Boston
Booker
Gilmore
St. Clair
S. Morris
Welker

I actually think Speilman's group will be the core of our team for years to come.

Are these supposed to be good moves? You pretty much listed our whole 4-12 team. Congrats!

As for Wanny I'd say he's brought two very good players to this team. Chambers and McMichael. Out of 5 years. Saban can't do any worse.

Wildbill3 said:
not far off as far as a list goes. I'll be one of the few that will agree with you on Jay, he was a good move to pickup that first year, but he became a mistake when wanny didn't draft drew brees. I'll also agree with the Ricky thing, no one could know that would turn out the way it did, (well some coach in LA...) and hindsight is 20/20. It was a good move then, but a bad move in retrospect. :fire:

Ricky cost 2 draft picks. with either of those 2 draft picks we could of picked up a RB just as goot as williams! and also someone else like a QB to replace fiedler

Marc790 said:

Draft picks:

Chris Chambers

Randy McMichael

Tony Bua

Trades:

Ricky Williams

Junior Seau

Free agents:

Lamar Smith

Releases:

Darrell Gardener

Dude dont ever post again....this is just stupid. wanny didnt draft bua for one thing. Furthermore he didnt even finish the season...and he never started. so we got 2 f'n players in what 5 years???? wtf.....dont give the guy credit for that!!!!!!!!! That is TERRIBLE DRAFTING.... and the Ricky Williams deal was NOT a good deal. I loved the guy, but there was NO market for him....the saints HAD to trade him, and we gave away the farm.....take your bs to some saints boards, or go root for the bengals or something!

Chambers and McMichael were Speilman as well.......He alienated Ricky into retirement, this was a guy that needed to be handled with kids gloves. Wanny drove him further away.

Back
Top Bottom