Best For Last: Is Dolphins Head Coach The Nfl's Worst Job? | The Herd 01/10/2019 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best For Last: Is Dolphins Head Coach The Nfl's Worst Job? | The Herd 01/10/2019

If they hire Richard, I think they’ll get the last laugh. This cycle so some horrific HC hires IMO as all the teams tried to chase that McVay fever... the only real solid hire IMO was TB with Arians and maybe Fangio. Maybe one of these guys like LaFleur or Kitchens will surprise, but I doubt it... I’d expect most of these coaches to be fired by 2022.

If they hire Richard, I think they’ll get the last laugh. This cycle so some horrific HC hires IMO as all the teams tried to chase that McVay fever... the only real solid hire IMO was TB with Arians and maybe Fangio. Maybe one of these guys like LaFleur or Kitchens will surprise, but I doubt it... I’d expect most of these coaches to be fired by 2022.

Adam Gase over Mike McCarthy. JETS ftw!

I agree with him about the current situation of the phins is somewhat overshadowed by our sucessful history.
This team is whack from top to bottom and their nothing we can do about it except "just suck it up".
But I'll keep rooting them no matter what because I'm stupid.

being too shitty to keep a job at ESPN doesn't exactly make you a winner

while Cowherd is a huge d-bag I can't completely disagree with him.

conversely if you cherry pick a different stat you see: 69 wins for Cleveland in the last 15 years and 103 for Miami

and 2 playoff appearances to 0 for Cleveland

Colin has the ability to say a lot of words and still say absolutely nothing. I got nothing out of this.

We're dysfunctional, but practically nobody is going to pass up a chance to be an NFL HC. I don't care about the instability because these guys deserved to be fired. If anything, we've kept some of these coaches too long, specifically Sparano and Philbin when we gave them a lame duck year. We hire the wrong guys. And all the guys poorly handled the QB position. It's that simple.

The woman is too much of a lightweight. I never watch that type of show but they only work when the two principals are near equal in caliber and debate ability. That woman was such a dip she contradicted Cowherd and had no idea she did it. He spent quite a time of time arguing that all the pressure is on the Rams to win and then she matter of factly said all the pressure was on the Cowboys. If that had been a guy who Cowherd respected then he would have jumped all over him with the "are you crazy?" type of stuff. But because he knows she is a lightweight filler he just left it alone and changed the subject.

I didn't mind anything he said about the Dolphins. The make-believe PR videos from the Dolphins should have been much better although the second one was decent.

Perfect still frame they chose for Ryan Tannehill. He had that trademark blank expression. As in, just point me somewhere and tell me what to do.

While I understand the down side of the Dolphins job(lack of premier players on roster), there is this:
When new coaches come in, they tend to re-build a team in the image they want. A coach coming in here pretty much can start from scratch and build the team the way he wants from the bottom up. He can go looking for his own QB. He can find the guys he wants and easily jettison the junk. There is a little bit more talent here than advertised, but I think part of the appeal with this job is that the new coach won't be saddled with big contracts with guys that may not fit his vision. When Jimmy Johnson came here, he rebuilt the defense entirely. A new coach will want to do the same on both sides of the ball. It does stink we don't have more draft picks and don't pick super high, but with some deals we can add a few here and there, hopefully pick the RIGHT guys. As good a job as Jimmy did picking defense, he did miss on a lot of picks, especially on offense.

Which is it, Miami is the worst job in the league hence the opening still, or teams are rushing to hire coaches and don’t need to?

I do is the stench of TBag is still in the building and some coaches run away.
Also the Harbaugh factor will he or won't he

The woman is too much of a lightweight. I never watch that type of show but they only work when the two principals are near equal in caliber and debate ability. That woman was such a dip she contradicted Cowherd and had no idea she did it. He spent quite a time of time arguing that all the pressure is on the Rams to win and then she matter of factly said all the pressure was on the Cowboys. If that had been a guy who Cowherd respected then he would have jumped all over him with the "are you crazy?" type of stuff. But because he knows she is a lightweight filler he just left it alone and changed the subject.

I didn't mind anything he said about the Dolphins. The make-believe PR videos from the Dolphins should have been much better although the second one was decent.

Perfect still frame they chose for Ryan Tannehill. He had that trademark blank expression. As in, just point me somewhere and tell me what to do.
You do know who that woman is right?

Back
Top Bottom