Best Free Agent Signing Ever | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Free Agent Signing Ever

Look im younger than most here and certainly didn't see the old schools team. But it seems clear that this is the answer:

BuUnpUsCcAAG_vL.jpg

The guys going in the damn honour roll and might have had hall of fame numbers if he had started as a rookie

As for the OP, why shouldn't CFL count? They went out and found him and if I remember right competed against several other teams to sign him.... how is that different? Cam Wake is the best free agent this team ever signed, if that doesn't fit specific rules? change the rules lol

Gadsden was a fantastic signing for basically nothing.
Marion was a great get.

Jimmy Johnson definitely had an eye for talent..both in FA and the draft...it just never came together at the same time.

Uh, defensive talent perhaps but on offense he was hideous for the most part. Passing on Moss for John Avery almost unforgivable. He also believed he had traded the wrong guy in Steve Walsh in keeping Aikman. Too many examples to mention. The Fred Barnett UFA signing was actually good until he got hurt and was never the same.

Uh, defensive talent perhaps but on offense he was hideous for the most part. Passing on Moss for John Avery almost unforgivable. He also believed he had traded the wrong guy in Steve Walsh in keeping Aikman. Too many examples to mention. The Fred Barnett UFA signing was actually good until he got hurt and was never the same.

Trying to basically force a ball control offense onto Dan Marino was the epitome of square peg into round hole. It made no sense.

Fryar and Armstrong were trades.
Oronde wasn't such a FA signing like I was thinking, in that he fulfilled his time with another team and then was signed in free agency. He was more of a street free agent I believe.
Parmalee also a street free agent. Delvin Williams might have been a trade with San Fran- plus he was prior to the advent of free agency in 1992. He was 1978 or so.

I too would say Wake, I think he qualifies given that he signed and was released by the NY Giants before going to the CFL.

But he doesn't fit the classic sense of a FA.

Irving Fryar probably get's my vote.

Trace Armstrong was solid too and helped Jason Taylor develop for sure.

Well may be dating myself here but I will give you 3, Langer, Kooch., and Manny Fernandez, all 3 where undrafted free agents, my mistake Langer and Kooch where drafted but cut before signing as free agents, also forgot about garo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom