Best Non-Dolphins fan Poster Voting | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Non-Dolphins fan Poster Voting

Best Non-Dolphins Fan Poster Voting

• nyjunc (New York Jets)

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • WhiteShoeWille (New York Jets)

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • JT-forpresident (Montreal Canadiens)

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • DaBills4life (Buffalo Bills)

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
JT, you're an insightful and articulate poster (If English is your second language I'm all the more impressed). I miss your Jake analyses last season and thought you should have been recognized then for those in depth contributions).

HOWEVER, the above is blasphemy!!!!!!! There's no getting around it! It transforms what should have been a no-brainer into more of a conundrum. Let me sleep on this for a few days. In the meantime if you care to retract your above priority statement, that renouncement would go far in removing any of my lingering cognitive dissonance .:up:

And shouldn't it be "JT for Prime Minister" ???:confused::confused:

My mother was born in france and my father is scottish... so i grew up learning both languages (lucky basterd, eyyh !? :lol: )

I miss doing those jake long analysis ... i, myself, enjoyed a lot watching tape of him and discover what kind of player he was/might become (because i didn't really watch michigan games, so i didn't know much about the guy)

... but i don't have the time now to do them (mainly because i started my masters degree, and my part time job as a bartender ... )
and besides... there's no point in doing them now IMO, he's proven to everyone that he's a franchise LT ... :hump:

as for the horror post i made :lol: i'll put it that way... i've been a habs fan since 1992, and i've been a dolphins fan since 2002... i never did, and never will, root for anyone else than the dolphins in the nfl, but i'm still a more hardcore habs fan, and it was mainly the point i was trying to make ...

sincerely hoping you understand, and forgive me :lol: :hi5:

as for the horror post i made :lol: i'll put it that way... i've been a habs fan since 1992, and i've been a dolphins fan since 2002... i never did, and never will, root for anyone else than the dolphins in the nfl, but i'm still a more hardcore habs fan, and it was mainly the point i was trying to make ...

sincerely hoping you understand, and forgive me :lol: :hi5:

I know I feel better now ... :lol:

This is one of the tougher ones I'm wrestling with. On one hand NO damn opposing team's fan is as good as our own bilingual hockey puck. So in that regard it's a no-brainer.

However, is this really the intent of the category? I know the description has changed from last year's "enemy poster" to be more inclusive and sidestep having to vote for someone not a Fins fan. Still I'm questioning the true intent this should be.

To DaBills credit, unless we're playing Toronto, he rarely interjects himself into discussions that don't concern him on the main board, and even then doesn't go out of his way to run down our FO and player icons or our illustrious legacy. So those are pluses.

I actually nominated White Shoes Willie and find that while a homer not shy about bringing it, especially when the topic involves defending the Jest, he's reasonably reasonable and doesn't parse and rewrite history spinning like a whirling dervish. He's a good low-profile poster who doesn't get the recognition he should. And this would be an apt award for him.

JT for pres is a terrific, long-respected poster who did some great Jake evaluative work last year for which he never got recognized. But he's not up for anything Fins, unfortunately. Although it would be easy and satisfying to give him the vote, is it really appropriate for me since I don't really follow hockey, although having actually sat in Al Arbor's box a few times, (but that's another story). Consequently I don't read or gage JT's non-Fins posts aside from the lounge. So is it really fair for me to vote for him lacking this? Hmmmm.

Anybody who wants to weigh in with their opinion on the above, I'd welcome hearing it before casting the vote.

That is ridiculous, he's a dolphin fan. This is a dolphin forum. So I guess on our board i could win best non-Jet fan b/c I am also a huge yankee and UNC basketball fan?

I appreciate being nominated and it doesn't matter if I win or not but it's a little silly to have a best non-dolphin poster category and have a dolphin fan nominated.

I voted for JT. You know you have a point Junc, but this is a perfect opportunity to troll the troll, so here's to hoping you don't repeat.

This is one of the tougher ones I'm wrestling with. On one hand NO damn opposing team's fan is as good as our own bilingual hockey puck. So in that regard it's a no-brainer.

However, is this really the intent of the category? I know the description has changed from last year's "enemy poster" to be more inclusive and sidestep having to vote for someone not a Fins fan. Still I'm questioning the true intent this should be.

To DaBills credit, unless we're playing Toronto, he rarely interjects himself into discussions that don't concern him on the main board, and even then doesn't go out of his way to run down our FO and player icons or our illustrious legacy. So those are pluses.

I actually nominated White Shoes Willie and find that while a homer not shy about bringing it, especially when the topic involves defending the Jest, he's reasonably reasonable and doesn't parse and rewrite history spinning like a whirling dervish. He's a good low-profile poster who doesn't get the recognition he should. And this would be an apt award for him.

JT for pres is a terrific, long-respected poster who did some great Jake evaluative work last year for which he never got recognized. But he's not up for anything Fins, unfortunately. Although it would be easy and satisfying to give him the vote, is it really appropriate for me since I don't really follow hockey, although having actually sat in Al Arbor's box a few times, (but that's another story). Consequently I don't read or gage JT's non-Fins posts aside from the lounge. So is it really fair for me to vote for him lacking this? Hmmmm.

Anybody who wants to weigh in with their opinion on the above, I'd welcome hearing it before casting the vote.

thanks for the praise vaark :)

b.t.w. ... trilingual ... yo hablas POQUITO espanol , comprendar mejor que habla ... right ? :lol:

you shouldn't bother yourself with all that stuff vaark... besides, nyjunc will create 30 accounts and vote for him, so i have no legitimate shot at winning :lol:

thanks for the praise vaark :)

de nada

b.t.w. ... trilingual ... yo hablas POQUITO espanol , comprendar mejor que habla ... right ? :lol:

si or oui.. votre choice

you shouldn't bother yourself with all that stuff vaark... besides, nyjunc will create 30 accounts and vote for him, so i have no legitimate shot at winning :lol:

OMI Tout le monde a un tir parfait pour cela. Il aurait été un verrou pour lui cependant s'il s'agissait d'un troll "de l'année», hein?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom