Best Offense in the AFCE | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Offense in the AFCE

Who has the best O

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Losman7 said:
So you don't think the Pats will miss a beat? They've lost alot this offseason.

Did you know that the BB never had a 1000 yd Rb or WR before Weis? Or that he only had 1 winning record before Weis and Crennel?

Probably not since there weren't many Pats fans before 2001.

no fans before 2001? pats have been selling out since the 94 season. its been over a decade (with no end in site) of consecutive sellouts.way to do your homework

again,bb has grown as a coach since his days in cle and clearly is a better at the position from learning from his mistakes. weis was good,not great.he had his play calling ability taking from him by parcells but for some strange reason you dont bring it up.hhhmmm, could it be you dont bring it up because it doesnt support your weak arguement??? im sure weis has learned from his mistakes and has gotten better to,but you not bringing up the big struggles he had in his past like they didnt happen is comical. defensive game plans were drawn up by bb not romeo, all the bltz packages were actually drawn up by mangini. romeo had a solid timing for calling the right play at the right time,but the defensive plans were drawn up by bb.

about not doing things like a 1000 yard receiver/runner without weis in cle is such a ******ED question because over the years in foxboro there top receivers usually AVERAGED around the 750-850 yard totals(with the rare 1000 receiving year with brown,its not like he had 1500 yards,and the same with the rb's until dillon got there and he was already one of the best.) in cle he couldnt draft who he wanted and these players couldnt execute his plan the way he wanted.im willing to bet that bb also looks at players and evaluates them differently then his days in cle(again,growing as a coach and learning for the better.) i bet anything they first look for smarts and diversity over how fast a certain player can run/jump ect.., your fascinated with the 1000 yard total for some reason. whats wrong with having 2-3 receivers with 650-750 yards a piece?

you should be stripped from your posting rights the same way weis got stripped from his play calling abilities from parcells.

Losman7 said:
So you don't think the Pats will miss a beat? They've lost alot this offseason.

Did you know that the BB never had a 1000 yd Rb or WR before Weis? Or that he only had 1 winning record before Weis and Crennel?

Probably not since there weren't many Pats fans before 2001.

There were no Bills fans before 1994. I know it. It's true. I read it on some forum somewhere and it is definately fact.

THERE WERE NO BILLS FANS BEFORE 1994. EVERYONE AFTER ARE ALL BANDWAGON FAKE FANS.

Fact.

3TIMESsbCHAMPS said:
mcgahee only avaged 3.97 ypc. it was averaged off to 4.00 ypc(4.00 ypc is stll not great) that is not great. im sure mcgahee was very close to 100 percent last year or else he would not have gotten as many carries that he did in that short time if he was 80 something percent healthy.

about the weis thing,many pat fans think he is/was an ok play caller. with weis they only had 1 guy get over 1000 yards receiving and that was brown(he barely made it).and before corey.d came to n.e it was only a.smith who BARELY rushed for over 1000 yards. weis was not bringing magic. in fact you do realize over the last few years(ESPECIALLY LAST YEAR) that brady has been calling a lot of his own plays dont you? with high positive results i might add.

and dont deny belichecks coaching ability,he already was a big part of the giants sb's winners(being the dc and all),and lets be honest here,those giants teams won those superbowl's with defense and we all know who the dc was(again BB). and bb control in cleveland was almost non existent.and you do realize that ppl get better at things dont you? bb is a much better headcoach then he was in cle from the way he coaches to the way he deals with ppl and you factor in that bb has much more control in n.e then he did in cle. its clear as day that he has grown at the position(head coach) for the better and has learned from his mistakes(this is so over the top obvious).

im sure much of the same playook that was there last year will be there again this year.brady and rest of them were the ones who had to actually literally execute the play and make c_h_i_t happen. weis was not out there throwing the ball and running the routes.

as for the bills,mcgahee is going to have to really up his ypc total if he is going to be considered one of the best because is was just p_i_s_s poor. henry had better years then that.but of course mcgahee does have upside/potential and you got evans who looks like he is going to tough to deal with and of course moulds. but i think loserman is going to be a huge bottleneck for that team.jp is a NOBODY.and as much as i think that drew is slightly above mediocre he did still throw for 20 td's last year.i got this feeling that jp is going to be tucking it in a lot and taking off down the field without giving the play a chance to develop.
i see jp as mike mcmahon part 2.he runs fast but got a qb IQ like corkey.

when it comes to talent at wideout,it looks like the bills might be at the top,but again,i think jp will hold them back. when it comes to wideouts with huge INTANGIBLES and can make a BIG catch when needed the most,even in huge pressure situations (playoffs /superbowls)that is without a doubt the group of receivers in pats land(cant even be debated).dillion ran for over 1600+ yards in 14 games really(he missed the entire pitt game,and there was 2 other games were he missed the entire second half of both games with injuries totaling to 2 missed games).if corey didnt miss 2 games he would have easily ran for the most yards in the league.he already led the league in ypc.

pats
jets
bills/miami tied

Are you ****ing kidding me. Your QB is Tom Brady, the king of nobodies. How could you even type that? Seriously. He turned out to be a good QB, but he was a sixth round pick. Had Bledsoe not gotten hurt he would have never seen the field, its not as if Belichick would have put him in the game EVER.

I can't believe you, a Pats fan, would say a QB is going to be bad because hes a nobody. Priceless.

3TIMESsbCHAMPS said:
no fans before 2001? pats have been selling out since the 94 season. its been over a decade (with no end in site) of consecutive sellouts.way to do your homework

again,bb has grown as a coach since his days in cle and clearly is a better at the position from learning from his mistakes. weis was good,not great.he had his play calling ability taking from him by parcells but for some strange reason you dont bring it up.hhhmmm, could it be you dont bring it up because it doesnt support your weak arguement??? im sure weis has learned from his mistakes and has gotten better to,but you not bringing up the big struggles he had in his past like they didnt happen is comical. defensive game plans were drawn up by bb not romeo, all the bltz packages were actually drawn up by mangini. romeo had a solid timing for calling the right play at the right time,but the defensive plans were drawn up by bb.

about not doing things like a 1000 yard receiver/runner without weis in cle is such a ******ED question because over the years in foxboro there top receivers usually AVERAGED around the 750-850 yard totals(with the rare 1000 receiving year with brown,its not like he had 1500 yards,and the same with the rb's until dillon got there and he was already one of the best.) in cle he couldnt draft who he wanted and these players couldnt execute his plan the way he wanted.im willing to bet that bb also looks at players and evaluates them differently then his days in cle(again,growing as a coach and learning for the better.) i bet anything they first look for smarts and diversity over how fast a certain player can run/jump ect.., your fascinated with the 1000 yard total for some reason. whats wrong with having 2-3 receivers with 650-750 yards a piece?

you should be stripped from your posting rights the same way weis got stripped from his play calling abilities from parcells.

Of course there are Pats fans in NE. but I've lived in OH for 12 years and I have never seen a Pats jersey or hats until they started winning. And I'm sure its the same everywhere.

So either they are bandwagon fans or they were ashamed (or didn't care) of there team before they started winning. Either way its lame.

Losman7 said:
Your QB is Tom Brady, the king of nobodies.

Brilliant!

Congrats on the awesome typing. I can see how a 3-time Super Bowl champion, 2-time Super Bowl MVP is the "king of nobodies."

Let me guess the next statement... "Dan Marino wasn't any good. He was overrated."

Come on, this is great. Show us all your amazing football knowledge.

Dirtywater said:
Brilliant!

Congrats on the awesome typing. I can see how a 3-time Super Bowl champion, 2-time Super Bowl MVP is the "king of nobodies."

Let me guess the next statement... "Dan Marino wasn't any good. He was overrated."

I think Losman7 meant that he was unknown, the king of the unknown, not that he isn't good.

Basically you can't judge a players outcome based on hype.

Dirtywater said:
Brilliant!

So you're telling me that, before he became the starter (like Losman) he was a world famous NFL prospect.

He was a 6th FREAKING ROUNDER! Maybe if you had any reading comprehension skills you'ed have got that from my post.

Wagon Circler said:
I think Losman7 meant that he was unknown, the king of the unknown, not that he isn't good.

Basically you can't judge a players outcome based on hype.

Wagon, I think you know that I think you're a good poster, but anyone who touts the b.s. line that there were not Pats fans before '01 is a jackass, plain and simple. Heck for years I went to games and tailgated with die-hard fans before they were the kings of the NFL.

That line is a crutch used to say that there a lot of fans who came to the table (i.e. soccer moms and punk *** teens) after they won. You know what? That will happen anywhere in the NFL after you've 3 out of the last 4.

That statement takes you right out of the lines of a respectable poster.

Losman7 said:
So you're telling me that, before he became the starter (like Losman) he was a world famous NFL prospect.

He was a 6th FREAKING ROUNDER! Maybe if you had any reading comprehension skills you'ed have got that from my post.

Thanks man, your critique is awesome. Please insult me some more with your brilliant lines. I know what you're getting at. It's the line before that that has me riled up. Read my post above. The Brady-nobies was a cheap shot post by me taking a line out of context. Misplaced anger. Sorry.

MAybe you're from New England, maybe you have real fans there. but when the Pats fans around here don't even know what that logo in your avatar is, it screams bandwagon.

Trust me, I watched games at a bar on Sunday for years, never a Pats fan, then...boom Brady Jerseys everywhere.

Losman7 said:
MAybe you're from New England, maybe you have real fans there. but when the Pats fans around here don't even know what that logo in your avatar is, it screams bandwagon.

Trust me, I watched games at a bar on Sunday for years, never a Pats fan, then...boom Brady Jerseys everywhere.

OK, do you think your logic is a bit skewed? Your judging the Pats fanbase based on fans in Buffalo?!?! Why would that surprise you? And who cares that they wear Brady jerseys. It hasn't exactly been easy to be a Pats fans over the years, neevermind in enemy territory. And spare me the "nobody wore jerseys" line. Even during the Parcells era no one wore a Bledsoe or Martin? I doubt that.

We've had plenty of history over the years. Hannah, Morgan, Grogan, etc.. Do you see me disrespecting the Bills on this board? You guys went to 4 straight and lost 4 straight. Yet, I for one can see the glory in that regardless of the losses. Heck when I interviewed Kelly about it the passion in his eyes alone made me respect the Bills. I understand that you guys are football fans period. Whether they started rooting in the Kemp, Kelly or Losman era. Who cares when they decided to watch?

Dirtywater said:
OK, do you think your logic is a bit skewed? Your judging the Pats fanbase based on fans in Buffalo?!?! Why would that surprise you. And who cares that they wear Brady jerseys. It hasn't exactly been easy to be a Pats fans over the years, neevermind in enemy territory. And spare me the "nobody wore jerseys" line. Even during the Parcells era noone wore a Bledsoe or Martin? I doubt that.

We've had plenty of history over the years. Hannah, Morgan, Grogan, etc.. Do you see me disrespecting the Bills on this board? You guys went to 4 straight and lost 4 straight. Yet, I for one can see the glory in that regardless of the losses. Heck when I interviewed Kelly about it the passion in his eyes alone made me respect the Bills. I understand that you guys are football fans period. Whether they started rooting in the Kemp, Kelly or Losman era. Who cares when they decided to watch?

Fair Enough. But will they still be Pats fans when you aren't on top. I highly doubt it.

Losman7 said:
Fair Enough. But will they still be Pats fans when you aren't on top. I highly doubt it.

Who cares? I am refering to your statement that there were not fans prior to '01. That is a joke. Teams that win will always gain and lose fans with their current wins. Please don't take this as an insult, but if your team had won instead of lost during those years, the same would have applied to you.

It's a fact of life, not region. Learn it and understand.

Dirtywater said:
Who cares? I am refering to your statement that there were not fans prior to '01. That is a joke. Teams that win will always gain and lose fans with their current wins. Please don't take this as an insult, but if your team had won instead of lost during those years, the same would have applied to you.

It's a fact of life, not region. Learn it and understand.

My mother is actually a pats fan from Boston. She screams real annoyingly during the games no matter where she is, our house, the sports bar, or at a game. It's taken me a long time to get used to the Pats being on top. Makes watching bills/pats games very difficult for me, like I made it difficult for her in the '90's.

This doesn't really have anything to do with the subject, I just felt I would share.

As for fairweather fans, they are a necessary evil. There will always be people routing for the winning team and there is not much you can do about it. The biggest problem I have with it is all the pats logos in my face. :lol:

Wagon Circler said:
As for fairweather fans, they are a necessary evil. There will always be people routing for the winning team and there is not much you can do about it. The biggest problem I have with it is all the pats logos in my face. :lol:

And that is both fair and to be expected. Those kind of feelings should come out cause your a rival fan. It's the statements like before that make me mad, but Losman7 did retract it in sorts, so he is all good again. :D

Back
Top Bottom