Best Offseasons in the AFCE......so far | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Offseasons in the AFCE......so far

Mike13

I am a golden god
Reaction score
1) Miami - I'm not bieng biased, Miami has hade a very good offseason Saban has done everything right.

2) New England - They haven't made any blockbuster deals but they got their priorities striaght. They had a good draft and they got Duane Starksand they added Wr depth, they had a good draft as well.

3) Bills - eh......well they have had a decent offseason, thier draft was O.K and they haven't been that active in FA, but the players they did get were either good or decent.

4) Jets - They got rid of Moss, Becht, Cowart, Ferguson, and Jordan.
They traded away thir 1st round pick for a mediocre TE, and they signed a crappy, injury prone QB(who will remain nameless).

There is no way that the Pats are #2. They had a questionable draft and they really didnt upgrade any position in FA.

1.Phins
2.Jets
3.Pats
4.Bills

I have to agree the Pats really didnt light it up this offseason, but they didnt have too, they have a ton of returning talent.

1. Miami (but we also had the most work to do)
2. NE (how can you have a bad offseason just cause you didnt have alot to fix)
3. Bills (not too active in FA but a good draft and good returning nucleus.
4. Jets (again, they just can not seam to figure out there really isnt an offseason. And giving up a #1 for a TE with a low skill set? I did like their 2nd round pickup- he will be a great kicker and they really needed help at that position)

1. Miami. Not too much of a surprise here. Tons of holes to fill, high draft picks. If you guys didn't have the best offseason that would have been a huge problem.

2. Everyone else. Nobody went crazy or lost very much. Ranking the three other teams is a moot issue.

1) Miami- Great pick in Brown. Ricky is back????? But most impact is Wanny is gone

2) Jets- Got the CB Miller they were going to darft at 26 anyway along with a very good Kicker and a good established TE. Also gaot rid of HAckett and replaced him with a more passing friendly OC in Heimerdinger

3) Bills- not a great offseason but better than the PAts

4) NE- lost Law, Weiss, and Romeo.....Can BB hold it together???

OutsideObserver said:
1) Miami- Great pick in Brown. Ricky is back????? But most impact is Wanny is gone

2) Jets- Got the CB Miller they were going to darft at 26 anyway along with a very good Kicker and a good established TE. Also gaot rid of HAckett and replaced him with a more passing friendly OC in Heimerdinger

3) Bills- not a great offseason but better than the PAts

4) NE- lost Law, Weiss, and Romeo.....Can BB hold it together???

Trading for him was a questionable move, he not as good as Becht was, They should have kept thier pick to get Heath Miller. I don't see how he has established himself, what were his stats last year? Heimerdinger was a good pick up.

PatsSuck456 said:
Trading for him was a questionable move, he not as good as Becht was, They should have kept thier pick to get Heath Miller. I don't see how he has established himself, what were his stats last year? Heimerdinger was a good pick up.
He's a MUCH better receiving TE and that's why they got him, we have a good blocker in Becht.

We have had an outstanding offseason. We didn't overpay for playeres who weren't worth it, we got better at WR, better at TE, MUCH better OC, replaced a good backup RB w/ another good backup RB, we have a RT ready to replace Kareem, we have a healthy John Abe back, we have a new K who should be better, we had a good draft. We didn't have as much room to go up as Miami but we improved. Hopefully it was enough to catch and/or pass NE who should take a step back.

nyjunc said:
He's a MUCH better receiving TE and that's why they got him, we have a good blocker in Becht.

We have had an outstanding offseason. We didn't overpay for playeres who weren't worth it, we got better at WR, better at TE, MUCH better OC, replaced a good backup RB w/ another good backup RB, we have a RT ready to replace Kareem, we have a healthy John Abe back, we have a new K who should be better, we had a good draft. We didn't have as much room to go up as Miami but we improved. Hopefully it was enough to catch and/or pass NE who should take a step back.

You don't mind that you lost Santana Moss who IMO is better than Coles? (thats not meant to take anything away from Coles he's a hell of a reciever). You also lost all those other guys I mentioned, they were all good, I would be upset if I was a Jets fan.

PatsSuck456 said:
You don't mind that you lost Santana Moss who IMO is better than Coles? (thats not meant to take anything away from Coles he's a hell of a reciever). You also lost all those other guys I mentioned, they were all good, I would be upset if I was a Jets fan.
Santana Moss is NOT better than Coles, Santana is a better deep threat but he's nowhere near Coles as an all around WR. Santana has had 1 good, complete year and he's not half as tough as Coles. I like Moss and when he plays hard he's very good but he takes plays off and always has nagging little injuris to slow him down. Coles is better than Moss w/o a doubt.

You can't judge off-seasons like this.

Miami had the more needs than the other 3 teams who all had winning records, to compare them has no logic. Obviously Miami had to do more because they had less to start with.

Back
Top Bottom