Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
The nominations are in. This award is for the person you feel was the best poster in the Political/War Forum. Who do you think brought the best opinions in 2017 ?

The finalists are
Skape
Buddy
Phins4ever
TheWalrus
Aquabob

This vote will end friday Feb 23rd at 5 PM

Breaking News!

According to a new dossier released by PNN, the Penguin News Network, The Walrus has been photographed having young Russian boys urinate on him. Sick, Mr. Walrus, sick indeed!

23814902724_393426d3a7_b.jpg

Labor unions ... Pro or con?

discuss.

Neither pro nor con, it's entirely up to the workers to decide if they are better off organizing or remaining unorganized. The government should play little to no role in influencing people to organize or not to organize. The government should protect workers right to organize but the influence should be minimal.

Neither pro nor con, it's entirely up to the workers to decide if they are better off organizing or remaining unorganized. The government should play little to no role in influencing people to organize or not to organize. The government should protect workers right to organize but the influence should be minimal.
That's a quality non-answer. :laugh Well played.

Curious though, are you personally in favor of labor unions?

That's a quality non-answer. :laugh Well played.

Curious though, are you personally in favor of labor unions?
As a general rule, no I'm not in favor of them. In most circumstances, I see them as an unnecessary layer of red tape and bloat. If a company needs a union to keep it in line then the company needs a change in leadership or needs to be forced out of business. Unions served a vital role at one time in our country but that role has diminished quite a bit. They still do good at times but are also an albatross at times. Like I said, a well managed company shouldn't need a union to value its employees and to pay them and treat them properly. With all of that being said, I wouldn't be opposed to my employees being unionized and I definitely don't advocate any laws that make it difficult to organize but I wouldn't encourage it either. In most labor disputes, I see the merit of both sides but tend to lean toward management more often than not. Then again, I have been a salaried manager since I got out of the Army in 1998 so my perspective is jaded as well.

As a general rule, no I'm not in favor of them. In most circumstances, I see them as an unnecessary layer of red tape and bloat. If a company needs a union to keep it in line then the company needs a change in leadership or needs to be forced out of business. Unions served a vital role at one time in our country but that role has diminished quite a bit. They still do good at times but are also an albatross at times. Like I said, a well managed company shouldn't need a union to value its employees and to pay them and treat them properly. With all of that being said, I wouldn't be opposed to my employees being unionized and I definitely don't advocate any laws that make it difficult to organize but I wouldn't encourage it either. In most labor disputes, I see the merit of both sides but tend to lean toward management more often than not. Then again, I have been a salaried manager since I got out of the Army in 1998 so my perspective is jaded as well.
Aaaaaaaand, Buddy loses Bump's vote. :laugh

WV Teachers Union is likely to go on strike in the next week or so.

Aaaaaaaand, Buddy loses Bump's vote. :laugh

WV Teachers Union is likely to go on strike in the next week or so.

I wish y'all the best with that. It's sad that it has to come to that to get a reasonable working agreement but it is what it is. It goes back to what I said earlier though, management that requires a union to take care of its workers should be replaced. Get your ballot ready!

You can tell I'm not a politician, I didn't lie to get your vote. I knew you were in the teacher's union and eyeing a strike. Either way, I hope you get what you are looking for and don't get arrested... No Drunken Protesting!

That's about how I picture it except I doubt he's sober enough to stand up that straight. FWIW, all they need to do to break the strike is install a Kegerator in the teachers lounge. Bump would be at work even on his days off.

It would be like hunting over a baited field! It wouldn't even be fair.

153697_th1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom