Best possible draft the Phins could have | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best possible draft the Phins could have

WvFinFan

Starter
Reaction score
Lets face it guys. The 2nd for Surtain this year prolly wont happen. I say we shoot for a 1st from KC next year. They figure they are gonna win the SB with a good D so they shouldnt feel like they are giving up to much.
Anyway about this year. We should try to trade down for two later 1st's but that prolly wont happen. So lets try to settle for an early 1st and early 2nd, any still in the top 10. Then try to trade that for a mid 1st and mid 2nd. That would give us 4 picks on day one. So here goes.
Day 1
1st 1) S Thomas Davis or LB Shawn Merriman
2nd 2) JJ Arington or Ciatrick Fason (Arrington hopefully)
2nd 3) Chris Henry or Roddy White
3rd 4) Adrian Mcpherson (he could be an MVP type player) or if we dont take
Davis in round 1 then i would be happy with S Josh Bullocks or even ILB
Barret Rudd

Then in round 4 you might have to look at Courtney Roby if we havent taken care of WR yet and if we can acquire a 6th rounder i think we should take a chance on Isaac West out of Furman. Also on Day 2 we should take a look at DE and DT.

henry and roddy white are going to go second round and arrington is not gonna be a second round pick id rather have marion barber who could be the 4th bst back in this draft and has the potential to carry the load

Dolfan4life34 said:
henry and roddy white are going to go second round and arrington is not gonna be a second round pick id rather have marion barber who could be the 4th bst back in this draft and has the potential to carry the load

Thats why i have us choosing them in the 2nd round. With the trades i have us having two 2nd rounders with which we take a RB and WR, either order really.

i thought so at first but the weight and height and speed he has and the things he did at college have definatly made him the etter canidate and he definatly has more nfl potential than fason plus they are saying roddy white could sneak into the bottom of the first round to the eagles so i dont think wed have a chance at him

you mentioned thomas davis.

with the attention that we have given him in private workouts and pro days, I would not in the least bit suprised, or disappointed, if we were to get him on draft day if we are able to trade down.

finsnchips said:

with the attention that we have given him in private workouts and pro days, I would not in the least bit suprised, or disappointed, if we were to get him on draft day if we are able to trade down.

Hey bro, I actually didnt know we were really looking at him or giving him attention. Do you know if we went to his pro-day or scheduled him for an individual workout?

kastofsna120 said:
what's with all the overhyping of mcpherson?
good workout. Look at Clarrett, he had his private workout and suddenly there are threads saying that we should draft him and how is gna be a steal.

same can be said for ronnie brown... at the end of the season benson was considered the best back, then caddie had a great senior bowl.

suddenly ronnie runs a '4.32' in the combine, and everyone says he is gonna be a great back, altho prior to that he never got any publicity.

I aint cussing Ronnie, I had him pegged as the best pro prospect RB in the draft for a while. I saw a bit of auburn last year, and his size and speed make him the perfect fit for the nfl. I hope we draft him tbh.

WvFinFan said:
Hey bro, I actually didnt know we were really looking at him or giving him attention. Do you know if we went to his pro-day or scheduled him for an individual workout?
I believe that Saban was present at his pro day and that he was there in person when we worked him out as well.

Just stuff that I've read on here from Boomer - he made a point of saying that Saban had spent some time with Davis. He is a big, strong, hard hitting FS.

BocaHighQB said:
Fason has by far assured himself the #4 spot IMO.

How so? Barber was highly effective in college and had stronger workouts than Fason. How is it that Fason has ASSURED himself the #4 spot?

finsnchips said:
I believe that Saban was present at his pro day and that he was there in person when we worked him out as well.

Just stuff that I've read on here from Boomer - he made a point of saying that Saban had spent some time with Davis. He is a big, strong, hard hitting FS.

I don't get it. Why do people always assume that he should play FS? He isn't as good in coverage as Taylor and Roy Williams(even he isn't that great at that). The guy should be a SS, especially now that Shazor looks like he's moving to WLB.

finsnchips said:

Why I would be surprised to see Davis be the pick in this scenario is that his best position is SS, and we got Jones to play that spot. There are other positions of greater need that it is unlikely Davis will stand out as the unquestioned best player available at that point. We could get Davis and move Jones to FS I guess, but that isn't his best spot and the idea when we got him was to move him back to SS.

If we got Davis he'd have to play FS, but if we're going to be playing the SS closer to the box this year, it would be ideal for us to have a cover FS like Brodney Pool not Thomas Davis.

Back
Top Bottom