Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
The nominations are in and finalists set. This award is for the person you feel contributed the best quality, originality, informative posts and/or something that made you fell they are deserving of the award for 2017. The poster must have been active in our main football forum. Five terrific finalist . You decide who wins this prestigious award

The finalists
Wanny
KDawg
Digital

Hoops
Albert

This vote will end friday Feb 23rd at 5 PM

Sons of Shula hands down should be the poster of the year, no matter how long he was with us.

And I hated him for the most part, FYI...

But respected the hell out his x's and o'....

But I guess we're stuck with the same popularity contest per usual.

I wonder if the Mods know almost 75% of the posters roll their eyes every year when they nominate all of their friends for the annual awards.

But its all good, maybe if we posted 50000 times per day, blew all the Mods, and donated all the $$$$ we made in real life.....

We, the people, could then get a fair shake at an unsolicited, untainted set of nominees....

Until that day, I shall refrain from participating in a rigged election.....

How about we just do a new category?

Most in the bag mod, I would def have a few names to cast then....

Until then FH, peace out, oh and to all the sour grapes, please feel free to come back at me....

Because....

The ghost of Sons of Shula shall haunt you for evermore.....

Sons of Shula hands down should be the poster of the year, no matter how long he was with us.

I wonder if the Mods know almost 75% of the posters roll their eyes every year when they nominate all of their friends for the annual awards.

But its all good, maybe if we posted 50000 times per day, blew all the Mods, and donated all the $$$$ we made in real life.....

We, the people, could then get a fair shake at an unsolicited, untainted set of nominees....

Until then FH, peace out, oh and to all the sour grapes, please feel free to come back at me....

Because....

I didn't see you or anybody else nominate SoS.

And talking about sour grapes.

Because....

giphy.gif

Because....

Bro you were around when the nominations were taking place, but you decided not to nominate SOS and complain about it later. We don't need to take anything away from these brothers that were nominated and are great contributors to the site.

Last edited:
Very nice. Shula was a friend of mine and always participated in awards winning 2 badges himself. I will however present your offer to blow the mods to the staff for consideration :)

Now we have that out of the way, We have 5 excellent members nominated. Posts here should be about them or they will be deleted.

Who's your choice for Best Poster of the year ?

Dude, the nominations were public. Everyone was able to nominate three people. I'm personally a little bit sad that one of my favorite posters didn't make the finalist cut, but the nomination process was completely transparent and open for participation to everyone.

I'd also add that you praise Sons of Shula for offering in-depth football analysis, a sentiment that I fully agree with. So instead of complaining about the mods and everyone else, perhaps try to emulate that in-depth football perspective with some posts of your own? The last page in your post history if full of stuff like this: https://finheaven.com/posts/7531241/ and this: https://finheaven.com/posts/7561481/

Perhaps instead of throwing stones at everyone else on the board, maybe look at your own glass house first?

I voted for Kdawg, for what it's worth.

Really great set of posters this year.

@J. David Wannyheimer has been one of my favourite posters on the site for years, I always enjoy reading his content on the forums and in chat.

@Kdawg954 is another really strong all-around poster. We haven't agreed very often in recent years, but I always respect his opinion.

Really glad to see @Digital nominated. I believe that I have nominated and voted for him in past awards and its great to see someone who perhaps keeps a lower profile than some other members nominated for the biggest award. Another really good poster.

I went for @Albert Romano in the end. I have thought Albert is one of the best posters on the site for a long time and I really enjoyed reading his posts last year. (I also agree with him a lot!) Again, maybe not one of the most high profile names in our strange little community, but more than worthy of his nomination.

Well said . Albert and Kdawg are the tops in my book. Digital was terrific and Hoops was really good as well. Any would be a great choice.
That's what makes it hard.

Let's look at the facts
This is from the time of the software change
http://finheaven.com/members/?type=likes
For you stats guys that's like he threw for 50 TD's last season. Unbelievable.

Wanny really stepped it up last year and was best . It's not even close according to the stats. The membership confirmed what i already suspected
He gets my vote

Nominations were open to the public, if you didn’t participate then it’s your own fault. Second, banned members are not eligible for nomination. Why? Because If they are banned they are not a member in good standing and we will not reward people who cannot follow the tos.

It’s an honor just to be even be named with the some of the others that make the site what it is. I agree with Fish that Wanny, who I always thought a really good poster took it to even another level this year with the sheer volume of quality posts. He also took the lead in the after game thread discussions we talked about doing...as well.

Because....

1260710343244.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom