Best potential receivers' room since? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best potential receivers' room since?

I think this is the most talent we've had at receiver/TE position in quite some time.

Waddle, Fuller, Parker, Williams, Gesicki, and Long. Speed, size, and versatility. Jaylen is special and I'm really excited for Fuller who I believe will be a great fit w/ Tua as long he stays on the field.

We may just finally have ourselves some real playmakers, boys.
What a turnaround in talent at wide receiver in one offseason.

I think Miami went from bottom third in the league to top third.

Last edited:
When it comes to playmakers I always think about the Clayton/Duper days. A bit later than that we had Fryar and Mcduffie. It's been a long time since we had more than one guy that could really make plays outside.
Jackson at tight end was nice. If Long fulfills his potential, this could be the best group of tight ends Miami has had. At least in terms of pass catching.

Well Waddle did have a broken foot for most of last year, so he'll fit right in next to Fuller, Parker, and Williams.

I kid... it will be sick to see the speed that Waddle and Fuller brings. Teams won't be able to crash safeties down on us like last year.

Well Waddle did have a broken foot for most of last year, so he'll fit right in next to Fuller, Parker, and Williams.

I kid... it will be sick to see the speed that Waddle and Fuller brings. Teams won't be able to crash safeties down on us like last year.
@mods is there any way we can get an eye roll reaction?

After the Marks Bros departed in '92, we opened the next year with:

Irving Fryar
Mark Ingram
O.J. McDuffie
Tony Martin
Keith Jackson (TE)

That was a pretty formidable group of pass catchers.
Tony Martin dropped a lot of balls.

I think this is the most talent we've had at receiver/TE position in quite some time.

Waddle, Fuller, Parker, Williams, Gesicki, and Long. Speed, size, and versatility. Jaylen is special and I'm really excited for Fuller who I believe will be a great fit w/ Tua as long he stays on the field.

It's been a loooonnnngggg time! I'm thinking maybe when Chris Chambers and Orande was here with Randy McMicheal?

I dont really disagree. But with their injury history, we really have one WR (Parker and Fuller), a great (hopefully) rookie Waddell, a young guy with injury history (Williams), and a room full of guys that may be receivers 4-6 rather than 1-3.
Maybe I am being too pesimistic.

Mark Duper, Mark Clayton, Nat Moore
Throw in a Jimmy Ceffalo, Crash Jensen, and three TEs. That's best WR room in Dolphin History. Tony Nathan was also the best receiving back at the time. Or one of the best.

Think it’s all about health with him. If he ends his first three seasons on IR, that’s a pretty bad sign and someone you probably don’t want to count on going forward.
Seeing that Williams will now be a reserve instead of a starter I would say the odds of him getting injured are greatly decreased. I like the idea of him playing mostly as Parker's stand in, between the two of them someone should be fully healthy and ready to go each week. A healthy Parker, Fuller and Waddle trio looks good, but a Williams, Fuller, Waddle trio from time to time wouldn't be bad either.

Back
Top Bottom