Best potential receivers' room since? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best potential receivers' room since?

After the Marks Bros departed in '92, we opened the next year with:

Irving Fryar
Mark Ingram
O.J. McDuffie
Tony Martin
Keith Jackson (TE)

That was a pretty formidable group of pass catchers.
When did we have Fred Barnett and his reconstructed knee? I recall Marino hitting him on some nice long ones a few times. Ingram had 4 TDs in the fake spike game LOL.

"Best receiver room since?"

.... I landed in Hawaii and got lei'ed. THAT was a nice receiving room. Aloha-hahaHA! Ahhh that familiar sound of grass skirts hitting the floor .... magical.

preston williams was an UDFA that has been starting for us for the past 2 seasons (when he has been healthy).

he's just coming into his 3rd season in the league.

he was the best player on the field that first half of the Arizona game (prior to the injury).

you are saying he has to "put it all together" and "show out" this season or he needs to be cut?

Yea that’s exactly what I’m saying. He’s been in the league for two years, couldn’t stay healthy either year, and drops a lot of balls. So yes, if he has another season where he plays half the games and puts up a whopping 300 receding yards he should be gone.

Yea that’s exactly what I’m saying. He’s been in the league for two years, couldn’t stay healthy either year, and drops a lot of balls. So yes, if he has another season where he plays half the games and puts up a whopping 300 receding yards he should be gone.
couldn't disagree with ya more!

i could name you 25-30 guys on our 53 man roster that would go before Williams, regardless of what his injury situation is next season.

Davone Bess the guy who was undrafted and slow as hell? He's great b/c he played in Hawaii and has the same birthday as me. Best route runner, hands and quickness!
Sad story about him developing serious mental illness (paranoid schizophrenia?) after he left us for the Brownies.

I guess being on the Browns IS that bad.

After the Marks Bros departed in '92, we opened the next year with:

Irving Fryar
Mark Ingram
O.J. McDuffie
Tony Martin
Keith Jackson (TE)

That was a pretty formidable group of pass catchers.
The 2021 group is a potentially better group

couldn't disagree with ya more!

i could name you 25-30 guys on our 53 man roster that would go before Williams, regardless of what his injury situation is next season.

For once I actually disagree with you.

I don't think Williams is even particularly good when healthy. He's a lot of potential that has yet to do anything and you can't roster that forever.

For once I actually disagree with you.

I don't think Williams is even particularly good when healthy. He's a lot of potential that has yet to do anything and you can't roster that forever.
It's all good!

we will continue to learn about him this year :)

Back
Top Bottom