Best QB class | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best QB class

That is what he calls ESPN+. The subscription service at ESPN.com that gets you insider articles. He is trying to be funny... I give it a 6 out of 10 joke wise but they are full of ****
That spelling of of espn started years ago. It started when they were downsizing and got rid of the smart sports guys and kept the shock jock types like Stephen A. They became BSPN or TMZ of sports. Only thing ESPN does worth a crap anymore is the actual live games.

So sort of off topic, whenever I see Marino’s name I just hear the sizzle from the velocity in which he threw.

Sssssssss…..POP!

I will contest this until I die but there will never be a total QB package like him again.

Eyes, footwork, arm strength, release, mastery of an offense, accuracy (60% career completion percentage in an era where you could smack QBs and play physical with WRs) , anticipation and guts all top 2/3 for the position ever and I do not say that lightly.
Only 1 guy had a better QBR than Marino when he retired - Montana 92 to 89 or so. Obviously those QBRs aren’t good now but back then they were HOF. 60% comp was very high to your point for that era and also for a QB who pushed the ball down the field as much as he did

BSPN just put this up but I can't read it because I'm not a BSPN+ subscriber but is there any debate of who the best class was. 1983, enough said.
It is actually not best class. It is which draft had the best 1-2 combo. 83 was still #1 with Marino/Elway. It was a misleading headline really.

BSPN just put this up but I can't read it because I'm not a BSPN+ subscriber but is there any debate of who the best class was. 1983, enough said.
It's early I like how Tua is looking, don't want to get ahead of ourselves. Let's see how this season finishes out. I think Tua will keep getting better, but this 2020 could end up like the 1983 and 2004 qb class, where all 3 qbs end up being great or franchise qbs

We did get the best 1 even if people do not want to admit it. Accuracy is way more important than really anything else. You cant win without accuracy, I dont care how strong your arm is. lol We just need to keep him healthy and not let the DL take free shots on him.

sorry but the 83 class had 3 HOF QB's and Eason went to a SB.....O'Brien was pretty good too......the 2020 has a long way to go before they can be in that conversation .....we need to keep in mind that the NFL has made everything they can to make it a QB friendly game now. When Marino,Elway and Kelly did it things were not as easy for QB's to put up high numbers.

Oh agreed. They absolutely have a long way to go.

But I believe the potential is there.

This can be re visited maybe 7-10 years from now.

We did get the best 1 even if people do not want to admit it. Accuracy is way more important than really anything else. You cant win without accuracy, I dont care how strong your arm is. lol We just need to keep him healthy and not let the DL take free shots on him.

Rich Eisen said it best on that 45 yard bomb to Waddle.

That's an MVP throw. Well its an MVP throw if your names not Tua.

He's 200% right. He was throwing shade at all the people criticizing his deep throws

Rich Eisen said it best on that 45 yard bomb to Waddle.

That's an MVP throw. Well its an MVP throw if your names not Tua.

He's 200% right. He was throwing shade at all the people criticizing his deep throws
The worst part about all the Tua hate is if he is an MVP candidate and actually deserves to win, he might not because of the Tua hate.

That is what he calls ESPN+. The subscription service at ESPN.com that gets you insider articles. He is trying to be funny... I give it a 6 out of 10 joke wise but they are full of ****
Ah...was hoping no one would be that cringey.

The 2020 QB class has a long ways to go before they can be mentioned with the 1983 class. Talking like this after just 2+ years is ridiculous. Let's give them 10-12 years until we start to consider anointing them as the best QB class ever.

The 2004 draft class has to be up there too. Big Ben is a future HOF, Rivers has the stats for the HOF and Eli Manning is a super bowl MVP with some of the greatest super bowl match ups and super bowl plays of all time.

IMO its....

1.) 1983 draft class
2.) 2004 Draft class - But one could argue the 2004 draft is better because they have 4 super bowl wins between 2 QB's. Big Ben and Eli Manning have also never loss a super bowl game.

The 2004 draft class has to be up there too. Big Ben is a future HOF, Rivers has the stats for the HOF and Eli Manning is a super bowl MVP with some of the greatest super bowl match ups and super bowl plays of all time.

IMO its....

1.) 1983 draft class
2.) 2004 Draft class - But one could argue the 2004 draft is better because they have 4 super bowl wins between 2 QB's. Big Ben and Eli Manning have also never loss a super bowl game.
No you cant, you will never be able to compare any future QB's to the 1983 draft class because of the rule changes and the fact passing is soooooo much easier. If Brady and Rogers played in the 80's and 90's, they would be dead by now.

Back
Top Bottom