Best RB in the AFCE | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best RB in the AFCE

NYJ EcKo151 said:
Regretfully, the Jets were WORSE.:shakeno:.

It was probably the same thing, the Bills got a TD in garbage time.

Washington - 71 Rushes - 346 Yards - 2 TDs
Barlow - 79 Rushes - 236 Yards - 5 TDs
Blaylock - 25 Rushes - 44 Yards - 0 TDs
Smith - 9 Rushes - 46 Yards - 0 TDs
Askew - 4 Rushes - 10 Yards - 0 TDs
Houston - 14 Rushes - 59 Yards - 1 TDs
Jets Running Backs - 202 Rushes - 741 Yards - 8 TDs

Brown - 122 Rushes - 464 Yards - 4 TDs
Morris - 8 Rushes - 12 Yards - 0 TDs
Suggs - 6 Rushes - 26 Yards - 0 TDs
Miami Running Backs - 136 Rushes - 502 Yards - 4 TDs

Gotta love it. :D

Has the "Willis McGahee is an elite back" talk finally stopped? Nearly all of the backs that were expected to be better than McGahee have passed him by.

He isn't 1st in the league in rushing any more. He is 10th. Brown is 20th. When you add up the rushing and receiving numbers, McGahee has an 11 yard advantage. Brown has the advantage in TDs 4 to 1.

Given Brown's versatility and better blocking, I give him the edge.

BTW, McGahee isn't the best recent graduate from the U either. He is behind Frank Gore.

Gore has done it for half a season...McGahee had 1100+ and 13 TDs yards 2 seasons ago on 11 starts and 1200+ with 5 TDs last season. And this season he'll probably have another 1200 plus.

Not saying Gore can't be better, but at least let Gore prove himself rather than like 10 games while McGahee has done it for 2 seasons and a half...

He's not elite, but that wasn't the argument, he's the best RB in the division.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Has the "Willis McGahee is an elite back" talk finally stopped? Nearly all of the backs that were expected to be better than McGahee have passed him by.
He was No. 1 in the league in rushing up until a few weeks ago, and was No. 1 in the AFC for a couple of weeks after that.

I can't believe you have the balls to talk considering what an absolute nonfactor Ronnie Brown is. This guy couldn't rush for more than 60 yards in a game, yet you think he's LaDanian Tomlinson.

Give it a rest. McGahee is a feature back that can carry the ball 25+ times a game and Ronnie Brown is the equivalent of a third-down back. Don't give me the line excuse either, Buffalo's line is awful too.

There is no "Is Willis a Bust?" talk on any Bills boards, yet half the fans on this site think he sucks. But according to you, he is fantastic. But, you're the same guy who said that Daunte Culpepper is a better QB than Jim Kelly, so your reputation as an enormous homer is well deserved.

Last edited by a moderator:
B-LO said:
He was No. 1 in the league in rushing up until a few weeks ago, and was No. 1 in the AFC for a couple of weeks after that.

I can't believe you have the balls to talk considering what an absolute nonfactor Ronnie Brown is. This guy couldn't rush for more than 60 yards in a game, yet you think he's LaDanian Tomlinson.

Give it a rest. McGahee is a feature back that can carry the ball 25+ times a game and Ronnie Brown is the equivalent of a third-down back. Don't give me the line excuse either, Buffalo's line is awful too.

There is no "Is Willis a Bust?" talk on any Bills boards, yet half the fans on this site think he sucks. But according to you, he is fantastic. But, you're the same guy who said that Daunte Culpepper is a better QB than Jim Kelly, so your reputation as an enormous homer is well deserved.

WAS leading in rushing. The operative word is WAS.

McGahee has 11 more yards from scrimmage and three fewer TDs. You can have the 11 yards, I'll take the TDs.

When will Bills fans realize that they did not get the "steal" of the draft that Donahoe sold them on?

There are many, many posts on Billszone claiming that McGahee is not an elite back.

I never said Brown was any more than better than McGahee.

Brown has rushed for more than 60 yards in a game.

Do you have anything other than lies to base an argument on?

NYJ EcKo151 said:
Gore has done it for half a season...McGahee had 1100+ and 13 TDs yards 2 seasons ago on 11 starts and 1200+ with 5 TDs last season. And this season he'll probably have another 1200 plus.

Not saying Gore can't be better, but at least let Gore prove himself rather than like 10 games while McGahee has done it for 2 seasons and a half...

He's not elite, but that wasn't the argument, he's the best RB in the division.

Gore averaged 4.9 YPC last season and is averaging 5.1 YPC this season. McGahee is lucky to average that in a game.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I never said Brown was any more than better than McGahee.
Given Brown's versatility and better blocking, I give him the edge.
That's pretty much saying you'd take Brown over McGahee, which means you think he's better.

Gore averaged 4.9 YPC last season and is averaging 5.1 YPC this season. McGahee is lucky to average that in a game.
LOL. I'm not doubting Gore at all. I'm just saying it's pretty hard to take a guy who has a grand total of what? 10 starts in the NFL? Over a guy who has been very good for 2 seasons and a half...Let Gore keep doing what he's doing and he'll pass Willis. Plenty of upside with Gore no doubt.

I just don't understand your hatred towards McGahee...It's one thing to hate Brady, Rodney Harrison, etc. etc. But damn, you have it out for Willis like crazy.

Ah well.

NYJ EcKo151 said:
That's pretty much saying you'd take Brown over McGahee, which means you think he's better.

You missed my point. B-LO resorts to idiotic claims when trying to make an argument. Just because I think Brown is better than McGahee, B-LO makes the statement that I think Brown is better than LT. I merely pointed out that I only said he was better than McGahee, no other claims were made.

NYJ EcKo151 said:
LOL. I'm not doubting Gore at all. I'm just saying it's pretty hard to take a guy who has a grand total of what? 10 starts in the NFL? Over a guy who has been very good for 2 seasons and a half...Let Gore keep doing what he's doing and he'll pass Willis. Plenty of upside with Gore no doubt.

I'd be fine with that argument if McGahee had put up good numbers so far, but he has averaged less than 4 YPC in his career.

NYJ EcKo151 said:
I just don't understand your hatred towards McGahee...It's one thing to hate Brady, Rodney Harrison, etc. etc. But damn, you have it out for Willis like crazy.

Ah well.

I think Brown is better than McGahee. McGahee is overrated by Bills fans and (especially) by himself. If he were as good as he thinks, he would be an elite back.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
You missed my point. B-LO resorts to idiotic claims when trying to make an argument. Just because I think Brown is better than McGahee, B-LO makes the statement that I think Brown is better than LT. I merely pointed out that I only said he was better than McGahee, no other claims were made.

I think Brown is better than McGahee. McGahee is overrated by Bills fans and (especially) by himself. If he were as good as he thinks, he would be an elite back.
This is hysterical. These quotes in bold come from a guy who:
1) said that Daunte Culpepper was better than any QB in Bills history
2) said that Ronnie Brown was a better RB than Willis McGahee, Curtis Martin, Corey Dillon, and Lawrence Maroney
3) and then sticks to his moronic proclamation despite the fact that Brown, by far, has shown and proved the least out of all these backs.

McGahee, Martin, Dillon, and Maroney have all proven that they can put a team -- and a game -- on their shoulders. Ronnie Brown is a TOTAL NONFACTOR. Right now, he is a poor man's Kevin Barlow.

B-LO said:
2) said that Ronnie Brown was a better RB than Lawrence Maroney

McGahee, Martin, Dillon, and Maroney have all proven that they can put a team -- and a game -- .
Same thing I said to FinInBuff about Frank Gore...

Ronnie Brown right now is better than Maroney, he's accomplished more than Maroney, while Maroney has been pretty good, 7 games is hardly enough to say he's better than Ronnie Brown.

Maroney hasn't proven he can put a team, and game on his shoulders...He had a great game against Cincinatti 125 yards on 15 carries. But then followed that with 38 yards on 18 carries against New Orleans...

Good RB no doubt, and could very well be on his way to be a Top back in the NFL, but he hasn't proven he can carry a team nor prove he's better than Brown.

The argument was never about Bills fans and or McGahee overrating himself...It was just the best RB in the division, and that he is. Simple as that. He isn't elite, but that doesn't take away the fact he's a good RB and best in the division.

B-LO said:
This is hysterical. These quotes in bold come from a guy who:
1) said that Daunte Culpepper was better than any QB in Bills history
2) said that Ronnie Brown was a better RB than Willis McGahee, Curtis Martin, Corey Dillon, and Lawrence Maroney
3) and then sticks to his moronic proclamation despite the fact that Brown, by far, has shown and proved the least out of all these backs.

McGahee, Martin, Dillon, and Maroney have all proven that they can put a team -- and a game -- on their shoulders. Ronnie Brown is a TOTAL NONFACTOR. Right now, he is a poor man's Kevin Barlow.

McGahee has proven he can carry a team???? WTF. Are you a comedy writer? HE HAS ONE TOUCHDOWN THIS SEASON. How is that CARRYING a team?

He has EXACTLY the same YPC as Brown. Brown has more rushing yards than Dillon and Maroney.

NYJ EcKo151 said:
The argument was never about Bills fans and or McGahee overrating himself...It was just the best RB in the division, and that he is. Simple as that. He isn't elite, but that doesn't take away the fact he's a good RB and best in the division.

Based on what evidence? His career YPC is LOWER than Brown's. Brown is a much better receiver and a much better blocker, and a team player.

You seem to want to rate RB's purely on the number of carries they have gotten.

Back
Top Bottom