Best RB in the draft and would you take him? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best RB in the draft and would you take him?

I think Swift is probably the best. Might be available with Miami's last first rounder. I'm a big fan of Dillon's as well. Power back who can move the chains. He might make it to the 3rd round.

I suspect you will see RBBC and pass rush by committee on the Dolphins. You have to find a way to juggle the salary cap so it makes sense. Having the highest paid back or highest paid pass rusher down the line— when you still also have to pay the guy who plays the most important position in sports—really chokes your cap.

I don’t know who the best RBs are but RBs don’t win you anything any more so no.

I think Jonathon Taylor is the best back. I would look at him if he's dropping in the draft.

Chubba Hubbard would be a nice mid round pick.

RB needs to be addressed in FA. Maybe Ekler, Gordon or Henry. I rather over pay than over draft with that position

There really are some dynamite RB's in this draft, and no doubt Swift is among those at the top of the list. I wouldn't draft a RB until at least the 3rd round probably, and honestly, not this year at all before the 5th. But, there's one guy who I just can't stop drooling over--Travis Etienne. He can pass protect, catch, make yardage after the catch, grind power play, and displays good speed to break long gainers. He seems to be able to do everything well, and could really be a true bell-cow back, despite those being rare these days. If anyone gets Etienne or Swift in the 3rd round, they're getting a steal.

I just think our 2020 draft is year 1 of a 2 year rebuild, and you want your RB to come at the end of that rebuild because their instantly ready and you get their best years immediately. Their shelf lives tend to be much shorter either from injuries or inflated 2nd contracts. IMHO, we're probably not re-signing a RB to a 2nd contract using the Patriots offense, so I'm expecting RB to be kinda overlooked this offseason and not adding one before the 5th round until 2021.

I'd take the best RB available in the mid rounds. About the only RBs that I can remember being worth their draft position in the first round are Elliot, AP, and CMAC. Other than that you can't really tell the difference between first round RBs and the others on the stat sheet. You can find plenty of guys who can get you 4 YPC and elite RBs that are flat out better than the others are hard to find.

There really are some dynamite RB's in this draft, and no doubt Swift is among those at the top of the list. I wouldn't draft a RB until at least the 3rd round probably, and honestly, not this year at all before the 5th. But, there's one guy who I just can't stop drooling over--Travis Etienne. He can pass protect, catch, make yardage after the catch, grind power play, and displays good speed to break long gainers. He seems to be able to do everything well, and could really be a true bell-cow back, despite those being rare these days. If anyone gets Etienne or Swift in the 3rd round, they're getting a steal.

I just think our 2020 draft is year 1 of a 2 year rebuild, and you want your RB to come at the end of that rebuild because their instantly ready and you get their best years immediately. Their shelf lives tend to be much shorter either from injuries or inflated 2nd contracts. IMHO, we're probably not re-signing a RB to a 2nd contract using the Patriots offense, so I'm expecting RB to be kinda overlooked this offseason and not adding one before the 5th round until 2021.

I don't claim to scout college too much since I rarely get to watch CFB Saturday but I took note of Etienne yesterday. He has the tools and he produces. There are some similarities between him and Ezekiel. When you're talking top RB these days, guys who can run and pass catch are the real difference makers.

Not even remotely interested in a running back before the 4th round.

Back
Top Bottom