Best receiving set? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best receiving set?

1. Pats by far. I don't know about Stallworth going to whole year uninjured, but look how much production he got out of McNabb last year. Now Tom Brady is throwing him the ball. Same with Randy Moss. He was productive in '05, and in '06 he had a carousel of ****ty QBs surrounding him. Plus now we have Welker in to replace Troy Brown (who I think is a better short yardage receiver than Brown was in his prime). Ben Watson was the biggest threat we had last year and if all goes well (no injuries to Moss and Stallworth) he won't see double or triple coverage anymore. Not to mention, Maroney is capable of catching the ball out of the backfield.

2. Bills. I agree with the poster who said (as of right now) Evans is the best receiver in the league. He had a great year last season. Roscoe Parrish looks promising too. I don't know much about Marshawn Lynch though.

3. Fins. I actually think that Ted Ginn Jr. is going to pan out at receiver for them. And, I'm in the minority (after seeing Beck's videos on You Tube) that thinks that passing up on Brady Quinn and drafing Beck in the second round is going to work. Beck has a cannon for an arm and, from what I've seen, looks pretty accurate. If the Fish move Chambers back to the slot, he will have a very productive year. Ginn won't be anything special in his first year, but he has blazing speed. He's small, but so is Steve Smith. Ronnie Brown is a beast too.

4. Jets. I think all the receiving corps in the division are good. Coles is lightning fast. I really like Cotchery too. He reminds me of a younger Deion Branch that plays for the Jets. Not too sure what Thomas Jones can do though. I have the Jest fourth simply for the fact that Pennington is not a long ball passer so neither receiver will ever get a chance to see big numbers.
I thought we were only talking about the WR set (not RB, QB and/or TE). I know that adding this positions would make the analysis more complete (of the passing game, not the WR set by itself) but then I don't know why should we exclude offensive lines, running game and even the defense. For example, considering that the Jets have a pretty good young offensive line then I would be tempt to rank NY even higher to the Dolphins that have the worst o-line in the division (something that would result in a less productive passing game).

About Parrish, I don't know why he looks promising to you.

I wasn't intending to include the QBs, OLs, Defenses, Kickers, etc.

But I did include TEs and RBs as I just went "Top 4 Receiving Options". The Top 4 guys the QB has at his arsenal. Obviously, a RG isn't at a QB's arsenal to throw to.

And I didn't include QB play because let's face it, Tom Brady is far and away the best QB in the division, and with the uncertainty surrounding who's going to take the snaps for Miami, would make the conversation almost pointless, except for who's second and who's third.

Well, you included QBs (remember what you said about Pennington?) and that's why I thought that if you are going to include someone like Pennington, and Ben Watson, and the RBs then you would be analyzing the passing game and not just the WR set. So then I thought that if you are going to analyze the passing game you can not exclude the OL (and maybe even the defense).

Anyway, I don't want to get out of topic so just forget everything.

But please tell me **yeah, I'm interested!** why Parrish looks so promising to you?

Back
Top Bottom