Best tackle tandem in the AFC. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best tackle tandem in the AFC.

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
I was thinking on how bad we had struggled to field a respectable line since Webb retired and decided to rate the best tackle tandems in the AFC.

1st. Long/Carey
2nd. Gaither/Oher
3rd. Ferguson/Woody

I'm almost jealous at Gaither/Oher since I think they will turn out better in the long run, they are both 23 and substancially cheaper then Long/Carey but who knows how long can they afford to keep Gaither, and even if they do, ounce they tie Gaither to a long term contract things will even out financially.

In the other hand I think Ferguson has hit ceiling while Gaither/Oher/Long still have room to develop and Woody doesn't have much left in the tank 2-3 years maybe. Carey probably still has 4-5 years of top play in him 'till 34 maybe.

What do you guys think?

So Ferguson has hit his ceiling? Hes been improving every year hes been in the league yet he hit his ceiling.... Makes sense... Not to mention Brick is more athletic than those guys.

Ferguson/Woody is a better tandem than Gaither/Oher is as of right now. IMO but Woody is in his 30s, hes been great the past 2 seasons at RT but you never know when he hits the decline.

Long/Carey is tuff to beat . . . imagine getting CONSISTENT solid guard play next to them . . . that Oline is very close to being DOMINANT.

Oher and Gaither are both beasts. Carey and Long is good as well. I think Jake Long is probably the best tackle in the AFC.

Another solid T group is the broncos' Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris. Clady is a monster and harris is a little better than average, although I haven't watched them much.

Back
Top Bottom