Best Team In Florida: Mia, Jax, Or Tb? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Team In Florida: Mia, Jax, Or Tb?

I'm kind of curious to see where you read that

Sorry I got no public sources, just rumors. But apparently Blake LOVES to get shitfaced 24/7.

NFL Substance Abuse policy doesn't care if you drink, unless you get a DUI or you get put into a heightened stage for some other infraction.

amazing hiw far jax has come in 2 years. thats life in NFL and just another reason I picked us to be really good this year....because...why not?

I think we're a team of a lot of good parts that can be really good if they all mesh. not much room for error, but also a lot of potential upside the longer they play if the
chemistry keeps going.

Jax for sure. I'm not sold on TB. They've had 2 explosive weeks but it's Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's been a journeyman for a reason. He will come back down to earth. Does anyone remember 2011? He had a great first 3 weeks with Buffalo, beat the juggernaut Patriots and a 3-0 Buffalo team looked poised to finally have turned it around. Then Fitz came back down and the 3-0 Bills would win only 3 more games on their way to 6-10.

Remember, their D also gave up 40 points to the Saints at home and so far has surrendered 61 points total so far in 2 weeks. Which is 27th in the league only ahead of teams such as Pittsburgh, KC, NO, Buffalo and Detroit. No one is talking about that though. Meanwhile we are 4th.

Last edited:
Who was the answer this time last year? Funny how the Jags are a top team now when they’ve been dogshit for years.

Jags were 22-74 from 2011 to 2016. They go 10-6 last year and get to the AFC Title Game and can’t do any wrong outside of the QB.

Shows you how the NFL perception can change at the drop of a hat.

Anyone who's taking Fitz and Bortles over Tannehill is on something.

Bortles is better now than he used to be. I feel like I haven’t seen that strange trigger to his throwing motion recently.

Quite a bit better. I thought he was worst in the league in 2016.

Mechanics are not great but noticeably improved. He doesn't force as many line drives into coverage. Still throws a wobbly ball, which probably causes some people to downgrade him below actual level. Not a pretty player.

Play calling now suits his strengths and allows open spaces instead of tight windows.

It will be interesting to see if his YPA moves up notably this year. Right now and last season he has been in that Tannehill area prior to 2016...right around 7.0

Quite a bit better. I thought he was worst in the league in 2016.

Mechanics are not great but noticeably improved. He doesn't force as many line drives into coverage. Still throws a wobbly ball, which probably causes some people to downgrade him below actual level. Not a pretty player.

Play calling now suits his strengths and allows open spaces instead of tight windows.

It will be interesting to see if his YPA moves up notably this year. Right now and last season he has been in that Tannehill area prior to 2016...right around 7.0

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Jags were 22-74 from 2011 to 2016. They go 10-6 last year and get to the AFC Title Game and can’t do any wrong outside of the QB.

A couple of things:

1. The Jaguars were absolutely HORRIBLE for about 5 years. You draft in the top five for five straight years, you start accumulating some talented players. And those guys flew under the radar because the coaching was flat out bad.

2. The Jaguars cleaned house from one season to the next and brought in Tom Coughlin and Doug Marrone. Kind of a huge difference to go from poor organizational structure and coaching to good organizational structure and coaching.

It wasn't perception that changed at the drop of the hat. It was the Jaguars.

Anyone who's taking Fitz and Bortles over Tannehill is on something.
key question ? can they keep it up for 16 week
1.fitz have been nfc player of week 2 time
2. bortless playing better than last 2 yr 3-0
3 thill17 3-0

Jax. By a long way. If they had signed Cousins they might have won the Superbowl

Only one thing remains the same in the NFL and as a Fins fan...I dont need to remind you of what that is.

key question ? Can they keep it up for 16 week
1.fitz have been nfc player of week 2 time
2. bortless playing better than last 2 yr 3-0
3 thill17 3-0

I think this is absolutely the key question. Jacksonville has a dominant defense that, barring injuries, will last all season. They only need the offense to be decent to win a whole lot of games. If Bortles and the offense plays better than average, they will absolutely challenge for the Lombardi trophy. They are probably the best team in the NFL right now, much less Florida.

The Bucs are a decent team with a lot of offensive weapons and Fitz is playing amazing BUT he's played at a very high level before and always comes back to earth. That's why he's the definition of a journeyman, he can provide adequate to great play for short periods of time. I think he crashes and burns by mid season.

Miami is proving to be solid, if not spectacular, on both sides of the ball. Again, barring injuries, I expect Tannehill and the offense to continue to improve and get more consistent. The offensive line is the key, as always, to the offense thriving. The defense is very good and should improve as well. It's not Jacksonville good, but a lot better than most.

With all of that being said, I see the season unfolding with Jacksonville at 13-3, Tampa at 10-6, and Miami at 11-5. Imo, Tampa is the least likely to be able to sustain their extremely high level of play throughout the season.

Back
Top Bottom