Best thing about the O-Line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best thing about the O-Line

OG54

Starter
Reaction score
is that we have new coaches that don't care about the past coaches as well as new players that will create a ton of competition. we may see 3-4 new starters on that line and i am sure that will be perfect with all of us. i don't know who the starting 5 will be and the only sure thing may be jeno james. with the new scheme the one guarantee will be the drop in the number of sacks. they will pick up schemes and be better coached, which was a huge deficiency in the prior year. i hope there is a big june 1 cut like pete kendell last year, that we pounce on.

Houck will teach these guys a scheme that they can suceed within. Stocker will be RT, Mac will be LT, Jeno at LG and Carey maybe RG. Hadnot looked good last year so he deserves a hard look. They're trying Wade Smith at center. Who knows? But it WILL be better.

If we have 3-4 new starters, chances are will look almost as bad as last year. Throwing everyone together in one offseason is probably the biggest reason they played the way they did.

they did it in san diego and it worked. u also have to remember that a new back can make a line look better and a bad back can make it look worse. so r. brown could help the line where last year's back's couldn't.

MiamiMan147 said:
If we have 3-4 new starters, chances are will look almost as bad as last year. Throwing everyone together in one offseason is probably the biggest reason they played the way they did.

in all honesty i think it was the coaching that jaked us up last season.

If houck can make the chargers line produce he can make our line produce. after all we do have decent talent onour line...it just needs to be pointed in the right direction, which i think it will be.

I believe that there is to much emphasis put on adjusting to the system, they are going to have the whole offseason to to learn it.

I wouldn't consider Jeno a lock to start at this point either. Jeno has to improve his play from last season, or else he will get beat out by a player like Damion Cook. Nick mentioned Cook by name yesterday saying that he was a big ole guy that will contribute at guard.

Also, John St. Clair was the best lineman on the team last season. I don't know why some of you are so quick to replace him as a starter. And don't say that he can be moved to center. He was a good center in college, but for whatever reason, no pro coach has put him at that position. Now, I think there are some stupid coaches out there, but you would think that if this guy had All-Pro ability as a center, someone would have put him at that position.

best thing about are line is its going to be BIG.325 across the board,just like dallas was.iam betting cook will play rg.i think your right about st clair,he might get a shot at center,but he seems a little slow.wade is 310 now ,and is pretty quick,he should be able to handle ,or seal off lb's.a big monster nose tackle?but they will prob help with double team.if carey gets rid of that fat around his gut,and comes in stronger,and he should!we could be in good shape.i hope.we'll see.go fish

I wouldnt name anyone on our O-line from last year a starter. They played terrible last year. This year is like having a clean slate. New O-line coach. New philosophy. No job is solid.

OG54 said:
is that we have new coaches that don't care about the past coaches as well as new players that will create a ton of competition. we may see 3-4 new starters on that line and i am sure that will be perfect with all of us. i don't know who the starting 5 will be and the only sure thing may be jeno james. with the new scheme the one guarantee will be the drop in the number of sacks. they will pick up schemes and be better coached, which was a huge deficiency in the prior year. i hope there is a big june 1 cut like pete kendell last year, that we pounce on.

Just like Konrad and Boston I thought Jeno James was overated last year.He had a good start to the season but later was involved in many penalties and was pushed around.Maybe Houck can make a good OL out of him but there is no guarantee.

St Clair was the most consistant OL IMO.

I hated Mac "false start" intosh. I hope he can be replaced. We had to punt at crucial points in games because of his stupid penalties.

CrunchTime said:
Just like Konrad and Boston I thought Jeno James was overated last year.He had a good start to the season but later was involved in many penalties and was pushed around.Maybe Houck can make a good OL out of him but there is no guarantee.

St Clair was the most consistant OL IMO.
If I recall Jeno had a surgery last year! I believe the new offensive line coaches will correct the problems, improve the weaknesses, and thrive on there strengths. They will also be better suited to see what combinations work best!

i hope its not a whole new revamped line, thats just asking for trouble... mcdougal new on the right but besides that im looking for the same names just new places, maybe carey at a guard spot or LT, seth at center, jeno at gaurd or hadnot, etc

Fin Fan in Cali said:
If I recall Jeno had a surgery last year! I believe the new offensive line coaches will correct the problems, improve the weaknesses, and thrive on there strengths. They will also be better suited to see what combinations work best!

I agree but I dont agree that Jeno James was our best OL last year.Maybe he will be next year.

CrunchTime said:
I agree but I didnt agree that Jeno James was our best OL last year.Maybe he will be next year.
Got to think positive that we get this thing turned around. I think Jeno will be better off this year, especially that he is 100% healthy.

I'm anxious to see if Jeno can master a zone scheme technically. From what I saw last year he is not a technician at all (terrible hands) and he bleeds defenders over to other linemen therefore messing them up to. He didn't get much blame for that from anyone but Wise but that is the reality of last year.

Back
Top Bottom