Best 'Value' position at #29? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best 'Value' position at #29?

With the disappointing numbers put up by Burks and Bell, Miami might be able to trade down, into the top of round two and get either one?

Value is a relative word.

For instance, people will say there is no value in a first round RB despite the fact a top HB is more valuable than a dud at a more important position.

The only picks that have value are the ones that convert into good players. I don't see the picks themselves as having any intrinsic value.

So any position we get a good player at will be fine to me as long as it's a position we need to improve on.

I was always one of those " you don't take a RB in the first" guys.

But thinking about it...

IGGY or j. Taylor
Jackson or Swift

Two examples of positions you take in the 1st CB and T, yet, had we "wasted" the pick on a RB our team would be alot better.

Alot of ifs now but.....
If Linderbaum and Dean are off the board
If we do not trade down
I would love If Miami takes their pick between Walker or Spiller.

I would prefer RB over WR at 29 this year.

So, yeah, if it helps the team and is a good pick..... i could care less.
I would hate to draft Penning. Him be average only to see Spiller tear it up.

With the disappointing numbers put up by Burks and Bell, Miami might be able to trade down, into the top of round two and get either one?

In the PFN mock simulator... Detroit and or Jax like to trade up with me.

So who knows. But sliding down to 32-38 range might be the way to go.

Atlanta offers me 43 and 58 alot for 29. When u accept it I normally draft Zion at 43, Spiller or Walker at 50 then meechie at 58

But that's just a simulator....not really life lol

Honestly, until free agency I have no clue. I wouldn't be shocked if they trade the 29th pick for an established vet at WR or OL, and I'd be fine with that.

As it stands right now three names I see around that area of the draft are Zion Johnson, Jermaine Johnson, and Nakobe Dean. I think if they could walk away with any of those three it's would be great. I am not sure any of them are actually there though at 29.

It’s a fantastically unique draft.

Most mocks I see I just can’t believe some of the names I see still available in that 26-30 corridor.

It does seem like a year to trade up slightly and assure yourself a starter you really need. Our extra 4th as well as a 2023 pick would be on the table so it can be done.

It appears a strong majority, myself included, are in favor of that player we trade up for being Tyler Linderbaum (pending the results of FA).

Lots to like with those top 3 LBs too.

How many teams can afford to take the chance on Jameson Williams? Eagles can. Maybe the Saints? I could see the Chiefs and Cards considering it as well. Not many others.
At 29 he’d obviously a steal.

Treylon Burks…..forget about at 29 and neither OSU kid was ever going to be available either.

Zion Johnson? I get why so many people are throwing the name out there but I am not sure it will make as much sense after FA. I’m usually 100% pro OL all the time but our needs are bigger at OT and OC so it’s hard for me to look at an OG right now. In Round 2? Hell ya. Wouldn’t be upset though at any OL this staff seems worthy.

Corner is definitely one of my favorite positions. Can’t say I know much about Kair Elam or Trent McDuffie. I look forward to finding out more about them.

I disagree. #29 ain't getting you much value in trade. I think you still have a much better chance of drafting 1 talented guy than 2 talented guys later with the picks.
We dont need any more 'camp bodies' or 'JAGs'.
#29 does have value if someone has slipped and a team wants that fifth year option on that guy. It will all depend on how the draft goes. Every year someone slips and the end of the first round has value, if a target is there.

Kyle Crabs’ post combine mock has us taking Dotson…but Olave is available to us! Olave, Scouts say, is not that great for YAC, or blocking, but that’s not everything - even in McCoachin’s scheme. I think Olave is the best in the draft at the mid level crossing routes, that combined with play action fakes off the wide zone, rolling the opposite way, are the staple core of Shannahan- McVey tree schemes. Hope hope.

Jute throwing out another possibility to fall to us - George Karlaftis . Been dropping in mocks, FWIW.

There will be Much Better WRs available at #29 than OL guys. That's what I mean by value.
Youre reachin, Hard, if youre drafting a Tackle at #29.

Imagine if I said A month ago that Tyreek Hill would be BPA at 29
If you do the draft value Chart math on what Miami gave up you could trade all those picks and get up to the 10-12 area of R1 in this Draft.Assuming you had a willing trade partner of course.

The money changes the equation some as the guy at #10 would be much cheaper but also almost certainly nowhere near as good as Hill.

Now imagine this scenario, to put faces to the yet to be used draft picks.

Miami makes this trade with picks from 2020 and 2021.

They send Noah Igbinoghene, Raekwon Davis and Solomon Kindley, plus Zech McPhearson(who Philly picked with Miami's 4th) and Chris Evans who Cincy picked with Miam's 6th).

Is anyone not trading those guys for Hill?

People(me included)always over value unused draft picks because of what the could be. But invariably they turn into football players, some good, some not so much.

Back
Top Bottom