Best 'Value' position at #29? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best 'Value' position at #29?

and this is why i will be sleeping when pick 29 comes around. stay up til after 11 for us to trade into round 2, I'd be a cranky SOB in 4 hours when i got up for work.

Also wouldnt mind one of the injured bama wr's, not metchie in the first tho

Im starting to like all the hype that is surrounding the Ark WR. Just be aggravating as hell to stay up late, draft a developmental OT, and have to be up at 245 am the next morning on a WTF!? note

Keep posting like that.

It cheers me up, knowing I'm retired and can stay up late. - LOL

In my opinion, as far as what we need most in the draft (Taking into account we use FA to fix the line, and backup QB), these are my top 5 position, in order according to how crucial they are...

WR- Hopefully with some size, good hands, and dependable with some speed.

M-LB- This is the position on defense that solidifies the defense if we hit on it.

Passrusher- This is the position that makes us consistently special if we hit on it.

Center- Though I want the line to be fixed through FA, and we may have a solid Center in the making, there are a few Centers in the Draft that are too good not to plan on maybe taking.

Powerback- Though speed will probably be very important in the new offense, and I am extremely high on Duke Johnson, Miami needs that RB that can consistently take it down the Middle when needed.

There are a lot of ways to define value. Given that a good WR commands at least twice the salary of a good center I can’t consider taking a center at 29 over a WR good value.

In this draft best value at 29 is likely to be at a position we don’t need, like CB, safety, or edge.

This is such a trade down opportunity and it smells like a Grier move. I can see getting a late 1st next year and a second or third this year in exchange with a playoff team from last year.
I disagree. #29 ain't getting you much value in trade. I think you still have a much better chance of drafting 1 talented guy than 2 talented guys later with the picks.
We dont need any more 'camp bodies' or 'JAGs'.

first one i wont be drinking for in a long time. had a blast with the draft day party on zoom last year so who knows, or the year before cant remember
It's sometimes the only way the pain of being a Dolphins fan stops. I'll probably loose my leg to diabetes but hey........priority boarding at Airports at least :UP:

I think we trade and pick up and extra 2nd or 3rd. Not a lot of skill in this draft, but there is a lot of depth IMHO.

If it's not WR Id be shocked.
OT at #29 will wind up another Ugly AF 'Reach'

My take . . . top needs are OL, WR, pass rush. every year there are 2-3 players who fall below expected draft position. My 1st target, when on the clock is one of those who fall AND fill one of those positions. Going any further requires knowing who Mia signed in FA. I won't know

Value is a relative word.

For instance, people will say there is no value in a first round RB despite the fact a top HB is more valuable than a dud at a more important position.

The only picks that have value are the ones that convert into good players. I don't see the picks themselves as having any intrinsic value.

So any position we get a good player at will be fine to me as long as it's a position we need to improve on.

It's sometimes the only way the pain of being a Dolphins fan stops. I'll probably loose my leg to diabetes but hey........priority boarding at Airports at least :UP:
See, I knew you could "think positive" - LOL

There are a lot of ways to define value. Given that a good WR commands at least twice the salary of a good center I can’t consider taking a center at 29 over a WR good value.

In this draft best value at 29 is likely to be at a position we don’t need, like CB, safety, or edge.

Agree. To me, "value" includes the opportunity to improve the team. For example, if Mia signs a quality WR and ILB or WR and pass rush, that eases the holes, and burden on the draft and remaining FAs. That is, "value" includes reducing holes and increases the flexibility on remaining FAs/draftees and flexibility can't be understated.
FAs should be focused on filling the deepest holes. Yes, there is a need for upgrades in a number of spots, but fill the deep holes as well as possible. I expect little attention to premier talent unless Mia can get a premium player at a reduced price. I expect as many 'quality' players as possible.

Back
Top Bottom