Best Value = Sewell at 3, WR at 18 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Value = Sewell at 3, WR at 18

Trading this #3 pick HAS to be the first priority. We don’t absolutely NEED a OT. Yes Sewell appears to be as guaranteed as it gets in this draft. Yes he would fill a hole but he’s a luxury not a necessity. It’s so extremely rare a 10 win team is picking at 3. You have to turn that into multiple picks. Now if we get stuck at 3 yes Sewell is the pick bc the value is just to good to pass on. But if at all possible you have to trade down.

Detroit at 7 Carolina at 8 and Denver at 9 are all just perfect spots for us. They couldn’t be more perfect bc they’re all far enough down to command a kings ransom (2022 #1) AND it keeps us high enough to get 1 of the 3 premium WRs (Chase Smith or Waddle) although I prefer Chase. Regardless if we can get down to 7 8 or 9 pick up whoever’s 2022 #1 and still get our playmaking WR that’s a home run by itself. Especially if it’s Detroit’s 2022 #1 which we all know is at minimum a top 10 pick and probably closer to top 5.

Trading this #3 pick HAS to be the first priority. We don’t absolutely NEED a OT. Yes Sewell appears to be as guaranteed as it gets in this draft. Yes he would fill a hole but he’s a luxury not a necessity. It’s so extremely rare a 10 win team is picking at 3. You have to turn that into multiple picks. Now if we get stuck at 3 yes Sewell is the pick bc the value is just to good to pass on. But if at all possible you have to trade down.

Detroit at 7 Carolina at 8 and Denver at 9 are all just perfect spots for us. They couldn’t be more perfect bc they’re all far enough down to command a kings ransom (2022 #1) AND it keeps us high enough to get 1 of the 3 premium WRs (Chase Smith or Waddle) although I prefer Chase. Regardless if we can get down to 7 8 or 9 pick up whoever’s 2022 #1 and still get our playmaking WR that’s a home run by itself. Especially if it’s Detroit’s 2022 #1 which we all know is at minimum a top 10 pick and probably closer to top 5.
Absolutely but you need a trade partner and these teams also have more than one hole to fill

Worst case scenario,
Jags - Lawrence
Jets - Sewell
Dolphins - We are sitting at 3 and no one wants to come up. I love Parsons, Smith and Chase but I really don't want to pay that high of a price for them.

I trust Grier to find LBs in the draft. Probably the only position I trust him on. I would not go Parsons.

Id take Najee at 3 in that scenario.

We're not likely to get another pick this close to the top in many years, so we'd better use it wisely. I'm of the mind that you use high picks on QBs until you have one you believe you can build around. I'm also of the mind that we have our QB. If I'm GM, I have a short list (maybe 3-5) non-QBs, and I must have 1 from that list with my first pick. If I can trade back a couple of spots (guaranteeing I still get one from my list), I do it. If I can drop back a second time and still guarantee one from my list, I do that, too. In a perfect world, I can probably trade down to 5, and then again to 7, maybe 8, depending on the gap picks at 4 and 6. In the process I collect several additional picks this year and next, and still get a player from my list. Then again, there's likely more than one good reason I'm not GM, ha.

I trust Grier to find LBs in the draft. Probably the only position I trust him on. I would not go Parsons.

Id take Najee at 3 in that scenario.
Lol. You are really out there. I would never take a running back in the first round but you want to take one with the third pick. Wow.

Lol. You are really out there. I would never take a running back in the first round but you want to take one with the third pick. Wow.
Why? Sewell and Lawrence are taken. I think we have to have Najee. We do not have to have anyone else.

Why? Sewell and Lawrence are taken. I think we have to have Najee. We do not have to have anyone else.
No one "needs" a running back in the first round let alone with the third pick in the draft. I wouldn't take freaking Jim Brown with the third pick in this era of football.

No one "needs" a running back in the first round let alone with the third pick in the draft. I wouldn't take freaking Jim Brown with the third pick in this era of football.

No. No one needs anything except great quarterbacks and beasts. Najee is one of the beasts in the draft.

Probably not possible. But it’s what should happen. I don’t think Lawrence has a chance to be an elite QB in the NFL. Especially on the Jags.
Assuming he stays healthy TLaw will make them better instantly. Not playoffs better but 5-6 wins and they will very competitive in most of their games assuming he stays healthy for a full 16. TLaw is that dude. He will struggle at points and have a bad game or 2 but he will also elevate every single player on that team and make them feel like they have a chance every Sunday. Great dude even better player.

Regarding the OP, the best value for the Fins is taking Smith at 1a. We will score more points with Smith than with Sewell. That’s the bottom line.

Now if this were 2020, I’d agree that Sewell would be the best value for us. You would be looking at making the LT position a strength instead of a liability. I’m not so sure Sewell will be all that much better than what we have now at LT (yea go ahead and call me crazy, I don’t give a ****).

That's what I'm thinking. Should be plenty of competition for that #3 pick among quarterback needy teams. It's a valuable pick.
Miami could get a haul.

Otherwise, the OP is on target.

I'd add Toney as a possibility at #18. He's one of those wide receivers who gets good separation.

Hell no to Toney! at 18? WTH?

He's a guy you can likely get in the 3rd round and you want to waste 18 overall on that guy? When we have Bowden that has a similiar game. Although Toney is much more shifty.

Back
Top Bottom