Best/Worse Miami Dolphins Draft Picks Ever | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best/Worse Miami Dolphins Draft Picks Ever

Didnt Yatil have Injury issues when he was drafted? I remember talk about it back then, if so ya you can consider it a bust if the Fins drafted him that high with Injury Concerns.
Chubbs
Yatil had nagging injuries. Hamstring here, quad there but nothing major like the ACL two years in a row. It's a shame he never got a chance cause he was a monster in college and played on teams that were far less talented because of the loss of scholarships and probation. I think his college QB was Scott Covington.

Either way I don't know that I would have him as the #1 bust since he never got the chance to prove it. Had he played and done about as good as Charles Rogers in Detroit then you could say biggest bust in Dolphins history.

Truth is we've had some pretty crappy 1st round picks. Ted Ginn, Jason Allen, Jamar Fletcher, John Avery, Billy Milner, Yatil Green, Randal Hill, Sammie Smith (Mr. Fumble), Eric Kumerow, John Bosa, David Overstreet (can't really blame him cause he died unexpectedly)...that's a lot of misses right there.

Billy Milner & Eric Kumerow.
Love the people bagging TGJ. Give it a rest people. At least he did contribute to the dolphins and our 11-5 record. He has done more for Miami than what Pat White will ever do in the NFL, let alone the Dolphins.

Billy Milner & Eric Kumerow.
Love the people bagging TGJ. Give it a rest people. At least he did contribute to the dolphins and our 11-5 record. He has done more for Miami than what Pat White will ever do in the NFL, let alone the Dolphins.

classic. defend the prior whipping boy from the cruel FH masses...by taking shots at the curent whipping boy. :rolleyes:

biggest bust ever for the phins was The Wanny Years. Man was that one bad show that effected fans for a long time after it got cancelled

horrible article... having chad henne or ronnie brown as some of our best draft choices of all time, cmon now...

and i love both of these guys, but Ronnie was taken #2 overall and probably hasn't lived up to that draft pick with his injuries, and Chad Henne hasn't even started a full season yet in his career...

and those draft busts? cmon there are so many more... this article seems like it was written by someone who only started watching the fins in like 2004

TGJ, John Avery, Jason Allen, Jamar Fletcher, Pat White, Eddie Moore were all worse selections than Yatil Green.
I wouldnt put Teddy Ginn in the list...mainly because,did anyone other than the head coach(who shall not be mentioned) and his family seriously think Ginn would live up to being the 9th overall selection of the 2007 NFL draft?

I sure hell didn't....hard to be a bust,if you don't even gain expectations....

the consecutive picks ginnger (1st) beck (2nd) and satele (2nd for welker) is about as badly as any goofball could possibly have missed.
i'd say some of our better values were bryan cox/zach t. in the 5th, doug betters in the 6th, jake scott in the 7th and as stated above clayton in the 8th.

Jake Long 1 of better picks after only 2 yrs?
Chad Henne after only 1 yr?

What ever happened to DT Manny Fernandez(17tkl in SB) UFA and 4 time all-star, or
DE Vern DenHerder #230 pick led Dolphins in sacks 4 times?

LB's Mike Kolen and Doug Swift starting from rookie yrs?

I like Long and Chad but best already?

Billy Milner stands out as worst to me. I wouldn't have been happy with that name six rounds later.

Plenty of nominees for best pick. As a kid I was thrilled when we somehow got Mercury in the 3rd round. A month earlier I saw him in the North/South Shrine College All Star Game on Christmas night in the Orange Bowl. He was a well known star, despite being from a small school. People throughout the stadium were shouting his name. Because of his unique nickname he was a buzz player all season on ABC's college football coverage.

On a running team the outside threat was vital. I'm not sure we would have won either Super Bowl, let alone go unbeaten, minus Mercury Morris.

the consecutive picks ginnger (1st) beck (2nd) and satele (2nd for welker) is about as badly as any goofball could possibly have missed.
i'd say some of our better values were bryan cox/zach t. in the 5th, doug betters in the 6th, jake scott in the 7th and as stated above clayton in the 8th.
you can keep that streak going. next pick was booker (early 3rd) now out of the league. astonishingly pathetic draft looking back on it.

Didnt Yatil have Injury issues when he was drafted? I remember talk about it back then, if so ya you can consider it a bust if the Fins drafted him that high with Injury Concerns.
Chubbs

That's a misconception about Yatil. He had some minor injuries at the U (mostly pulled hammys) that resulted in him missing a game here or there, but he never was injured in such a way that required surgery or would have lead some one to believe he was an injury risk. In fact the knock on him was that he was unwilling to play through pain and that he could of played the games he sat.

Did ths author put any thought or research into this article? How is Eddie Moore not on the list as worst bust ever? He was such a reach that I couldn't even find a draft publication that had a profile on him. I don't think he ever recorded a tackle for us and we couldn't even trade him because he failed his physcial with the Broncos.

And how is Zach not one of the top draft picks ever? We took him in the 5th round and he started as a rookie (essentially forced Jack Del Rio to retire) and went on to multiple pro bowls. Now that's a value pick!

Billy Milner, Eric Kumerow, Eddie Moore, Jackie Shipp, John Bosa, Sammie Smith,Jamar Fletcher, Jason Allen, Rick Graf, Mike Charles, Aubrey Beavers. The list goes on and on.............

Back
Top Bottom