Best Young Talent in the Division | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Young Talent in the Division

I think the best young talent in the AFC East would definitely have to be between us and the Bills. Especially on offense alone we have so much young talent, but the difference is with us... but we have a lot more prove, especially considering we're still a 4-12 team in everyone's eyes until proven otherwise.

I'd say the Patriots have the best young talent in the division. I hate them like poisen but before I get flamed by some kneejerk "they are aging" reaction:

Key Patriots under 30:

Tom Brady - 28 (Is that all?)
Tom Ashworth - 28
Monty Beisel - 27
Deion Branch - 25
Randall Gay - 23
David Givens - 25
Daniel Graham - 26
Jarvis Green - 25
Marquis Hill - 23
Bethel Johnson - 25
Dan Klecko - 24
Dan Koppen - 26
Matt Light - 28
Stephen Neal - 28
Patrick Pass - 26
Assante Samuel - 24
Richard Seymour - 26
Ty Warren - 24
Ben Watson - 25
Vince Wilfork - 24
Eugene Wilson - 25

Looking at this list does a few things for me...the most important is that it scares the hell out of me. Everyone thinking "the Patriots are old and they are going to fall apart soon" better look at the ages attached to these players.

It just feels like they have been around forever. Their secondary is still young and played well last year. Their defensive line is LOADED with good players that are under 25. The offensive line is almost all under 28 and their recievers (the meaningful ones) are all under 26.

It also shows how well Scott Pioli and Bill B. have drafted. They load up every year on young players and supplement the weak spots in free agency.

Tom Brady is ONLY 28...he still has...perhaps a decade of football left.

I know a Dolphin fan should not be writing so many glowing things about the Patriots (I feel like vomiting as I write this) but they are not going anywhere.

Yes, all the teams in the East have some strong young players.

The Dolphins are coming off their best draft in 5 years. We have a young offensive line that WILL be better. Youth at reciever, tight end and running back. We also have some decent young defensive players.

The Bills have young players all over the offense.

The Jets are loaded in the front seven with youth.

The Patriots are loaded with youth at EVERY spot accept linebacker...and they've never been big on drafting linebackers anyway.

This subject begins and ends in Foxborough in my opinion.

Typing that made me sick...

unifiedtheory said:
Tom Ashworth - 28
Monty Beisel - 27
Deion Branch - 25
Randall Gay - 23
David Givens - 25
Daniel Graham - 26
Jarvis Green - 25
Marquis Hill - 23
Bethel Johnson - 25
Dan Klecko - 24
Dan Koppen - 26
Matt Light - 28
Stephen Neal - 28
Patrick Pass - 26
Assante Samuel - 24
Richard Seymour - 26
Ty Warren - 24
Ben Watson - 25
Vince Wilfork - 24
Eugene Wilson - 25

NOT TOM ASHWORTH, MONTY BEISEL AND STEPHEN NEAL!! OH NO! :cry:

unifiedtheory said:
I'd say the Patriots have the best young talent in the division. I hate them like poisen but before I get flamed by some kneejerk "they are aging" reaction:

Key Patriots under 30:

Tom Ashworth - 28
Monty Beisel - 27
Deion Branch - 25
Randall Gay - 23
David Givens - 25
Daniel Graham - 26
Jarvis Green - 25
Marquis Hill - 23
Bethel Johnson - 25
Dan Klecko - 24
Dan Koppen - 26
Matt Light - 28
Stephen Neal - 28
Patrick Pass - 26
Assante Samuel - 24
Richard Seymour - 26
Ty Warren - 24
Ben Watson - 25
Vince Wilfork - 24
Eugene Wilson - 25

Looking at this list does a few things for me...the most important is that it scares the hell out of me. Everyone thinking "the Patriots are old and they are going to fall apart soon" better look at the ages attached to these players.

It just feels like they have been around forever. Their secondary is still young and played well last year. Their defensive line is LOADED with good players that are under 25. The offensive line is almost all under 28 and their recievers (the meaningful ones) are all under 26.

It also shows how well Scott Pioli and Bill B. have drafted. They load up every year on young players and supplement the weak spots in free agency.

Tom Brady is ONLY 28...he still has...perhaps a decade of football left.

I know a Dolphin fan should not be writing so many glowing things about the Patriots (I feel like vomiting as I write this) but they are not going anywhere.

Yes, all the teams in the East have some strong young players.

The Dolphins are coming off their best draft in 5 years. We have a young offensive line that WILL be better. Youth at reciever, tight end and running back. We also have some decent young defensive players.

The Bills have young players all over the offense.

The Jets are loaded in the front seven with youth.

The Patriots are loaded with youth at EVERY spot accept linebacker...and they've never been big on drafting linebackers anyway.

This subject begins and ends in Foxborough in my opinion.

Typing that made me sick...

Thank you for that astute injection of reality, unifiedtheory. You just saved me plenty of work. I was literally just starting to Google the Patriots' roster to make a list of the ages of so many key players when I returned to this thread and saw your excellent post. The earlier ones dismissing New England as old and soon to be irrelevant were amazing.

Any time a thread pops up asking for the best whatever in the AFC East, just put me down for New England. I'll be right much more often than not.

DolphinDevil28 said:
NOT TOM ASHWORTH, MONTY BEISEL AND STEPHEN NEAL!! OH NO! :cry:

Ashworth and Neal start on the most underrated offensive line in football and Beisel will be starting for Bruschi.

Thanks for picking the 3 most unknown names I listed and ignoring the other 30 names.

Just trying to inject some reality to this board.

unifiedtheory said:
Ashworth and Neal start on the most underrated offensive line in football and Beisel will be starting for Bruschi.

Thanks for picking the 3 most unknown names I listed and ignoring the other 30 names.

Just trying to inject some reality to this board.

Man, I know, I'm just messing.

But it's not like EVERYONE on there is an all-star. There are several people on that list who I'd take from our roster over at their respective positions. (unbiasedly, too.)

Awsi Dooger said:
Thank you for that astute injection of reality, unifiedtheory. You just saved me plenty of work. I was literally just starting to Google the Patriots' roster to make a list of the ages of so many key players when I returned to this thread and saw your excellent post. The earlier ones dismissing New England as old and soon to be irrelevant were amazing.

Thanks. I just felt it had to be said. I wish they were old and soon to be irrelevant but it is not going to happen anytime soon.

Awsi Dooger said:
Any time a thread pops up asking for the best whatever in the AFC East, just put me down for New England. I'll be right much more often than not.

As much as I hate to say it I totally agree with that.

They are the benchmark...3 rings in 4 years AND the best group of young players not only in the AFC East but, possibly in all of football.

I know my post will start arguements and I KNOW I'll be flamed but it is truth.

I also know that I'll probably spend the next hour standing up for the Patriots...that's all good though...I stand by everything I wrote.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Man, I know, I'm just messing.

But it's not like EVERYONE on there is an all-star. There are several people on that list who I'd take from our roster over at their respective positions. (unbiasedly, too.)

I could maybe name one player at a comparable age and position on the Dolphins roster that I would take over a Patriot (Randy McMichael).

Great research Unifiedtheory! Unfortunately, that's what I thought when I first posted. Brady is 28 and clearly one of the top five quarterbacks in the game already - none of the other AFC teams are set at quarterback either. The Jets are pretty good if Pennington is healthy, but Losman and Feeley are question marks entering this season. Wilfork and Seymour are young beasts in the middle for NE, the Jets have Robertson who could emerge. The Pats have young talent everywhere. It will be tough to catch them, but at least the Dolphins made serious strides this offseason. They will probably need 2 or 3 similar offseasons to realistically be on par, or close talent-wise.

Wagon Circler said:
I'd say the bills, but I agree with Dolphindevil. In a year or three it's going to be back to how it should be with the Bills and Dolphins slugging it out for the top spot.

That would be cool, The Jets have the best young guys on defense, Its ties b/w the Phins and Bills for the best young offensive talent. The Pats have young good guys on offense, but not all of the are spring chickens, some of their defensive guys are ageing.

Unified Theory is right....they have an better awesome set of young players on that team. On both sides of the ball...

unifiedtheory said:
I could maybe name one player at a comparable age and position on the Dolphins roster that I would take over a Patriot (Randy McMichael).

Are you serious?

I would take Chris Chambers over any of their WR's. (I cannot believe you would not.)

I would take Rex Hadnot over Tom Ashworth and Dan Koppen.

I would take Channing Crowder over Monty Beisel.

I would take Travis Daniels over Randall Gay.

I would take Randy McMichael over Daniel Graham and Watson (as you said)

I would take Matt Roth over Jarvis Green.

The rest I'll take from the Pats.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Are you serious?

I would take Chris Chambers over any of their WR's. (I cannot believe you would not.)

The rest I'll take from the Pats.
:yes: :clap:

DolphinDevil28 said:
Are you serious?

I think Deion Branch and Chambers are a toss up...I know I'll get ROASTED for saying that but it is my opinion.

DolphinDevil28 said:

I personally would'nt take any of our offensive lineman over any of theirs until our line has a few consectutive good weeks. I would never take Hadnot over Koppen at center. I would take Hadnot over Ashworth at guard though.

DolphinDevil28 said:

Ditto

DolphinDevil28 said:

That is a toss up in my opinion. That being said I'd take Samuel over Daniels everyday of the week.

DolphinDevil28 said:

That's a no brainer but I think Watson could breakout this year.

DolphinDevil28 said:

So would I. But would you take Roth over Richard Seymour or Ty Warren? They both play defensive end in the Patriots defense.

unifiedtheory said:
I personally would'nt take any of our offensive lineman over any of theirs until our line has a few consectutive good weeks. I would never take Hadnot over Koppen at center. I would take Hadnot over Ashworth at guard though.

See, I was talking about individual talent, not the line as a whole. Of course their line was better.

unifiedtheory said:
So would I. But would you take Roth over Richard Seymour or Ty Warren? They both play defensive end in the Patriots defense.

Once again, I was talking about a one-on-one situation.
...and yeah, I just might take Roth over Ty Warren. I have to see Roth this year, but I feel he has more upside.

Seymour? Absolutely not. He's the second best DT in football behind Kris Jenkins.

Back
Top Bottom