Better Conference: AFC or NFC? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Better Conference: AFC or NFC?

PhinFan0202

Alriiigghht miaaammi!!!
Reaction score
While taking a look at the conference, i came to the conclusion that they are both starting become very equal in terms of talented teams. During the Late 80's and early 90's the NFC was dominating, than the AFC closed the gap and pulled away somewhat. In your opinions, are the two conferences even or is the AFC still ahead?

PhinFan0202 said:
While taking a look at the conference, i came to the conclusion that they are both starting become very equal in terms of talented teams. During the Late 80's and early 90's the NFC was dominating, than the AFC closed the gap and pulled away somewhat. In your opinions, are the two conferences even or is the AFC still ahead?

Right now, the AFC. Over the last few years, the AFC playoff teams all had at least 10 wins in the regular season while teams in the NFC made it into the playoffs with 8, sometimes 7 wins.

Alright, i'm going to name the 5 best teams in the AFC and the NFC and tell me who you think is better.

AFC
1.Steelers
2.Colts
3.Broncos
4.Bengals
5.Patriots

NFC
1.Seattle
2.Carolina
3.Washington
4.New York Giants
5.Dallas

Honorable mention
AFC
1.Miami
2.San Diego
3.Kansas City
4.Jacksonville
5.Cleavland (Now before everyone laughs, i'm not saying they are going to make the playoffs but i think they will push for 8-8)

NFC
1. Chicago
2. Atlanta
3. Tampa Bay
4. Arizona(Stacked on offense but defense dosen't show up. Could push for a playoff spot.)
5. Philadelphia (Still have a pretty good defense and had a good draft. Still need a running back and a legit #1.)

The AFC is till better, but not by much...It seems like the tables turn every decade. The first two SB's were won by an NFC team and then the Jets won III. The 70's were ruled by the AFC except for one team (The Cowboys twice). The 80's were ruled by the NFC except for one team (The Raiders twice) and just when it looked like the Bills were going to change it again right on course during the 1990 season ,they blew a close one and the NFC kept winning until the Denver's back to backs. Since then the AFC has been up 7-2. I do like how it is becoming a little more even now, but the AFC still has a small edge.

Back
Top Bottom