Better or Worse (State of the franchise post draft) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Better or Worse (State of the franchise post draft)

I agree but has the development not been good or has it just been poor evaluation? Tunsil was a no-brainer at 13 but Jackson was above his weight class. We traded up for Eichenburg, who has been nothing short of terrible. Just curious as to your thoughts on that.
I would lean towards lack of coaching stability.

Jackson was picked a little high, but I believe he was generally regarded as a 1st round talent. Some mocks had Eichenberg at the end of the 1st as well and scouting reports referred to him as a plug and play starter.

So, in terms of evaluation I believe other teams would have taken them near where Miami did.

The fact that Grier and McDaniel haven't upgraded, as most of us hoped would happen, leads me to think they believe that both players will develop???

I would lean towards lack of coaching stability.

Jackson was picked a little high, but I believe he was generally regarded as a 1st round talent. Some mocks had Eichenberg at the end of the 1st as well and scouting reports referred to him as a plug and play starter.

So, in terms of evaluation I believe other teams would have taken them near where Miami did.

The fact that Grier and McDaniel haven't upgraded, as most of us hoped would happen, leads me to think they believe that both players will develop???
That has to be the hope. Load up with skill position players and hope to develop. Make no mistake, I think we are dangerous either way but some security on the lines would've been amazing!

That has to be the hope. Load up with skill position players and hope to develop. Make no mistake, I think we are dangerous either way but some security on the lines would've been amazing!
It will be interesting to see if Cam Smith turns out better than some of those offensive line options at 51.

Of course, if Jackson and Eichenberg reach their ceilings then Miami's offensive line should be good.

It will be interesting to see if Cam Smith turns out better than some of those offensive line options at 51.

Of course, if Jackson and Eichenberg reach their ceilings then Miami's offensive line should be good.

Cam and Iggy are alike in one respect - both have the physical tools. Iggy's problem is mental. Not understanding the game and technique. If reports of Cam are accurate, he has the mental capability. That, alone, makes me optimistic. But, as others have said, we need to see it inside the lines.

Cam and Iggy are alike in one respect - both have the physical tools. Iggy's problem is mental. Not understanding the game and technique. If reports of Cam are accurate, he has the mental capability. That, alone, makes me optimistic. But, as others have said, we need to see it inside the lines.
Right. We'll see. Iggy often has the coverage, but usually fails to get his head around or play the ball. I was hopeful that Sam Madison could help him in that regard, but I haven't really seen improvement.

He did have that game clinching interception against Pittsburgh, so there are flashes.

It's possible that Fangio's defense matches up better with Iggy's skills. Definitely a bubble player IMO.

Back
Top Bottom