Better plays for Ricky! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Better plays for Ricky!

phintech

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Whatever happened to that counter run by Ricky that the Phins ran so successfully last year? I remember games where they would run it back to back and defenses couldn't stop it. Norv has become too predictable. Let's see some counters, Griese rollouts with back door screens to Williams, reverses to Chambers, the halfback pass...anything to keep defenses on their heels.

Pretty sure we have been running counters. It's just that our Offensive line is completely ineffective at doing anything besides allowing D-linemen past them, falling down, and eating.

You're right but the counter I'm talking about is the fake to one side with an inside handoff going the other way. Not your traditional counter. I don't think they used it this year.

i haven't seen any counters...

the counter is the perfect play for miami... the line can't block, so lets get the 9 men in the box going 1 way, then go the other for a gap...

Face it Norv is stupid. Chan Gailey would do fine with this line.

How?

Well he would spread the field and force teams to stop stacking the line.

Ricky doesnt need Konrad that bad. All he needs is a small amount of running room and he could do the rest.

Norv only looked good in Dallas, but who couldnt with that amount of talent.

A genius Off. Coor. is someone who takes water and makes wine. Not someone who takes water and makes ice.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
i haven't seen any counters...

the counter is the perfect play for miami... the line can't block, so lets get the 9 men in the box going 1 way, then go the other for a gap...

What gap?...... There's a gap?

its an old adage, but so true. the game is won and lost at the line of scrimmage. the exact spot where we stink (on offense). easy formula, lets not look too much into it

Do a reverse with Minor giving it to Thompson and throw it to McMike.

How about giving Chambers the ball more? It's sad how many balls Santana Moss gets thrown his way, compared to Chambers..

i like the counter. it catches the defense off guard and may buy ricky more time to ree the hole and hit it.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
How about giving Chambers the ball more? It's sad how many balls Santana Moss gets thrown his way, compared to Chambers..

Yes! GIVE HIM THE DAMN BALL! I'm so tired of the Dolphins not being able to utilize their playmakers! :fire:

The reason you are not seeing the counter tre is that the play calls for either guard and the center to pull.....Jaime Nails has been slow to get out there on the counter tre. On the other hand, what you guys are refering to I think is the STRETCH plays...that works with any line because its a Daylight run.....it is basically incumbent on the back to hit it where they ain't.....we haven't run a stretch play since we ran one against New England.....and yes Ricky got about 6 with that one.

Back
Top Bottom