Better point differential then the jills | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Better point differential then the jills

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
We are winning by more points then the bills and not getting blown out. We have a positive 2 point differential whereas the 4-1 jills have a negative point differential what does that tell you? 1) Miami wins convincingly when we win 2) we barely lose by much and 3) the bills barely win but lose huge

A one game sample of the Bills losing is not nearly enough data to make any determination one way or another. What their 4 wins tell me though is they know how to win close games which is a sign of good coaching and good QB play. Hence in the 4th QTR Josh Allen has the 2nd highest QB rating in the NFL, 2nd most TDs and is completing an impressive 72.7% of his passes.

Buffalo and Miami each have 23 more pts scored than allowed. Buffalo should be 3-2 with that sham Rams game too.

My read is that the Bills Defense is nowhere near as good as they were last year or the year before, but their Offense is a lot more dangerous. Josh Allen is an ascending QB and the addition of Diggs was huge.
In contrast, I see the Dolphins Defense beginning to improve.

I will say Josh Allen came back to earth and played like the Allen we all know against the Titans.
The inaccuracies and bad decisions were on full display.

Last edited:
A one game sample of the Bills losing is not nearly enough data to make any determination one way or another. What their 4 wins tell me though is they know how to win close games which is a sign of good coaching and good QB play. Hence in the 4th QTR Josh Allen has the 2nd highest QB rating in the NFL, 2nd most TDs and is completing an impressive 72.7% of his passes.
That's not how it works. The goal of football is to move the ball down the field and score while stopping the other team from doing the same. Winning close games rarely means more than losing them because the difference could have just been one fluke play. When you win by 20, there are no flukes that could swing the win-loss column one way or the other. This is true in literally any other sport as well. This should have been obvious during the Gase era when we would narrowly squeak by in wins and then get blown out in losses. They're not equivalent as we were a bad team.

The Bills have issues and it's because their horrible defense is giving up 28 points a game after giving up 16 a game last season which is why they made the playoffs. Add in those inevitable Josh Allen performances that happened last night and they're going to be in for it.

So does this mean that the NFL will give us an extra win and take one away from Buffalo?

What I'm curious about assuming I understand this correctly.
But didn't the Titans because of covid get more "time off" than a typical team would get even with the bye-week period?
If so, How is that not a competitive advantage?

I’d rather be in Buffalo’s position
The bills won’t be that good for long. My point is Miami is in better shape imo. The bills defense is badddd and Josh Allen is only good under ideal circumstances. Last night was the first time it wasn’t ideal for him and you saw what happened a 77 passer rating.

Miami has a much better defense which is getting better and our offense is getting good

What I'm curious about assuming I understand this correctly.
But didn't the Titans because of covid get more "time off" than a typical team would get even with the bye-week period?
If so, How is that not a competitive advantage?
I have to look at inactive but didn’t the titans have several key players missing

Back
Top Bottom