Better point differential then the jills | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Better point differential then the jills

What I'm curious about assuming I understand this correctly.
But didn't the Titans because of covid get more "time off" than a typical team would get even with the bye-week period?
If so, How is that not a competitive advantage?
The titans only practiced once in the last two weeks so Buffalo had the advantage there. Now maybe the Titans were fresher but after not playing or practicing for that long they should have been rusty? The fact is that last night the titans were the better team.

But didn't the Titans because of covid get more "time off" than a typical team would get even with the bye-week period?
Time off and not being allowed to practice or even be together is different. The staff did a great job of keeping them focused.

It tells me we are 5 games into a 16 game season.

Im optimistic, but I dont want to get too excited until we get a few more wins under our belt.

I have to look at inactive but didn’t the titans have several key players missing

I believe the Titans were at full strength.
The Bills on the other hand I believe were missing both starting corners and a few LBs.

Didn't the titans break the rules by meeting outside their facility. And could face fines and possibly other penalty

Time off and not being allowed to practice or even be together is different. The staff did a great job of keeping them focused.

Yes! Time off also gives hurt players the opportunity to get a little healthier.
Titans looked fresh, active, and fast.
Not to mention more time allows the coaches to come up with a better game plan.

Are we really trying to suggest a banged-up team in the Bills are at a better place going into that game than a fully rested Titans team at full strength?
Give me a break!

? Buffalo has scored 139 and given up 142

So before this week I am certain the point differential was skewed the other way. Score 43 and give up 17 and allow 42 and score 16 that's a perfect +26 and -26. So last week the Bills were a +23 and Miami was -3 in point differential.

Yes! Time off also gives hurt players the opportunity to get a little healthier.
Titans looked fresh, active, and fast.
Not to mention more time allows the coaches to come up with a better game plan.

Are we really trying to suggest a banged-up team in the Bills are at a better place going into that game than a fully rested Titans team at full strength?
Give me a break!
The Titans were missing covid players so no they were not at full strengh.

Welcome to the 2020 NFL season........get used to it.

My read is that the Bills Defense is nowhere near as good as they were last year or the year before, but their Offense is a lot more dangerous. Josh Allen is an ascending QB and the addition of Diggs was huge.
In contrast, I see the Dolphins Defense beginning to improve.
Sustaining a top five defense year to year is almost impossible now with the NFL. Though it would be fair to point out that white was out and that was a big loss for them.

As for their offense we will see. Allen did great against us because our d-line couldn't get pressure and Noah was victimized by a much better and experienced player. They got a better test coming up against the chiefs and that where allen and co have to prove they can win. Beating 4 teams who didn't make the playoffs last year doesn't say much.

A one game sample of the Bills losing is not nearly enough data to make any determination one way or another. What their 4 wins tell me though is they know how to win close games which is a sign of good coaching and good QB play. Hence in the 4th QTR Josh Allen has the 2nd highest QB rating in the NFL, 2nd most TDs and is completing an impressive 72.7% of his passes.
I’ve been watching Allen a lot this year and I still see a guy that puts the ball in bad spots. His first INT was a perfect example of it last night. The ball is so behind the receiver that he bounces it off his shoulder.

How many balls did Dolphin defenders get their hands on in week 2? He is just not consistently accurate. They barely beat Miami and were gifted that win against the Rams with help from the officials late. Let’s see how they do the next three weeks.

The Titans were missing covid players so no they were not at full strengh.

Welcome to the 2020 NFL season........get used to it.

Just say that..but don't try to suggest it didn't provide an advantage.

They also didn't get to practice. I'd call that a competitive disadvantage.

So before this week I am certain the point differential was skewed the other way. Score 43 and give up 17 and allow 42 and score 16 that's a perfect +26 and -26. So last week the Bills were a +23 and Miami was -3 in point differential.
Only if you believe those were abnormalities. The bills haven’t played anybody with respect to the rams. And even that rams game they should have lost but got bailed out by bogus pi. The bills are not legit folks, they are kings at starting the season hot and then fading into being irrelevant

Back
Top Bottom