Better point differential then the jills | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Better point differential then the jills

That's not how it works. The goal of football is to move the ball down the field and score while stopping the other team from doing the same. Winning close games rarely means more than losing them because the difference could have just been one fluke play. When you win by 20, there are no flukes that could swing the win-loss column one way or the other. This is true in literally any other sport as well. This should have been obvious during the Gase era when we would narrowly squeak by in wins and then get blown out in losses. They're not equivalent as we were a bad team.

The Bills have issues and it's because their horrible defense is giving up 28 points a game after giving up 16 a game last season which is why they made the playoffs. Add in those inevitable Josh Allen performances that happened last night and they're going to be in for it.

Winning close games consistently most definitely means more than losing them. It means you have good coaching and players with mental toughness. From 1970-1995 the Dolphins had the 2nd highest win% in games decided by 7 points or less and from 2001-2020 the Patriots have the highest win% in games decided by 7 points or less. It's no coincidence that the 2 best coaches of their era are the best at winning close games.

The Bills have issues but they are still sitting atop the AFC East at 4-1. Pretty sure if we were atop the AFC East at 4-1 even if we were winning by a TD or less not a damn person here would have a negative thing to say...wait this is finheaven they probably would but you get what I mean.

I hate the Bills more than even the Jets and Pats.

Miami losing to Buffalo in the playoffs seemed to be an annual event. I must admit that Buffalo had a more complete team than Miami back then. That said, Marino would NOT have lost 4 straight Super Bowls... damn those Bills keeping Dan from getting a ring!!!

Miami losing to Buffalo in the playoffs seemed to be an annual event. I must admit that Buffalo had a more complete team than Miami back then. That said, Marino would NOT have lost 4 straight Super Bowls... damn those Bills keeping Dan from getting a ring!!!
Those da*n Jills drafted near the top of the leauge several years straight and had more talent than almost any other team in the league at the time. It was so painful to watch us struggle with Kelly and Co.

I think would rather play teams close and win then play teams close and lose. You can drag the Bills, but we lost 3 out of 5 games close enough to be winnable. I am happy with where we are at, but the Bills are still the team to beat in the AFC East. To clarify, our division is fairly weak right now and I think there are a handful of AFC teams better than them.

I think would rather play teams close and win then play teams close and lose. You can drag the Bills, but we lost 3 out of 5 games close enough to be winnable. I am happy with where we are at, but the Bills are still the team to beat in the AFC East. To clarify, our division is fairly weak right now and I think there are a handful of AFC teams better than them.

Agree, but progress comes in steps. Losing close is progress when they've been losing walk-aways

Back
Top Bottom