Bettis' comments on coach's future irk Cowher | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bettis' comments on coach's future irk Cowher

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Late Sunday night, after his debut on the NBC Sunday Night NFL broadcast team, former Steeler Jerome Bettis said he hoped that his old coach, Bill Cowher, would be OK with Bettis revealing a personal conversation they'd had about the coach's future.

On Monday, Bettis found out. And Cowher was not OK with it.

During his network debut Sunday night, Bettis predicted Cowher's 15th season as the Steelers' coach might be his last now that the team has won a title.

"I really think this is the last year for coach Cowher in Pittsburgh," Bettis said. "I talked to him after the season was over and I really think he was really a different coach, a different guy."

Miffed by Bettis' comments on national TV, Cowher said he has not decided whether this will be his final season piloting the Super Bowl champions.

"I was very disappointed in what Jerome said," Cowher said late Monday afternoon after the Steelers' lone practice of the day at training camp. "Jerome and I talked back in March and there was no confidential information shared. There has been a lot of speculation about my future, and that's what it is -- speculation. I have not made a decision about my future beyond this year."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/08/14/cowher.bettis/index.html

Yeah, I saw it live, and couldn't believe what the bus was saying. He had no right to come out on national tv and make assumptions about Cowher. He got way too personal, and its only his first day on the job. :evil:

Alex44 said:
I dont like Cowher never have never will so YOU GO JEROME!!!

I'll take the opposite approach, I never really liked Bettis, especially the last few years. So you go Cowher!

I loved how Chris Collinsworth called out Bettis, saying they never would have made it to the SB if Palmer hadn't gone down.

Rocky Raccoon said:
I'll take the opposite approach, I never really liked Bettis, especially the last few years. So you go Cowher!

And I'll take yet another approach, I can't stand either one so I'm glad they made each other look dumb! :D

Motion said:
I loved how Chris Collinsworth called out Bettis, saying they never would have made it to the SB if Palmer hadn't gone down.

Marvin Lewis has got the Bengals alumni feeling their oats. :D

steelerssuck_combillsnewjob-1.jpg

Now his plans are revealed to all.​

Back
Top Bottom