Bidding War For Quinn? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bidding War For Quinn?

You don't like Justin Houston on the EDGE? Go get Parnell McPhee You don't like him? Go get Adrian Clayborn who played for Flores last year. Go get somebody else for the edge who is to your liking in FA.

Jamie Collins is perfectly fine as Kyle Van Noy OLB in the Patriots scheme. And they would need the type.

But if you say nobody in FA is to our liking and we will get a guy in the draft to play edge, and he will be just the way we want it, then you are full of it. It's a waste of resources. There is not one guy who can play DE, and there are very few in this draft to pick from.

No, because he's old and always injured. Not worth the time for the team.

Jamie Collins was so good, that New England got rid of him and got Van Noy...

No, you are not giung to tell me what team to follow. This owner is an idiot and so is the GM.

Here, what would you say as an owner if I asked you to give me FIVE MILLION DOLLARS to buy a fourth round pick?
To increase the cap hit this year from 13 mil to 18 mil so that we have less cap space to improve the team. So that we just dish out 5 mil to a departing player.
So that we can possibly improve the team with a fourth round pick next year, even though this year you, mr. owner, are paying 180 million dollars in payroll.

Would you say that is a grand plan with your money? Or would you tell me to pack up and gtfo!

Who even has a gall to ask for sht like that, but an idiot?

:lol: oh my

He constantly posts clueless ****, no one can pound sense / facts into him

Apparently its better to keep an aging veteran, who makes a good amount of money, AND doesn't fit the scheme we will be running than it is to acquire future picks for players that will be on the team in 3-5 years
POTY. I’ve noticed that too, this made me laugh hard!

Ammo won't matter if the team selecting #1 also needs a QB.
So we use our picks to get into a position to take Fromm or Herbert. It isn't a case of Tua or bust. And if we don't need all those picks to get our QB then that's more picks we have available to surround him with talent.

The whole idea they are building for next year is repulsive.

The fact they have a gall to ask the owner to pay millions of dollars to a departing player, millions of dollars for a pick, and that the owner is willing rach for his pocket and give away cash, is idiotic.

This whole Quinn thing is so stupid on so many levels. Morons gonna moron.
Why is it repulsive to start building Draft capital for next year? Just think of the 2020 Draft picks as delayed investments some of which will hopefully generate good returns.

No, because he's old and always injured. Not worth the time for the team.

Jamie Collins was so good, that New England got rid of him and got Van Noy...

Yeah right. He is no good. Adrian Clayborn who was good for Bill Belichick to win the SB is no good for us. Instead we will draft a rookie, and waste draft resources when WE NEED A QB!!!

Jamie Collins is no good for KVN role. Yeah, sure. We will draft Ben Banogu or some guy and that will put us on schedule for the Chris Grier special, the FIVE YEAR PLAN!!

C'mon man! DE and LB in this draft are not better than what is available in FA. It's a waste of resources to draft EDGE and LBs.

We cannot get a right tackle in FA. We cannot get a young elite QB in free agency.
Cannot get an elite corner, and elite safety, defensive tackle. Guards are a crap shoot.
That's where they can spend draft capital now, and draft elite players, and we have holes there.
But no, we are going to leave those holes for the future, and go get some linebacker and edge players even tho perfectly fine players are available in free agency.
And in addition, we will scrap a perfectly fine edge player in Quinn, and pay him cash to play elsewhere.
Unbelievable.

Why is it repulsive to start building Draft capital for next year? Just think of the 2020 Draft picks as delayed investments some of which will hopefully generate good returns.

Because it is NOT a five year plan! There is no DELAYS!! Go get players NOW! Do now! Work now! Get things done now!

I don't think you get it..

NE got rid of Jamie Collins, your post makes no sense.

I don't think you get it. Kyle Van Noy is not the only guy who can play that role.

Jamie Collins (6-4, 250) last year played 1114 snaps, 90.7% defensive snaps, and had
4 Sacks, 104 comb tackles, 73 solo tackles, 13 tackles for loss, 7 QB hits
1 int, 4 passes defended

Kyle Van Noy (6-3, 250) last year played 1071 snaps, 90.7% defensive snaps, and had
3.5 Sacks, 92 comb tackles, 55 solo tackles, 5 tackles for loss, 10 QB hits
1 int, 2 passes defended

And Jamie Collins cannot play the role?

It is not a five year plan. Stop fkn around, stop wasting time, money, resources, Get sht done now!

Last edited:
Because it is NOT a five year plan! There is no DELAYS!! Go get players NOW! Do now! Work now! Get things done now!

Sorry, but we have tried the NOW thing for many many iterations of coaches, year after year. We have no QB, a Swiss cheese line and many holes to fill on defense. Keeping an edge guy for a couple years will do nothing helpful as the rest of the pieces are put in place. Might as well get draft capital fo him now before he just walks.

There is no guarantee this will work, but we need to try a different approach.

Sorry if you are not on board, but you can only sit and watch it happen. Either buy in, or bitch. It will take time and pain.

Cheers

Sorry, but we have tried the NOW thing for many many iterations of coaches, year after year. We have no QB, a Swiss cheese line and many holes to fill on defense. Keeping an edge guy for a couple years will do nothing helpful as the rest of the pieces are put in place. Might as well get draft capital fo him now before he just walks.

Sorry if you are not on board, but you can only sit and watch it happen. Either buy in, or bitch. It will take time and pain.

Cheers
There's no point. The guy has said a few times that it's "easy to get a qb". That there are 3 there this year. Sure, all three will work out. That's why every franchise finds it so easy to draft a QB and no qb draft pick ever busts :shrug:

Yes a different approach would be to fire the idiots running things and get someone who gets it and gets sht done. A different approach is not to stick with the same idiot who extended Tannehill, and wasted years, and failed to get a QB.
The guy who throws millions of dollars away to departing players. Who wants to play Madden Franchise and string us along for five years.
That would be a different approach. An approach of getting it done.

Whew, i thought maybe i was the only one drinking on some tussin...

I don't think you get it. Kyle Van Noy is not the only guys who can play that role.

Jamie Collins (6-4, 250) last year played 1114 snaps, 90.7% defensive snaps, and had
4 Sacks, 104 comb tackles, 73 solo tackles, 13 tackles for loss, 7 QB hits
1 int, 4 passes defended

Kyle Van Noy (6-3, 250) last year played 1071 snaps, 90.7% defensive snaps, and had
3.5 Sacks, 92 comb tackles, 55 solo tackles, 5 tackles for loss, 10 QB hits
1 int, 2 passes defended

And Jamie Collins cannot play the role?

It is not a five year plan. Stop fkn around, stop wasting time, money, resources, Get sht done now!

I get it just fine lol.

Jamie Collins got replaced, by Kyle Van Noy.

So why would you want a lesser player that got replaced twice in his career?

STOP FKN AROUND!

Didn't we roll with Quinn and Harris at DE last year?
Also, not sure whether either can contribute in a 3-4

Back
Top Bottom