Biegel for Alonso trade looks like a steal... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biegel for Alonso trade looks like a steal...

I can see biegel coming back as a depth 34 option package in 2020 role player

From 2016 to 2018 It's on par with every LB that has a minimum of 5 ints. I'm not sure what frequency you think a LB gets int's or ff's but if Alonso only occasionally gets turnover than the same can be said about every other LB.

(2016-2018) minimum of 5 INT's for LB's.

Alonso 5 ints and 6 FF
Keuchly 5 ints and 4 FF
Ryan Shazier 6 ints and 5 FF
CJ Mosley 7 ints and 4 ff
Deion Jones 8 ints and 2 FF
Alec Ogletree 8 ints and 2 FF
Jordan Hicks 5 ints and 0 FF
Telvin Smith 7 ints and 2 FF

Kiko and Reshad are similar is one respect, they are great at splash plays, but also are out of position a ton that lead to big plays as well.

That is their biggest issue. They cannot play consistently with the little things...it is either making a big play or out of position. Almost no in between.

Kiko and Reshad are similar is one respect, they are great at splash plays, but also are out of position a ton that lead to big plays as well.

That is their biggest issue. They cannot play consistently with the little things...it is either making a big play or out of position. Almost no in between.

Spot on. Kiko, even more-so than Rashad, basically goes 150 MPH in one direction every time. When he guesses right he looks like Lawrence Taylor. Problem is, that's about 8% of the time. When he guesses wrong he's nowhere near where he was supposed to be. I just think he lacks the discipline for team defense.

As for Kiko, I wish him well. Everyone who thought Jerome Baker was great and Kiko Alonso was terrible should be embarrassed today. I asked where we would get Kiko's INT's, forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, and chasing down all of the blown assignments (many by Baker) to make the play well past the line of scrimmage. Kiko got foolishly blamed for many of those, despite them being Baker's responsibility. Today, we're seeing Baker's blown assignments lead to tons of big plays, with nobody to clean up his mess. Say what you want, but we have decidedly NOT replaced Kiko's takeaways from the LB position, and on defense, takeaways is THE biggest impact play there is--much bigger than sacks. We've gone back to being subpar at LB in takeaways, where we've dwelled for most of the time when Kiko wasn't in the lineup.

Biegel has really flashed as a pass rusher. This may be an ideal defense for him. He was always an intriguing prospect, who, much like his Wisconsin teammate Van Ginkel, was able to utilize his speed in that Wisconsin defense. If Biegel can continue his strong pass rush, he has a future in this defense. It also bodes well for Van Ginkel, who is a similar player with speed and smarts to master this ultra-complex defense. Fingers crossed that they succeed.

Hey, this season is about finding those gems and developing them. While he was worth taking a flier on, none of us really thought Biegel would be the gem … but he may well be.

Too many love to rip this coaching staff.
But they've been doing a serious job with this nearly talentless roster.

I can't wait to see what they do when we get an infusion of talent.
Totally agree with you. Many people here have said we have the worst roster in the NFL but yet they want to blame the coaching staff. Some people like to have it both ways.

is kiko actually playing or starting for the saints or is he a rotational guy there?

I always found Alonso to be overrated. A lot of his tackles were because the run defense sucked and he would get consistently beat in pass coverage.

He played OLB predominantly, which is not where he was suited. The fact he got 100 plus tackles shows that he was good, and consistant. If he were playing ILB, he would have been better....But GASE......

He played OLB predominantly, which is not where he was suited. The fact he got 100 plus tackles shows that he was good, and consistant. If he were playing ILB, he would have been better....But GASE......
They had him at middle first season but then drafted middle backer from Ohio state. Not everything is gase fault.

It's bad. Out of everyone I thought might just take off this season it was Baker but it appears he isn't anything at all. So frustrating.
Ya, i don't think everybody realizes what a non impact he has been. It really has been bad considering the growth the coaching staff expected when they made him captain. I wouldn't be shocked if they move on from him next week if he doesn't make a jump. I don;'t mean cut, but a trade is possible. Zero impact plays. Biegel been in the starting lineup for two weeks and has more impact. This wasn't some hyperbole.

Back
Top Bottom