Biekert and T-Buck (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biekert and T-Buck (merged)

shane13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Biekert and T-Buck

The additions of linebacker Greg Biekert and T-Buck would be a nice fit for our team. Biekert, who refused to take a pay cut and was released by the Raiders, would provide us with solid veteran depth at the linebacker position. It's been reported (by ESPN) that he refused to take a pay cut because he didn't want to be a bench warmer for Oakland, especially at a lower price. I think he'd be willing to take less in order to play for us because he'd actually get some playing time. And, come December it would be nice to know we could rest Zach a game or two (if he's dinged up) because of that depth. T-Buck would give us excellent dime coverage, along with veteran play. I know he'd play for about the vet minimum--I think that's about what he signed with Tampa Bay for. I hope WannSpiel go out and do these two things to solidify our defense.

shane

raiders cut GREG BIEKERT

biekert would be a major upgrade as a backup lb...i also think that it would be a possibility that he could start at one of the olbs spots...but the most important thing he would do is backup zach...

i totally agree with you on both guys...that would give us great depth at both positions... and another offensive lineman wouldnt hurt either...

I would like to sign Biekert but...Like I said before.....He was cut becuase he didnt want to take a pay cut....which he most likely will not sign for the minimum....and I doubt Wannspiel will pay him good just to Back up....He will probably be playing for someone who needs a starting MLB.

KFFL REPORTED THAT THE VIKINGS AND LIONS ARE INTERESTED IN BIEKERT...HE COULD START FOR BOTH OF THEM AND GET MORE MONEY...

Biekert would be a good addition though but chances are he's not going anywhere near South Florida unless he's in another team's uniform.

Vikings | Negotiating With Biekert - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
22:57 PT: The Star Tribune reports the Minnesota Vikings are in negotiations to sign MLB Greg Biekert. "We'd like to see if we could get something done with Greg Biekert," coach Mike Tice said. "He played for Willie Shaw (defensive coordinator) and he's had some good success underneath Willie Shaw. If we sign him, that would be great. But we'll coach the guys we've got." As noted earlier, the Lions are in the hunt too. According to the Tribune, the Lions are offering more money to Biekert.

Tbuck is very realistic but Beikert is a waste of energy..
he had over 100 tackles last year and did not miss a game. plus he was going to make 2.5 million...

he will sign a long term deal with the lions or vikings who could start him. oakland is going no where this year....... i am glad they are on our schedule.

tbuck will get a good look since he lives down the street anyway.....

he may be visiting today.......

That would inprove our run d too. Biekerk and Thomas are run stoping lbs

Biekert Landed

Vikings | Biekert Landed - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
10:36 PT: Jay Glazer reports for SportsLine.com the Minnesota Vikings have reached a contract agreement with free agent MLB Greg Biekert (Raiders). He will sign a three-year contract. As expected, Biekert will shift into the starting middle linebacker spot with LB Henri Crockett moving to the weakside slot.

BIEKERT CHOOSES VIKES

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports that the Vikings have lured free-agent linebacker Greg Biekert to Minnesota with a three-year, $3.45 million deal.

According to Clayton, Biekert got $1 million to sign -- and he turned down more money from the Lions. But Biekert wanted to play for Minnesota defensive coordinator Willie Shaw, who served in that same capacity for the Raiders in 1998-99.

Biekert will start for the Vikings on Sunday against the Bears at middle linebacker, and Henri Crockett will slide to the weakside position.

In all, the Vikes have added eight new starting-quality players on defense since March. In addition to Crockett and Biekert, the Vikings signed defensive ends Kenny Mixon and Lorenzo Bromell from Miami, cornerback Corey Chavous from the Cardinals, safety Ronnie Bradford from the Falcons. Also, rookie Willie Offord will start at safety, and linebacker Raonall Smith will push Crockett for reps on the weakside.

Back
Top Bottom