Big Bad Buff Boys Coming to Town Favored by 5.5 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big Bad Buff Boys Coming to Town Favored by 5.5

Agree. It's just that Buffalo is operating on all cylinders. They look very much like the best team in football.

Doesn't mean Miami can't win. But it has to be a game where the Dolphins win the turnover battle and limit mistakes.

I expect Miami will play with a lot of energy. The wildcard, of course, is Tyreek Hill and what he adds to this team. Hill was brought in to help bridge the gap, to give Miami that explosive offense that can match the best. We saw that firsthand against Baltimore. Buffalo is a tougher test.

I can't wait.
100% going to depend on the OL. If we can stimy, or at least mitigate that beast ass D line they have, we're in business. Especially on 3rd down.

100% going to depend on the OL. If we can stimy, or at least mitigate that beast ass D line they have, we're in business. Especially on 3rd down.
It’s not that great. Our dline and defense in general is just as good as theirs. We just need Tua to keep playing like he did in the second half last week and we will win. Obviously their defense is better than Baltimores, but they got injuries and don’t have as much talent on the 53 as we do, contingent on the performance of Tua Tagovailoa. I believe.

Last edited:
We don't know what the standard is yet for McDaniel and Miami. But the offense looks like it can be explosive. That's always been missing in that seven game losing streak to Buffalo.

I liked how the offensive line played in the second half versus Baltimore. Little may be a keeper at RT when Jackson comes back. Subject for another time, but I agree with you that's a huge key.

It’s not that great. Our dline is just as good as theirs. We just need Tua to keep playing like he did in the second half last week and we will win. Obviously their defense is better than Baltimores, but they got injuries and don’t have as much talent on the 53 as we do, contingent on the performance of Tua Tagovailoa. I believe.
Have you watched them this year? That line was already sick, THEN they added Von Miller, and he's been on a rip.

They're #1 or 2 in every category that matters...we're not even close (bottom half of the league).

They are sickening good.

Have you watched them this year? That line was already sick, THEN they added Von Miller, and he's been on a rip.

They're #1 or 2 in every category that matters...we're not even close (bottom half of the league).

They are sickening good.
Yea, I watched an unprepared Rams team and a Tennessee team with a terrible offensive line, big deal. If their defense is so good why couldn’t they stop Mahomes with 13 seconds? Or when the Patriots threw the ball 3 times all game? Just who exactly is so awesome on their defense line? I know all about Jordan Phillips and Von, I was a big Phillips fan when he was here when most were not because of the raw talent, he’s developed nicely. But other than Von they don’t have any great players on their line, and Von is not in his prime. We have a pretty damn good dline ourselves, and I’ll take our secondary over theirs any day of the week.

I know they’re good, yada yada. But so are we, we should win this game. F*** the past.

Yea, I watched an unprepared Rams team and a Tennessee team with a terrible offensive line, big deal. If their defense is so good why couldn’t they stop Mahomes with 13 seconds? Or when the Patriots threw the ball 3 times all game? Just who exactly is so awesome on their defense line? I know all about Jordan Phillips and Von, I was a big Phillips fan when he was here when most were not because of the raw talent, he’s developed nicely. But other than Von they don’t have any great players on their line, and Von is not in his prime. We have a pretty damn good dline ourselves, and I’ll take our secondary over theirs any day of the week.

I know they’re good, yada yada. But so are we, we should win this game. F*** the past.
Oh I'm the first one to agree with you that the past has no relevance on this game. We have a new HC, many new players, and a new offensive system that the Bills don't yet fully know how to prepare for. We "should" win this game isn't fact...it's opinion. Vegas says the Bills "should" win...still not fact. It's a divisional game between rivals, one an established powerhouse, the other an up-and-coming contender within the division. There's no telling what's going to happen.

Let's see...Basham, Epenesa, Lawson, Rousseau, Oliver, Phillips...ALL rotate and do very well...they basically have two good DLs. And Von may not be in his prime...sure hasn't slowed him down any this season so far. Our DL is not as good as theirs when it comes to pass rush...it's just not. And behind them is possibly the best coverage LB in the league in Milano.

All that said, we have a shot at the win, moreso than in previous years IMO...but we HAVE to stop this DL...unless we want more Tua broken ribs.

I only post on here before we play the Fins and just wanted to let you know how Bills fans are feeling right now. There's one group that thinks Josh Allen is a god who can't be stopped against the Phins and that Tua is a left handed Alex Smith. There's the rational group who realizes we could be in big trouble with a decimated secondary, a short week, the heat in Miami, and a really hungry Dolphins team. We're also aware that Allen can put up some periodical clunkers.

Injuries to our secondary and your cheat code speed WR's are my biggest concern. Our entire starting secondary out (White, Jackson, Hyde, Poyer) going against the fastest dual of WR's in the NFL. The first three are guaranteed to miss and Poyer is an unknown at this point. We will have two rookies starting and at least one reserve at safety. Hyde is our biggest loss as he specializes in preventing big plays. Tua is an above average qb with excellent accuracy and good enough arm strength who should expose them if given time. Your pass protection will be the key to you either putting up 20 or 40. Our front six should be okay minus the loss of Jordan Phillips. I expect Oliver and Settle back up front. Miller and Rousseau need to show up big and generate organic pressure as we'll keep seven back because we need too or we'll look like 4th quarter Baltimore last week. McDermott has done well against Shanahan style offenses but this is a different animal with a banged up secondary going against two speed demons from hell.

Our offense is mostly healthy and hopefully Davis is ready to go and his bum ankle doesn't make him ineffective on Sunday. I only see two outcomes. A humbling blowout in the Miami heat or a close shootout that can go either way. For the latter to occur we need Josh to be on his A game and play much better than he did in the two games against you last year. I already put money on the Fins at +5.5 once I heard Hyde was seeking a second opinion on his neck. I'm hoping for a close Bills victory but if we do get crushed I hedged my emotions with my wallet. This could be a fun rivalry like the 90's over the next decade and I wish you nothing but ill will along with disappointment and heartbreak.

Back
Top Bottom