Big Bad Buff Boys Coming to Town Favored by 5.5 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big Bad Buff Boys Coming to Town Favored by 5.5

Gonna be a tough game. The one thing I will say is that in a couple of the recent games the issue has been more that the Buffalo D overwhelms the offense and the Buffalo offense is just too potent to keep under wraps all game.

I'm not gonna predict a win or call the Bills overrated as they are clearly all in this year, but if the offense is able to be competent I think the game will be very entertaining
Agreed, protect Tua and I think we can stress their defense more than it’s been stressed this season.

Oh I'm the first one to agree with you that the past has no relevance on this game. We have a new HC, many new players, and a new offensive system that the Bills don't yet fully know how to prepare for. We "should" win this game isn't fact...it's opinion. Vegas says the Bills "should" win...still not fact. It's a divisional game between rivals, one an established powerhouse, the other an up-and-coming contender within the division. There's no telling what's going to happen.

Let's see...Basham, Epenesa, Lawson, Rousseau, Oliver, Phillips...ALL rotate and do very well...they basically have two good DLs. And Von may not be in his prime...sure hasn't slowed him down any this season so far. Our DL is not as good as theirs when it comes to pass rush...it's just not. And behind them is possibly the best coverage LB in the league in Milano.

All that said, we have a shot at the win, moreso than in previous years IMO...but we HAVE to stop this DL...unless we want more Tua broken ribs.
I hear u, but we have 2 good dlines as well. Ogbah is excellent imo, and I’ll take Phillips over Rousseau. Wilkins is excellent, and Davis is a problem in the run game. All Sieler seems to do is make plays, and Jenkins is a good back up for Davis. Van Ginkel, Ingram, Flowers, technically LBs but really play edge…u get my point. Excellent dline on our side too, and how much money have Flowers and Ingram made in their careers? They aren’t dead yet. I’ll give you that their pass rush is probably a little better from their dline, but overall talent wise it isn’t that much better than ours. Then you consider Ogbah is one of the best in the league at batting balls and we have 2 of the best blitzing safeties in the league, there’s more than one way to skin a cat. We can and should beat these guys right now. Unlikely to happen in the snow…

Last edited:
It’s not that great. Our dline and defense in general is just as good as theirs. We just need Tua to keep playing like he did in the second half last week and we will win. Obviously their defense is better than Baltimores, but they got injuries and don’t have as much talent on the 53 as we do, contingent on the performance of Tua Tagovailoa. I believe.
I mean I get homerism man - but you don't really believe that 1st part about the fins dline and D being just as good do you? I like the Fins D and think they will show a lot better than they did vs Ravens but that's simply not true that they are as good - Bills D is arguably the best in the league when healthy...Fins aren't - top 10 - sure I'll take that

I mean I get homerism man - but you don't really believe that 1st part about the fins dline and D being just as good do you? I like the Fins D and think they will show a lot better than they did vs Ravens but that's simply not true that they are as good - Bills D is arguably the best in the league when healthy...Fins aren't - top 10 - sure I'll take that
I do. If they are so great they should’ve beaten the Chiefs in the playoffs last year or not let the Pats run it down their throats for 60 minutes. And I don’t think they could’ve played Baltimores offense as tough as we did last year. Don’t give me the stats, football isn’t about stats. Their offense has been much better than ours for years now which greatly assists their overrated defense. Yes they are very good but so are we. Last week was tough but Lamar was on fire. Even still X should’ve had that pick 6, rare drop.

The Bills deserve to be overwhelming favorites based upon past history and recent performance. Multiple players need to show improvement for the Phins to win this game.

Now that I am done with my Debby Downer statements, I am excited for this game. The Phins have an opportunity to make a statement! Let’s go!

This is an obvious game plan for the bills with a hurt secondary..

So their thought process is to drop 7 in coverage and allow their talented dline to win their battles.

There should be many lanes and many D- backs backs turned to Tua when he drops.

If he doesn’t take advantage of this matchup and cut them with his legs, if that’s not prioritized then imo it is a red flag way down the road and a sign that it’s really not part of his makeup and football brain and that would be really disappointing

Those bills four are going to be coming after a spot in the pocket, there will be lanes to run thru big time because of it

Agreed, protect Tua and I think we can stress their defense more than it’s been stressed this season.

You’d expect them to try their best to bring pressure with their down 4. Bringing more than that for them is highly dangerous.

The Bills deserve to be overwhelming favorites based upon past history and recent performance. Multiple players need to show improvement for the Phins to win this game.

Now that I am done with my Debby Downer statements, I am excited for this game. The Phins have an opportunity to make a statement! Let’s go!
Absolutely, but let’s be real. A game of this magnitude is going to come down to QB play. We need second half Tua from last week and not first half Tua. We get second half Tua, we can definitely win this game.

I'd be happy with first-half Tua, minus the 2nd INT.
Yea, can't have those int's. Imo the real reason Buffalo is so scary is because of Josh Allen. But if we can get a similar level of play from Tua and hit Josh Allen in is c0cky f****** mouth, watch out.

Yea, can't have those int's. Imo the real reason Buffalo is so scary is because of Josh Allen. But if we can get a similar level of play from Tua, watch out.
The first INT was on Tyreek, he slipped coming out of his turn and it let the safety get leverage. Accidental, yes, but still killed the play. Tua's job on that play was perfectly done.

The first INT was on Tyreek, he slipped coming out of his turn and it let the safety get leverage. Accidental, yes, but still killed the play. Tua's job on that play was perfectly done.
And the second INT was completely on Tua. Even 1 bad INT in a close game can be the difference. Tua needs to play fantastic, I expect Josh Allen will like he's done to us for a while now.

This is an obvious game plan for the bills with a hurt secondary..

So their thought process is to drop 7 in coverage and allow their talented dline to win their battles.

There should be many lanes and many D- backs backs turned to Tua when he drops.

If he doesn’t take advantage of this matchup and cut them with his legs, if that’s not prioritized then imo it is a red flag way down the road and a sign that it’s really not part of his makeup and football brain and that would be really disappointing

Those bills four are going to be coming after a spot in the pocket, there will be lanes to run thru big time because of it
I’m thinking we might see the opposite…that the Bills try to bring overwhelming pressure early and often.

I don’t expect they can rush 4 and drop 7 too often. The Ravens dropped 8-9 in coverage at times last week and got shredded. With the Bills having multiple starters out in the secondary, they could be as fragile as that Ravens pass defense was in the second half.

I think we’re going to see all-out pressure from the Bills. I think they’ll go that route to attempt to protect their secondary.

Back
Top Bottom