Big Ben Ego"out of control" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big Ben Ego"out of control"

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
BEN TOO BIG FOR HIS BRITCHES?

A league source tells us that the Steelers are becoming concerned that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's ego is "out of control" in the wake of his unexpectedly solid rookie season.

Roethlisberger, the eleventh overall pick in the 2004 draft, took over the offense when Tommy Maddox was injured in Week Two against the Ravens. Roethlisberger didn't lose a start until the AFC championship game against New England and Bill Belichick, when Pittsburgh coach Bill Cowher and offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt inexplicably (in our opinion) abandoned the running game and put the game in the rookie's hands -- against one of the greatest defensive masterminds of all time.

And it was in the wake of Roethlisberger's only loss of the season that concerns began to develop. Ben and Cowher traded dueling sound bites regarding whether Roethlisberger played the game with broken toes. Roethlisberger claimed the toes were busted; Cowher said Ben's toes were fine.

More recently, the team has expressed concern regarding Roethlisberger's habit of riding a motorcycle sans helmet. But Ben has ignored requests that he either stop riding the bike -- or that he start putting a protective device on his closely-shaven grill.

Folks inside the building have taken notice of Roethlisberger's conduct. "He's shown up his head coach several times," said the source.

Roethlisberger's attitude, we're told, is something that arose after he became the hottest young quarterback in the league. "The kid was okay when he came out [of college]," said the source, "but now after one year he acts he's like Terry Bradshaw around everybody -- the media, the staff, team doctors, et cetera."

The source's advice for Roethlisberger?

"Stop acting like Joe Gilliam if you want to be one tenth the quarterback Bradshaw was."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I heard he was real ****y coming out of college, but that's a real ashame. Considering the main reason his team went 15-1 was because of their GREAT rushing attack, GREAT Offensive Line, GREAT trio of WR's, and GREAT DEFENSE. Can't believe Big Ben is full of himself after 1 season in the NFL. Well this year should be different considering, not only do I expect Baltimore to take division... I'm doubting Pittsburgh will even make Wild Cards.

All i know is he better change that damn attitude quick....or the vets wont do anything he says.

its a shame if this is true, big ben has an awesome arm and good mobility, he is like a larger version of brett favre almost with more mobility i think. but if there is a coach that will shapen him up its cowher.

PFT is bull****.

a "source said"

well a "source" said that we are going to cut chris chambers.........the source is my purple dragon friend.

True, it is from PFT, but i wouldnt doubt that this is real. Just about any QB that went through their rookie season like Ben did would prob act the same way.

Back
Top Bottom