Big Ben lashes out at former coach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big Ben lashes out at former coach

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Steelers QB says Whisenhunt wrong about last year

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger says an off-season motorcycle accident and emergency appendectomy had nothing to do with his subpar performance last season.

Ken Whisenhunt, the Steelers' ex-offensive coordinator and current Arizona Cardinals coach, said recently that Roethlisberger was rushed back into action, but the quarterback told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette for a story Wednesday that he doesn't think that's true.

"No, I don't agree with Whis," Roethlisberger said. "There were a lot of things I didn't agree with Whis about, and that's another one."
Whisenhunt said at last month's NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis that he thought Roethlisberger's June 12 accident and an emergency appendectomy early in the season, were partly to blame for his performance in a season in which he threw 23 interceptions. The Steelers went 8-8 and missed the playoffs.

"No, I don't think I was rushed. I think I just didn't play well. I had a bad year," Roethlisberger said. "I'm sure Whis had a bad year once in his career."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../bc.fbn.steelers.roethlisberger.ap/index.html

well, Ben admitted to having a bad year, so if he says it wasn't because of the accident, then it wasn't because of the accident.

I dislike "Big Ben" very much and was very glad to see that SOB struggle last year. Let's hope it continues :D

It could also be that the "next Marino" was just grossly over rated from the start

I think Ben was very fortunate to have won a Superbowl, the year before last. The team was very average....they just got big production at the right time, and the right breaks to win it all. I think the Steelers have fallen off and I think Cincy and Baltimore are a lot better than them.

Just another Trent dilfer or Mark Rypen, He'll disappear sooner than later.

Hes an average quarterback, nothing more and nothing less. He has never proven himself to be anything more that average.

I don't know if it was as much Big Ben getting rushed back from the accident as it was Big Ben getting an emergency appendectimy the 1st week of the season, suffering a pretty bad concussion midway through the season, Hines Ward being on a bad hamstring, Cedrick Wilson and Willie Reed being hurt (they had a couple games where the WRs were Holmes, Washington, and Morrey), and the offensive line doing horrible. Truth be told, the Steelers just had a lot of issues last year.

Whis sounds like he was trying to push off some scrutiny of Big Ben and then Ben says stuff like "There were a lot of things I didn't agree with Whis about, and that's another one" and "I'm sure Whis had a bad year once in his career."

Now, I can't jump to conclusions because the tone at which he said that could be a very big determination what he meant, but damn. Seems like a class-less thing to say.

Back
Top Bottom