Big Ben won't do motorcycle safety ads | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big Ben won't do motorcycle safety ads

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Ben Roethlisberger doesn't plan on doing public safety announcements for motorcycle or helmet safety following his accident last month.

"I don't think that's my place," the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback said in a taped interview aired Friday on ABC's Good Morning America.

"Some people feel that, you know, I probably should be doing that and being a big advocate for that," Roethlisberger said from Los Angeles. "But for me, I'm going to let people make their own decisions ... So I don't think you'll see me doing any kind of billboards or advertisements."

Roethlisberger had been in Los Angeles for the taping of the ESPY Awards. On Friday, he was slated to play in the American Century Celebrity Golf Championship in Nevada.

Roethlisberger had seven hours of facial reconstruction surgery June 12 after ramming his motorcycle into a car that turned left in front of him on a Pittsburgh street.
Roethlisberger broke his jaw and nose when his head smashed into the car's windshield and he was thrown over the car onto the pavement. He was cited for riding without a license and not wearing a helmet.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5784468?FSO1&ATT=HCP&GT1=8393

this is usually where people chiime in with he needs to have responsibility and set a good example for there children, Parents this is a good oppurtunity to show your children why you are their hero not stupid athletes that will most likely do the same thing again.

gee god forbid maybe he saves a life.....

Sorry if that sounds mean but come on......im sure lots of kids look up to him and would wear a helmet if he said so...its not like he is choosing their religon

Alex44 said:
gee god forbid maybe he saves a life.....

Sorry if that sounds mean but come on......im sure lots of kids look up to him and would wear a helmet if he said so...its not like he is choosing their religon

I personally think he's embarrassed and ashamed at what happened, so he probably doesn't want any type of reminders or things of that nature. I can understand it.

A Wing Pilot said:
this is usually where people chiime in with he needs to have responsibility and set a good example for there children, Parents this is a good oppurtunity to show your children why you are their hero not stupid athletes that will most likely do the same thing again.
AMEN.

A Wing Pilot said:

Great Points... The modern day athlete is as vunerable and as ordinary any other person and are not invinsible...

I kinda think he should. Alotof people look up to him. Kinda a responcibility of athletes

playmaker1 said:
I kinda think he should. Alotof people look up to him. Kinda a responcibility of athletes

yea definately especially the fact that hes a sb winner already.hes a big role model in pittsburgh

PatsSuck456 said:
Lets hope his ******* learned a lesson.

I I doubt he's going to quit, and if he doesnt care about his own neck then why should I? (I really wouldnt care about him even if he did tho) another reason why most athletes are only admirable on the field and shouldnt be role models.

lets start offby saying that was the stupidest thing that a franchise QB for the superbowl champs could ever do. He needs to think about more than his self. The safety videos on the other hand should just be a re-enactmentof his accident. If you dont want to end up like this wear a helmet.:dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom