Big Ben's Injury could give Dolphins edge | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big Ben's Injury could give Dolphins edge

elite14eva

Yashu Mane!!!
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm probably going to get grilled by the critics for this, but here goes... I'm hoping that Ben Roethlisberger's unfortunate motorcycle accident gives the Miami Dolphins and edge in their Week 1 matchup against the Pittsburgh Steelers .
There. I said it.
Now don't get me wrong. I'm not a heartless fanatic hoping that Ben Roethlisberger is somehow irreparably damaged by this incident. What I am looking for is a Big Ben on the mend. A guy that will be back to 100%, but just not in time for the September 7th matchup that will usher in the new NFL season. A guy that can't help his team beat what is looking to be a formidable Dolphins unit.
If Roethlisberger cannot go for that Thursday Night opener, Miami's chances of opening the season 1-0 get exponentially better. If he is merely limited in mobility, Big Ben's inability to scramble for first downs or buy time outside of the pocket for downfield throws might end up giving the Miami Dolphins the edge they'll need to secure the all-important AFC road win.
And what if Ben Roethlisberger proves to be as tough the Steel city that he calls home? What if he lines up under center in Week 1 showing no ill effects from the crash?
If that happens, Nick Saban and company had better bring their A-game, because they'll be going up against a quarterback who, by virtue of the fact that he is already a Super Bowl champ and a survivor of a fairly horrific motorcycle wreck, will be a true legend in his own time.

I really hope Ben is ready to play week 1....this way we won't have to hear all the excuses from Steeler fans AFTER we beat them. I think Ben will probably lose some weight from having a broken jaw and missing teeth, and he may not be 100%...but he has almost 3 months to get ready....that is plenty of time. It doesn't sound like he hurt his knees, and his arm is perfectly ok. I think he will be ready for week 1....same for DC.

Roman529 said:
I really hope Ben is ready to play week 1....this way we won't have to hear all the excuses from Steeler fans AFTER we beat them. I think Ben will probably lose some weight from having a broken jaw and missing teeth, and he may not be 100%...but he has almost 3 months to get ready....that is plenty of time. It doesn't sound like he hurt his knees, and his arm is perfectly ok. I think he will be ready for week 1....same for DC.

What we played them when we didnt have Ricky when we would of won easily.So I always say payback is a *****.

Roman529 said:

I think it is a double edged sword. If Ben doesn't play and we win they will use it as an excuse.

If Ben is 100% and we win they will say look at what he has been through and all the mental struggles he has had.

Either way they will have a way to explain why.

The one edge I believe this gives us is the media will now focus more on Ben and less on Pep and we can go about our business.

i dont want to hear any excuses from them after we kick their cans game 1 so i hope hes playing..

Roman529 said:

Sounds, right now, like he will be ready. Who knows, he has gone through alot. And I do hope the best for him. But I do want him to be starting, even though there will be excuses no matter what happens

Back
Top Bottom