big cat williams to the pats | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

big cat williams to the pats

massfinfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
what i have heard on sports radio here in the boston area is that james "BIG CAT" williams will sign with the pats this weekend. Where are they getting this money to sign all these players. Anything to help their putrid running game.

Man, I was hoping he would stay available until after this preseason game in case we needed him.

That sucks. Not good news...but their RB sucks anyway. Still, not good news. Where I they finding the money to do this? Well people might be asking the same question about us...

No use fretting over it. The Patriots got hold of two fatties so late in training camp that they'll have a hard time getting into the kind of shape that Belichick demands before the season starts.

Its kind of like what they did in the offseason before they went to the super bowl...sign some people real late that they hope will contribute strongly. But this time around they didn't get healthy in shape guys with fire in the belly. They got torn up bruised fatties with cheeseburgers in the belly.

Why is everyone getting so worried? Williams is pretty much cooked in this league. The Patriots are signing chaff - their OL is awful and they traded their oft starting RT Greg Robinson-Randall to Houston and Kenyatta Jones has been woeful. Why do you think guys like Williams and the G they signed the other day, Corben Lacina were out there so long? These are street free agents that no-one else wanted.

Do the Pats have better QB's than us? NO
Do they have better TB's than us? No
Do they have better receivers? Probably
Do they have better TE's - 50/50
Do they have a better OL? No
Better DL? No
Better LB's? No
Better secondary? No
Better coverage team? No
Better kicker......50-50
Better punter? No

STOP WORRYING. Belichick is covering his tail after he failed to sign a decent OL in the draft despite all his picks. It's still a roster with plenty of holes. No run game, weak OL, ageing veteran receivers and youngsters with fumble issues, a DL that was 2nd worst in the NFL at stopping the run last year, a 1st round NT that can't play the nose, a Pro Bowl DT who has been shifted to end, but has marginal speed, the same linebackers, save the pass rush threat of Colvin, that gave up 187 to Ricky in week 17, a rookie corner in Asante Samuel and 2 strong safeties, neither of whom can play the deep ball and both of whom bite on playfakes like Roseanne Barr on tootsie rolls.

STOP WORRYING.

Listen, I know Griese gives us a quality backup QB, but I'd rather have Tom Brady than Jay Fiedler and Brian Griese.

After the sub-par season of Troy Brown...and with Derrius Thompson looking so good, I don't think I'm agreeing with ya here.

No contest here, we have a far better TE situation. Rather have McMichael and a few no-names than the disappointing Daniel Graham and Christian Fauria.

Better LB's? No

I actually think with Colvin being there, Ted Johnson, etc...we're lookin ALMOST even on this front.

Better coverage team? No

How do you know? Seriously, not tryin to be a smart@ss.

a Pro Bowl DT who has been shifted to end, but has marginal speed

You obviously haven't seen Richard Seymour play DE in the new 3-4 scheme. The Pats switched to 3-4 a lot last season, and Seymour played DE not NT. Seymour is looking fanfrickingtastic so far. The guy will collect double digit sacks. I'd stake a lot on it. Ty Warren has also looked very impressive at DE rather than NT...John Clayton listed him as one of his 2 most impressive rookie DEs.

If I'm not mistaken, Assante Samuel is not the starting CB. I believe that falls to Eugene Wilson, the 2nd round CB.

NOW THAT THE SOX HAVE GONE DOWN THE T-BOWL, ALL THE HYPE IS ON THE THE PATRIOTS!!!!!!! I AM GLAD THE DOLPHINS ARE ON NATIONAL TV TOMORROW UP HERE.

No need to remind you that patriots whooped our *** and kept us from the playoffs. Enough said, we beat the patriots when we don't need to and when we need to they rape us.

Originally posted by Boomer

I can appreciate this, Jay is horrably underrated, and Brady is one of the most overrated QB's in the league.

Do they have better TB's than us? No

I'm assuming you meant DB's, and if so, then yeah, NE has one of the best secondaries out there, but only Philly can claim to be as talented in the D Backfield.

Hmmm, better depth possibly, but from a starting 2 wideouts, I'll take Chambers and Thompson over Patten and Brown anyday.

I'll take Randy over Fauria every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Do they have a better OL? No

wellllll.... Their passblockers have done great, but NE's line fails to get the job done on runblocking, I'd give our Line a slight edge here.

Better DL? No

Agreed.

Better LB's? No

I woudlent say better, but it's a lot closer than many would think, Colvin really gives this team a monster... I don't think they have the LB corps to run the 3-4, but they are good nonetheless.

Better coverage team? No

Well, we were better on Punt coverage, and the Patsies did better on Kickoff coverage, it was close in both cases, so I would call it a draw.

Better kicker......50-50

If Mare returns to form, then yeah, I'll agree with this.

Better punter? No

Ummm, now that I think about it.. I just realised that I can't even think of who New Englands punter is... I'll take your word for it untill I look it up myself.

both of whom bite on playfakes like Roseanne Barr on tootsie rolls.

Okay... THAT was a great line! :D

hurricane 495 this is massfinfan, i am located in beverly mass, otherwise known as the northshore.

CK - I think I'll reserve judgement on Seymour till the end of week 17...same with Warren, who the Boston papers have called disappointing.

Our QB's as a unit are better than the Pats and I agree that Brady is overrated.

How do I know we have a better coverage team? Well I get all the Fins games sent to me from a Pat fan - he often sticks Pats games on the end of the tapes, so I see a lot of them. I can't remember when we gave up a kick for 6.....I can remember when the Pats gave up a kick and a punt for a TD.

Samuel started over Wilson last week and from reading the Boston papers, seems as though he has inside track on replacing Otis Smith.

Barbarian - TB's means tailbacks, or running backs.

Junior Seau 55 - I don't think that the Patriots 'whooped our @ss at the end of the year; they beat us on a last minute FG after more luck than you or I get in a lifetime.

The Pats have decent WR depth with Brown, David Patten, David Givens, Bethel Johnson and the rookie from last year whose name I have completely forgotten.

Their LB's, save Colvin and Phifer, are slow, getting old and have real trouble at the point. Our depth, without Moore is pretty mediocre though......

Back
Top Bottom