Big Chance For Rosen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big Chance For Rosen

BSQ

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
Tonight is a very big opportunity for Josh Rosen to continue to close the gap between himself and Fitz. Fitz will start and probably plays 2 or 3 serieses. Rosen will then have his chance to show how quick he is in decision making, how he suddenly has amazing body language and command of the huddle. These were some of the criticisms Flo had about Rosen's work against the Falcons.

I'm going to predict a big night for Rosen and his buddy Preston Williams! Rosen will have his best moments as a Dolphin tonight. After tonight, most people will realise the starting job is his. I'm hoping.

If Rosen doesn't start...him starting would fit, considering how they ran the last two practices with TB.

Reactions: BSQ
Keep in mind if it's raining tonight then we could be running more than passing. Also, will he have the time to pass with our O-line struggling?

I’m sure that the coaches got a good look at Rosen this week during the TB practices. I wouldn’t risk too much tonight. I live in the Tampa area and the weather sucks.

You guys are 100% right. If the weather sucks just play a run first ballgame. The main thing is the health of the players going forward. We don't need to lose a valuable player in an exhibition game. I'd keep Tunsil on the bench.

I hope he plays a bit longer than 2-3 series.

You gotta get Rosen a chance to play much more than Fitz so while I'm a bit surprised by him starting it doesn't make sense for Rosen to play just a few series.

In typical Dolphins fashion though the weather is absolutely terrible for passing when our young QB gets a shot. First series and three catchable balls, only one caught on a three and out.

You guys are 100% right. If the weather sucks just play a run first ballgame. The main thing is the health of the players going forward. We don't need to lose a valuable player in an exhibition game. I'd keep Tunsil on the bench.

Nah. Gotta see how the kid whips it in the rain. He'll have to do it at some point.

Nah. Gotta see how the kid whips it in the rain. He'll have to do it at some point.

It's not just how the QB whips it, it's how the rain impacts the ability of the receivers to help him out, and other things. I've watched enough single digit shootouts in the rain in south FL to know it affects even HOF QB's and legendary offenses. The worry is that short sighted staff will use deflated numbers against a QB.

For the record up to now Rosen has passed the eye test pretty well. Not perfect but he again looks like a guy who has command of the field.

Sirspud, great call here!!!!!!!!!! A single digit shootout!!!! For almost all of it. The game stunk. A real sloppy, penalty flag on every play type of affair. Rosen didn't take the step forward I hoped for.

Sirspud, great call here!!!!!!!!!! A single digit shootout!!!! For almost all of it. The game stunk. A real sloppy, penalty flag on every play type of affair. Rosen didn't take the step forward I hoped for.
Is it his fault that there were 6 drops?

Not at all. It isn't his fault that he had little time to throw. I think Rosen just didn't make a couple of throws he could have.

Back
Top Bottom