Big name jinx? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big name jinx?

67Stang

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I am wondering why when we get a big name FA in here,something bad happens. Boston last year, the Ricky Williams thing, The Cris Carter fiasco, and even Thurman Thomas had a career ending injury when he came here. Can anyone think of any more?

mjwenz said:
Cris Carter and Thurman Thomas don't count.

Exactly. They were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY past their prime. Boston wasn't really a big name, he just had 1 maybe 2 good seasons. Ricky's a headcase. I'd blame it all on Wanny though, he should be blamed for everything that happened the last four years. :lol:

They are big names that got hurt, Carter immediately. Those are really the 4 big names we have aquired in the last say 7 years

yeah, ricky and boston were both headcases.

Wanny couldnt handle them.

It's more like #34 jinx....

Can you guys name all our players who've worn #34???

Eric Green was supposed to make our offense a guaranteed Super Bowl winner in 95. That one didn't turn out so hot.

I dont really think Carter, Thomas or Boston count. Thomas and Carter were old and none of the 3 were expected to save our team. Boston was a question from the beginning, it not working with him shouldnt of come as a surprise. And none of the 3 were big name free agents, especially since we traded for Boston

Yeah but you have to look at it like taking the bad with the good. Miami has had some good big FA signings. Seau and Knight didn't do too shabby. I'm hoping Tebuck Jones along with improvements from Feeley and Booker also pan out.........

Hugh Green was another big acquisition who got hurt

When we got him he wasn't as dominant as his college days at Pitt or earliest NFL years, but still a special talent.

As for #34, that was also Cecil Collins, if I remember correctly. I'm guessing he has many more digits in his number these days.

Awsi Dooger said:
When we got him he wasn't as dominant as his college days at Pitt or earliest NFL years, but still a special talent.

As for #34, that was also Cecil Collins, if I remember correctly. I'm guessing he has many more digits in his number these days.
HG was the first thing that came to my mind, 'cause that one hurt bad. There were high hopes pinned on that guy. Mine anyway.

Awsi Dooger said:

yea but he had the levitation dance...never forget that jets game.

Back
Top Bottom